++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #61
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) ^^^^
I'm not sure if I got your point: do you mean: that "maybe" they can restore the friendship or bring back Creed?
Cause I definitely dont believe in the last possibility.It has no chance.

Possibly restore the friendship , but with a small possibility of a reuninon.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:47 PM   #62
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Possibly restore the friendship , but with a small possibility of a reuninon.

I don't even care about a reunion anymore, unless it means they'll return to the awesomeness that was MOP. Even then, I really like Alter Bridge and their music, so I'd be torn. But I would love to see Mark and Scott put aside their differences and restore the friendship. As a big fan of both, I hate to see them feuding like this.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-01-2005, 09:15 PM   #63
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Well it would be a very good thing--I mean to restore the friendship, but they went too far, said a lot of bad things to each other and for each other, so I think a reunion or even the restore of their friendship is something very unreal.

When you finish a friendship, arguing and insulting your ex-friends, saying it publicly ...and try to return to it someday-- (if it happen) --it will be always very different, cause you think you can restore the feelings, but you can't. It's not the same thing.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 08-01-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:53 AM   #64
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) I don't know if anyone caught alter Bridge on Espn for the homerun derby, but as usual Tremonti Kicked ass... I do have one complaint, I like myles, he has a great personality, but man he cannot sing for s#$%. If that were Scott Stapp singing higher that stadium wouldve rocked
Please if you only have negative thoughts about AB and the Creed break up, don't post 'em, man! I love Myles, I think he's a blast! I've been a long time Stapp fan, but I think Myles is a better singer, technically. And to be quite honest I think Stapp've made some stupid mistakes.

And I think Myles did a great job. The sound was awful, that was it. You should come out and see AB on tour, he is such a great guy and awesome singer! I've seen AB once in London and once in Paris. (I'm from Stockholm, Sweden, so yeah, it's a long way to travell, but TOTALLY worth it just to stand there frontrow and see all their shining faces!)

And about the whole reunion thing. Mark said in GuitarOne: "There is no way Creed is getting back together again! Ever! Unless it was for world peace!". It's over, you guys!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor

Last edited by The Lithium : 08-04-2005 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:55 PM   #65
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Please if you only have negative thoughts about AB and the Creed break up, don't post 'em, man! I love Myles, I think he's a blast! I've been a long time Stapp fan, but I think Myles is a better singer, technically. And to be quite honest I think Stapp've made some stupid mistakes.

And I think Myles did a great job. The sound was awful, that was it. You should come out and see AB on tour, he is such a great guy and awesome singer! I've seen AB once in London and once in Paris. (I'm from Stockholm, Sweden, so yeah, it's a long way to travell, but TOTALLY worth it just to stand there frontrow and see all their shining faces!)

And about the whole reunion thing. Mark said in GuitarOne: "There is no way Creed is getting back together again! Ever! Unless it was for world peace!". It's over, you guys!

Lithium,

No harm meant, I was just expressing my opinion, Myles is a great guy but I really dont see how you can compare him to stapp. The only thing they have in common is that they Both sang with the members of alter bridge. Stapps voice is soothing as it is powerful. Myles shrieks like a nasally Chris Cornell, that may have been great in the eighties but we all know that had it not been for Stapp , creed would have never had the success that it had and if that isn't more evident by the fact that noone really cares about alter Bridge, TV doesn't play them, Radio Doesn't..But yet I hear creed on all forms of radio top 20, alternative, classic rock thats right all formats. Honestly there are two sides to every story, maybe Stapp wasn't the only one at fault. Did you ever think maybe he had a breakdown over negative things in his life and it screwed him up, you never know, Brian Marshall is definitely no saint by any means.... I think the world of mark and I have seen alter bridge in concert, he is a great talent. I think a band like creed comes along once in a lifetime , and granted they disintegrated and yeah mark said never again..but Im sure Eddie Van Halen is eating his words somewhere right now too. Who knows, fact is I would love to hear myles sing some of Stapps songs , in reality I cant see him singing higher, Illusion, Torn,ect. As where I know Stapp can sing A Myles Kennedy tune, theres more screaming than singing if you ask me.

