++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-14-2003, 11:56 PM   #1
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sharon Issue ...

I have been reading everyone's posts regarding the way Sharon Osbourne announced Creed's award and I REALLY hate to be like this, but I have to say ... It's driving me crazy!

When I hear how differently everyone interpreted what happened (or in some cases, actually claimed to hear things that didn't happen at all), it makes me realize how distorted stories really become. It proves that you really can not rely on what you hear.

I LOVE Creed and will always defend them ... so believe me, if I thought she was being disrespectful, I would be the FIRST one to say it.

I taped the show and have watched that scene about 20 times! This is exactly what happened ...

Justin gave the intro that was supposed to lead up to Sharon reading the names of the nominees. When he stopped to let her have her turn ... to read the nominees ... she realized that she screwed up and had already opened the envelope. She actually said, "I already opened the envelope ... I know who won." Then, to try to add humor to her mistake (or what she thought was humor), she just tossed the envelope, rolled her eyes and blurted out ... "It's Creed!!!"

Justin looked shocked that she didn't read the nominees and starting laughing [at her]. Then she turned back to the camera and mouthed ... "I'm sorry!" ... again ... because she screwed up.

Justin then announced that Creed wasn't there and that he would personally mail the award to them. That's when Sharon said, "Not!!" Because let's face it ... Justin is obviously not going to personally mail their award to them.

The bottom line is that Sharon screwed up and that was what all the laughing and face-making was all about.

She ABSOLUTELY did not say "NOT!" after saying ... "The best band..." nor was she implying that it was a "no-brainer" that Creed would win (of course, in my mind it WAS a no-brainer)!

I am NO fan of Justin Timberlake (sorry to anyone who is), but I have to admit that for someone who has publically admitted that he does not like Scott Stapp, I think he handled the whole thing very well.

He could have did what Fred Durst did at the Billboard Music awards... but he didn't. Creed was up for an award and Durst made a surprise appearance to give out that award ... knowing that Creed did NOT win. Puddle of Mudd (a band that Durst promoted and got a record deal for) won the award. When he announced the winner, he made sure to get a few digs in about Puddle of Mudd being "REAL" rock. That was CLEARLY a dig at Creed. As soon as I saw him come out, I knew that Creed didn't win because there was NO WAY he would have presented that award if he thought there was any chance that he'd have to give it to Creed.

Justin did not do that. He presented the award and showed no negativety. Again ... he was laughing at Sharon for making a mistake ... a pretty big mistake.

Also, Sharon almost screwed up again because she was ready to walk off the stage and Justin then remembered that he had to announce that Creed wasn't there (another indication that he knew ahead of time that Creed won).

It was all just stupid and a lot of mistakes were made throughout the whole show. This was just another one. The only crime here is not knowing how to present an award. It definitely did not seem that any disrespect was intended.

Sorry this was so long, but I really wanted to clarify this. Everytime I read another false interpretation of this, it drives me crazy.

Now you all might say that perhaps MY interpretation is the false one ... but believe me, I've watched it too many times to feel doubtful of what I saw. I PROMISE ... I will not post on this again. I just had to say this once and for all.

To those that read this to the end ... Thanks!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Anyone know if there is a video clip somewhere out there that everyone could take a look at? I missed the awards and am curious!!

Thanks for your post.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-15-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Re: Sharon Issue ...

Quote: Originally posted by creedlvr
To those that read this to the end ... Thanks!!!

You're welcome!! I haven't seen the awards yet, because it is only being screened here on Sunday. I would hope that she wouldn't do such a thing as look disgusted after reading the winner. I will also watch that scene a few times I'm sure!

Thanks for your interpretation of it.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:45 AM   #4
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Thanks! Let me know what you think after you see it on Sunday.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:47 AM   #5
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedlvr
Thanks!  Let me know what you think after you see it on Sunday.

Will do. I'll post somewhere on one of these threads!
Old 01-15-2003, 06:29 AM   #6
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I think your interpretation is a wonderful one. I know that I took it as more of a NO-BRAINER that Creed one, but I didn't watch it 20 times either so I totally see your point. I definitly didn't think there was any disrespect towards the band. It seems there were A LOT of people that did and I hope the negativity can just stop. Like you said, it's just another award show, they all have their little gliches. Thanks for your info. I appreciate it.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:51 AM   #7
creedfreak2
USER INFO »
Great thoughts on the subject.
________
Corolla e90

Last edited by creedfreak2 : 03-01-2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:54 AM   #8
Kim V.
USER INFO »
I have to apologize for interpreting Sharon's attitude as negativity toward Creed. She does have a strange sense of humor, one that I obviously have a hard time with!! LOL Anyway, I guess she was embarrassed that she opened the envelope too soon, and she just kept messing up because of it. Sorry ..... I guess I was just in defensive mode because Creed takes so much bashing; I need to just sit back and let it go, like I just said in another post. If Creed can do it, then so can I.. PEACE....

