++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
guitardude1985
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Longevity

I wonder how long AB will be around? I mean, I'm hearing all this that AB could potentially be droped from wind-up...any confermation on that? Anyway, if they do I wonder what their going to do.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #2
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Re: Longevity

Finally get huge ?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
Unforgiven Fan
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Unforgiven Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Unforgiven Fan

i doubt wind-up will drop alter bridge in the short term, longevity for Alter Bridge is questionable because it depends on wheather their sound strikes a cord in rock music listeners and because they are a band with memebers in there 30's there is a possiblity that wind-up will do even less market for them unless they have a huge hit because these types of bands usally drop of the radar.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
The Lithium
USER INFO »

I think AB would drop WU before WU dropped AB...

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABB.net) ABB.net: What can Alter Bridge fans expect for the future?

Michael Tremonti: You can expect Alter Bridge to go out there and kick your ass every single night. They keep getting better and better, their shows are becoming more involved. There will be many more CD’s, concerts, live performances in the future. These guys are in it for the long haul! It’s going to be a great, great future!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 01-02-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
Creed7352
USER INFO »

where have you been hearing that WU is going to drop them?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #6
titan9
USER INFO »

I really doubt that WU would drop them. If anyone drops anyone, it's gonna be AB dropping WU. WU sucks at promotion, unless it is for a well known band/artist.

All the members of AB, as far as I can tell, are very happy to be in the band. I honestly see it sticking around for as long as the members feel like making music. Hopefully that is a long time.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #7
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

it's going to be difficult for ANY band to get really huge right now...I think that the best case scenario for AB is to get maybe Audioslave or even Incubus big...neither Stapp nor AB could achieve Creed big in today's market...even Creed would have a difficult time...
Old 01-03-2006, 04:05 AM   #8
jammy123
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by evyllsummer) even Creed would have a difficult time...
i wudnt agree to that but goin thr is COMPLETELY pointless
Old 01-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #9
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

IF, and I mean IF, WU dropps AB I think that AB will start their own lable seeing they have the money to promot themselfs now and stuff... Plus I think that they would get some bands to come join them... Atleast Submeresed would, if they could that is. But don't think that WU will...

If I recall this right, didn't Mark say he didn't want the band to get to promoted? That he wanted to start from the bottom and work his way up, playing at small venues? So I'm not shure that it's WUs foult!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #10
bobben
USER INFO »

I thnik that the reason why these rumours are out is that it seems like Tremonti doesn't want big advertising and high promotion...and that's something that no recordlabel want to hear from a band! It's all about the money for them (WU).
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 01-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #11
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RoffeDH) IF, and I mean IF, WU dropps AB I think that AB will start their own lable seeing they have the money to promot themselfs now and stuff... Plus I think that they would get some bands to come join them... Atleast Submeresed would, if they could that is. But don't think that WU will...

If I recall this right, didn't Mark say he didn't want the band to get to promoted? That he wanted to start from the bottom and work his way up, playing at small venues? So I'm not shure that it's WUs foult!

no, he wanted the band promoted, he just didn't want to have the promotion involving capitalizing on how they were formerly Creed, and Windup didn't like that at all, so Windup pretty much stopped all the promotion altogether after OYE...
Old 01-03-2006, 03:37 PM   #12
RoffeDH
USER INFO »

Hmmm... Might be evyllsummer, but that's not how I recall it... Might as well ask them...
Old 01-03-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Well, why would they NOT want promoted? I would LOVE to see the interview where Mark said that he DIDN'T want promoted...as for starting out with smaller venues, they had NO CHOICE...and, as for Mark's opinion of Windup's lack of participation, he made his feelings pretty clear in his last interview...I'll find it...
Old 01-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #14
evyllsummer
USER INFO »

Alter Bridge sets foot on Dutch soil for the fourth time. Today as part of a eight-gig Brittish tour, with one sidetrack to Europe's mainland. The concert in the Amsterdam concertchurch Paradiso is already sold out for over two months. I can be very clear about the performance: astounding, with all four bandmembers in topshape. Their entire debutalbum passes the set except for
"Shed My Skin", and theyve added coversongs "Whole Lotta Rosie" (AC/DC) and "Rock and Roll" (Led Zeppelin). The crowd sings along to the lyrics of almost every song. Singer Myles Kennedy uses his guitar more often than at the earlier gigs (he even was allowed to do a solo). Also the openingband, Logan from Glasgow - call them a mix between Creed and Alter Bridge - manages to win over many hearts in the crowd and will eventually sell over 100 copies of their demo-album. Short before the concert i spoke to Marc Tremonti.

'All That Remains' is released almost one and a half years ago, and during the soundcheck i heard several news songs. Why wont they play them during the gig? Cuz with only one album under their belt and refusing to play old material of Creed or The Mayfield Four, new songs could prolongue the concert past the one hour limit. Tremonti was obviously taken by surprise by this question.

"We dont have new songs yet."

He replied without hesitation, so i will try to get an answer out of him in a different way. I read in Billboard magazine a large article about your recordlabel Wind-up. In their success-story Alan and Diana Meltzer, the most important people of the label, paised Evanescence, Creed and almost every other band in their label. Except for Alter Bridge, who by now have reach Gold in sales, they werent mentioned at all. For me a sign the label doesnt think Alter Bridge are important.

"You put it in a friendly way. Nothing bad can be said about Sony/BMG, they do the right thing in Europe, but i cannot even be close to positive about Wind-Up"

It looks like the label is focussing mainly on Scott Stapp and his solo-album "The Great Devide". When you visit Wind-Ups website it's Stapp this and Stapp that. Even the Creed-site doesnt mention Alter Bridge at all, while Stapps new record is allover the place.

"So you noticed that too! Since his solo-album was released ive been getting a lot of fanmail in which diehard creedfans express their feelings saying his album was dissapointing. It apparently is way too sweet/soft for them."

Do you think Scott Stapp is trying to make you look bad towards Wind-Up?

"Scott shares the bed with the Meltzerfamily, thats very obvious by now."

Can you guys talk with the label about their position towards you guys?

"We've been doing that for over a year now, but they end all the conversations with a 'fuck you' every time."

Is that one of the reasons you're still not in the studios recording a second album?

"Let me put it this way, we will be in the studio by summer 2006, whatever will happen."

So the troubles with Wind-Up are the reason you're not playing new songs live?

"We don't have any new songs."

The guitarist replied this time with a little smile on his face. Alright, in a different approach: if you play a new song during the time youre under contract with a label, would that new song be property by that label? Marc can hardly avoid the answer to this question.

"That could be possible."

I've heard you guys wanted to release a live DVD to show some signs of life.

"How did you find that out? Indeed, we wanted to tape a concert, but our recordlabel didnt want to spend money on it. Then we offered them to pay for it ourselves - afterall there are a few milionaires in this band - and they still did not want to release it."

That of course is difficult to understand. What caught my attention aswell is that this gig was sold out for well over two months.

"The reason for that is without a doubt our performance at the Fields of Rock festival. Ever since we took the stage over there we noticed our popularity in The Netherlands increased rapidly. We would love to thank you all for that."
Old 01-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #15
Soundslave
USER INFO »

I was just going to go looking for that at article when I started to read the thread.

I really hope:

Quote: The guitarist replied this time with a little smile on his face. Alright, in a different approach: if you play a new song during the time youre under contract with a label, would that new song be property by that label? Marc can hardly avoid the answer to this question.

"That could be possible."

means that they aren't playing any new songs truely because the next album will be under a different label.

Last edited by Soundslave : 01-03-2006 at 04:52 PM.