Finally When I saw Bridge in concert Myles is fun and all that but like I have said before as an artist, performer, Front man, Stage presence and overall fan approval Stapp wins hands down! Smoke up..lol
Old 08-05-2005, 09:36 PM   #66
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: TV doesn't play them, Radio Doesn't..

Which, by the way, shows they are simply too talented to be digested by the mainstream, including you, apparently. You think being on radio means something? More than anything, it usually means you aren't very GOOD. Creed will not be remembered for very long. They were just another in a long line of bands who came along at the right time with the right sound and got lucky. They didn't change the industry or start anythign new. They got on a bandwagon and rolled with it all the way to the bank.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:10 AM   #67
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Which, by the way, shows they are simply too talented to be digested by the mainstream, including you, apparently. You think being on radio means something? More than anything, it usually means you aren't very GOOD. Creed will not be remembered for very long. They were just another in a long line of bands who came along at the right time with the right sound and got lucky. They didn't change the industry or start anythign new. They got on a bandwagon and rolled with it all the way to the bank.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, thats why opinions are like asshole everyones got one..lol
Old 08-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #68
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
So your "opinion" is that everyone who gets on the radio is good? Oh goodness...
Old 08-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #69
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) So your "opinion" is that everyone who gets on the radio is good? Oh goodness...

I like both bands, one a litlle more than the other. I do not agree that creed was nothing in the way of rock. Actually I can't remember too many cd's like MOP or human clay that you play from start to finish and not get sick of. yeah Weathered was a litle on the side of commercial, but it still had some good tunes, but was nowhere as good as the first two. I have bought so many rock cd's that have one or two good songs and the rest sucked and creed was like a breath of fresh air when they came out. so many bands Staind ,Limp bizkit, linkin park, bit off of creed's ideas its sickening how much stainds lead singer sound like stap when he sings...ughh.Yeah alot of people compare creed and pearl jam, but lets be serious Cred had way more success as a band than pear jam did and sounded nothing like them, mark is a way better guitarist and Stapp wrote way better songs to the point where Pearl jam was making remakes of songs just to sell records and now theyve dissapeared.'

Nowadays I crave listening to a creed or AB song because in my opinon there is noone out there that is better right now. Three doors down is a decent band and have some good songs. Your right modern rock does kinda suck, but I dont think that it creeds fault that evertone wanted to copy their sound and style. I cant think of one good cd that has come close to comparing to MOP or Human Clay recently, all the bands nowadays are one hit wonders...And I have to apoligize, AB is one hell of a band for the time theyve been together, Myles has potential, I just get aggervated when I tell people I like AB and they start laughing because they dont think the singers that good, I dont know...I guess Im confused.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:59 AM   #70
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) I like both bands, one a litlle more than the other. I do not agree that creed was nothing in the way of rock. Actually I can't remember too many cd's like MOP or human clay that you play from start to finish and not get sick of.

You personally, maybe. but msot people could even listen to three songs off of human cly without getting bored. To msot people--including me, these days--they all sound a LOT alike. MOP was decent, though.

Quote: yeah Weathered was a litle on the side of commercial, but it still had some good tunes, but was nowhere as good as the first two.

I still think Weathered was less commercial than HC. Weathered at least had bullets. HC had... nothing, really. What if, MAYBE, but even that was more radio friendly than bullets.

Quote: I have bought so many rock cd's that have one or two good songs and the rest sucked and creed was like a breath of fresh air when they came out.

There is no denying that rock sucks these days. The only difference is, you look at Creed as different from everyone else, I look at them as the same as everyone else.

Quote: so many bands Staind ,Limp bizkit, linkin park, bit off of creed's ideas its sickening how much stainds lead singer sound like stap when he sings...ughh.

Linkin Park bit off Creed? I abhor Linkin Park and wish they would dissappear, but even I would not say they copied off Creed. They sound NOTHING like Creed.

Quote: Yeah alot of people compare creed and pearl jam, but lets be serious Cred had way more success as a band than pear jam did and sounded nothing like them,

There you go again. Equating success with how good someone is. Who has had more success: Creed, or eminem? Holy crud its eminem, I guess he is better than Creed!