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 01-15-2003, 09:14 AM   #9
Creed23
USER INFO »
Im glad its clarified

-Michelle Branch
Old 01-15-2003, 09:27 AM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
hahaha

like Timberlake was a talented musician... he can´t a state an opinion on Stapp (like/dislike him), coz he´s a only a product...
Old 01-15-2003, 10:26 AM   #11
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on my post.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:41 AM   #12
Snortmyster
USER INFO »
Very well stated everyone.
I know I don't post alot, but I do read a lot of the threads, as I've said before opinions are like assholes everybody has one, and everyone is intitled to her/his own opinion. If you want someone to respect your opinion you should respect theirs,
after all individualism is a wonderful thing, and sometimes things are better left unsaid. I'm sure as a child your parents would tell you " if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

This board is here because ( I hope i'm right) Steve wanted to meet other Creed fans,and give them a place to share there opinions, views, to SUPPORT one another or just to bull shit, in a common intrest a band we all like, not as a soap opera.

They call me Mr. Tinker Train
so come along and play my game you'll never be the same

I've got the kind of toys you've never seen manmade and a bit obscene.

Ozzy Osbourne

Check out our indoor and outdoor log furniture and lawn decorations at EVERYTHING WOOD
.com
Old 01-15-2003, 12:03 PM   #13
marlsy
USER INFO »
[quote]Originally posted by Snortmyster
I know I don't post alot, but I do read a lot of the threads, as I've said before opinions are like assholes everybody has one, and everyone is intitled to her/his own opinion. If you want someone to respect your opinion you should respect theirs,
after all individualism is a wonderful thing, and sometimes things are better left unsaid. I'm sure as a child your parents would tell you " if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

I don't post here a whole heck of alot either and I think I will move on to another board where opinions of others are accepted! I was not being NEGATIVE as Hotforscott likes to say, I was upset that Creed did not get the respect they deserved like everyone else did. I saw it happen diff., I do not need to watch it 20 times to see it happen again, I saw what I saw and I wasn't the only one, If you don't like my version of it thats fine, don't go as far as to call it NEGATIVE! Yeah who cares what Sharon thinks I agree, I was upset that Creed didn't get the respect they should of gotten in front of millions of viewers. I've really enjoyed reading the posts on this board and posting here but if people are going to jump down someones throat for not agreeing with how they saw something I can do without that!! You get enough crap from the real world everyday, I don't need it here!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 01:05 PM   #14
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Marlsy, don't give up just yet. I for one have enjoyed your posts. People aren't going to agree all the time. I don't think anyone's jumping down anyone's throat. People saw what they saw, and they are just stating what they saw. It's apparent people saw it differently from one another, and that's OK. I hope you stick around.
Old 01-15-2003, 03:20 PM   #15
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Marsley -- I am not sure if you are directing your anger at me or hotforscott ... but all I can say is that if you re-read your post, I wonder if you will still say that you are not being negative. It seems to me that the only one jumping down anyone's throat here is you.

If your anger is directed at hotforscott...
I think you're being a bit harsh. She was not being nasty by saying people are sometimes negative, she was just stating a fact. And the fact is, that lately there HAS been a lot of negativity ... first with the "C" show and now this. If you don't think that you are negative, then I'm not quite sure why you would take that statement so personally! She didn't point you out ... she just implied "people." She was just stating HER opinion and you've now jumped at her for it ... the same thing you are saying we shouldn't do.

If your anger is directed at me...
Well, I really don't care what you think and I don't appreciate your throwing jabs at me by your "I don't need to watch something 20 times to understand what happened" remark!!! If that's not NEGATIVE, then I don't know what is!! I watched it over and over so that I could be sure of my interpretation of it BEFORE I went shooting my mouth off about it.

There were some things being stated here that were not a matter of opinion ... they were just incorrect. I'm not saying it was done intentionally, but it is easy to misunderstand something when you've only seen it once and weren't prepared for it. When I saw what happened, at first I was like ... "What the hell just happened??" That's why I re-watched it. After reading some things here that I AM SURE did not happen, I felt compelled to clarify. If it was just my opinion, I would have said so. But I wasn't trying to just give my opinion, I was trying to give the facts of exactly what was said on the stage.

What was ACTUALLY said up there is NOT a matter of opinion. How people interpret what was said ... THAT is a matter of opinion. I know what I saw and I DEFINITELY know what I heard! If you re-read my post you will see that after I explained the FACTs (what was actually said), I then gave my OPINION of how I interpreted it. You can choose to believe whatever you want.

My point was ...
Creed has been the target of a lot of insults from the media and non-Creed fans ... perhaps that's why some fans are now on the defensive! I AM A CREED FAN!!! I would NEVER condone anyone publically bashing them ... particularly on an award show where they are being acknowledged for their accomplishments. I was hoping to have people realize that Creed WASN'T being bashed up there. I would think that should have been a POSITIVE thing!! ... I guess "NOT!!"