Also, denyign the similarites between PJ and Creed is dumb. Also, if it hadn't been for PJ there would never have BEEN A Creed so you better thank them. And its funny how one second you complain about Staind's singer sounding like Stapp, and ignore that Stapp just sound exactly like Eddie Vedder, except that Vedder is slightly more consistant.

Quote: mark is a way better guitarist

Sure as heck didn't show it often in Creed.

Quote: and Stapp wrote way better songs

Stapp only wrote lyrics, which barely count as "songs". Also, Stapp's lyrics were unoriginal and predictable. He is not a great songwriter at all.

Quote: to the point where Pearl jam was making remakes of songs just to sell records and now theyve dissapeared.'

Wow. Before, I thought you didn't know what you were talking about. Now I KNOW you don't know what you are talking about. Pearl Jam could be HUGE, and if they wanted to could hjave had a TON more success than Creed. But unlike Creed, they didn't sell out and go commercial to sell records. They actually *gasp* TRIED to stay out of the mainstream. Ever seen a PJ music vid? They have VERY FEW, and that is not just because they have stagefright.

Quote: Nowadays I crave listening to a creed or AB song because in my opinon there is noone out there that is better right now. Three doors down is a decent band and have some good songs.

You like 3DD too? Well geez.

Quote: Your right modern rock does kinda suck,

Indeed.

Quote: but I dont think that it creeds fault that evertone wanted to copy their sound and style.

Creed jsut copied other's styles. Creed did not invent alternative post-grunge.

Quote: I cant think of one good cd that has come close to comparing to MOP or Human Clay recently,

Foo Fighter's In Your Honor blows anything by Creed or AB out of the water. Audioslave's Out of Exile as well. OOE doesn't avoid all the cliches, but it has some unique stuff on there.

Quote: all the bands nowadays are one hit wonders..

Not exactly. Most bands make one song, get famous off of it, and then make song after song that sounds just like it. *couch* higher *cough*

Quote: And I have to apoligize, AB is one hell of a band for the time theyve been together, Myles has potential,

Myles IS the potential in that band. I have said it before and will again. Myles has more than half the talent in that band.

Quote: I just get aggervated when I tell people I like AB and they start laughing because they dont think the singers that good, I dont know...I guess Im confused.

And I get aggravated when people listen to rap all day long. People. People, people. If someone tells you that Myles is nto a very good singer, tell them to shut up and learn a little about singing. I HIGHLY doubt they know anything about it. Ask them if they have ever taken lessons, i they have ever trained their voice, or in general if they know ANYTHING about singing. THEY DON'T. I have not only dabbled in singing, but know quite a few people very serious about it, and they will all tell you, Myles completely blows away modern rock singers. Just because the stupid mainstream can't handle tenors does not mean they are not good. Myles is amazing.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #71
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: ... so many bands Staind ,Limp bizkit, linkin park, bit off of creed's ideas its sickening how much stainds lead singer sound like stap when he sings
Um, Aaron Lewis sounds nothing like Stapp, not even close

Quote: Yeah alot of people compare creed and pearl jam, but lets be serious Cred had way more success as a band than pear jam did
Um, no. Remember Ten? I just camped out all night for Pearl Jam tix in Philly. The show, probably 18,000 seats, sold out in 12 minutes. And PJ are still together and don't even need an album to go out on tour. Their live shows are incredible. Bands make most of their money from touring and merch sales, so in that respect, PJ far outranks Creed.

Quote: mark is a way better guitarist and Stapp wrote way better songs to the point where Pearl jam was making remakes of songs just to sell records and now theyve dissapeared.'
You obviously haven't listened to enough Pearl Jam to make that assessment. Eddie Vedder is one of the best rock lyricists EVER, IMHO. I love Creed, but Scott can't hold a candle to Eddie's writing. And no, Mark is not a better guitarist than Mike McCready, who never gets enough credit for his talent, not to mention the very capable Stone Gossard. Shredding isn't everything, but if you want to hear some kick-ass shredding, check out November Hotel from Mad Season, McCready's side project with AIC's Layne Staley.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #72
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Um, Aaron Lewis sounds nothing like Stapp, not even close

Um, no. Remember Ten? I just camped out all night for Pearl Jam tix in Philly. The show, probably 18,000 seats, sold out in 12 minutes. And PJ are still together and don't even need an album to go out on tour. Their live shows are incredible. Bands make most of their money from touring and merch sales, so in that respect, PJ far outranks Creed.

You obviously haven't listened to enough Pearl Jam to make that assessment. Eddie Vedder is one of the best rock lyricists EVER, IMHO. I love Creed, but Scott can't hold a candle to Eddie's writing. And no, Mark is not a better guitarist than Mike McCready, who never gets enough credit for his talent, not to mention the very capable Stone Gossard. Shredding isn't everything, but if you want to hear some kick-ass shredding, check out November Hotel from Mad Season, McCready's side project with AIC's Layne Staley.

Tremonti Vs Mcready-
I own every pearl Jam Album and I must tell you listenening to Both Mcraery and Tremonti is cool but I feel that At Marks age and what he has accomplished so far lets me believe that he is the more talented of the two.Both are great guitarists, but Mark just blows me away with the finger picking and shredding, god only knows what hell be doing on the next album.

Secondly,
Scott Stapp vs Eddie Vedder-

Both do have a similar but unidentical sound, maybe on some of his tones.Like I said before I do have and listen to all the pearl jam albums and Im sorry but there was a serious drop off of writing by vedder from their first album to vitalogy...Clearly vitalogy wasnt even that great of a cd to begin with. I feel Stapp is a way better writer, you may feel different. About Vedder Being a better singer, uhhh I dont know, half the time you struggle trying to figure out what the heck he is saying while he sings, as where stapp is smooth and you can understand his every word.

Curious of input by others
Old 08-08-2005, 07:23 PM   #73
titan9
USER INFO »
I'd love to offer some input on the PJ/Creed discussion, but I haven't heard enough PJ to judge them as a band. I know they've probably influenced a lot more people than Creed has, though.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 PM   #74
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Same here, I mean, I dont have enough knowledge of PJ music, even though I do like their songs I know. And about Stapp X Vedder, yes they have some vocal similarities. Not equal, however.Both have good voices and I think that you are right in that.Like you, I prefer Stapp's voice--and of course, in my opinion he's better singer than Vedder. His voice is real smoother compared to Eddie's voice that seems am little "roughy". But I have to admit that the instant that I listened to Creed on radio for the first time I thought it was Pearl Jam--and after this I was still confused about who 's who...

Also about Creed X PJ --I think its easy to realize waht was the most "consistent" band: one is still on the road and the other is dead, guy.

Well, this is my opinion about the two guys, by the way, the last two times this topic came out --I had some "problems" here...lol Not sure about the third one...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 08-09-2005 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 AM   #75
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs) Tremonti Vs Mcready-
I own every pearl Jam Album and I must tell you listenening to Both Mcraery and Tremonti is cool but I feel that At Marks age and what he has accomplished so far lets me believe that he is the more talented of the two.Both are great guitarists, but Mark just blows me away with the finger picking and shredding, god only knows what hell be doing on the next album.

Secondly,
Scott Stapp vs Eddie Vedder-

Both do have a similar but unidentical sound, maybe on some of his tones.Like I said before I do have and listen to all the pearl jam albums and Im sorry but there was a serious drop off of writing by vedder from their first album to vitalogy...Clearly vitalogy wasnt even that great of a cd to begin with. I feel Stapp is a way better writer, you may feel different. About Vedder Being a better singer, uhhh I dont know, half the time you struggle trying to figure out what the heck he is saying while he sings, as where stapp is smooth and you can understand his every word.

Curious of input by others

Never have liked PJ, so I didn't know the name of their guitarist was Mcready...lol. Don't own any of their cd's and the only songs I know are the ones they had on radio. So I'll have to go with Tremonti as the better guitarist.

Stapp and Vedder sound nothing alike to me. I've never gotten the two confused with each other either. Stapps voice is very clear, and the words are sharp, while Vedder sounds like he's singing around a wad of cotton stuck in his throat. All I've ever managed to understand from one song is..."Jeremy's spoken", and that's it...lol. There is a song that I do like though, and it came from a movie (can't remember the name of it) and I think it was called "Man of the Hour".

Not trying to be ugly about PJ, just never have cared for them much. Never have understood the comparision to Creed either. Imo, they sound totally different.