++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stapp to Write Book (New Interview)

(Thanks to PBF)

I was gonna post this in the press thread but this deserves it's own...new interview with Nate & Murphy:

http://y101.podbean.com/

Another honest interview and he mentions a book that's in the works which should be very interesting. Also no hoarseness (or so it seems)

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »
Re: Stapp to Write Book (New Interview)

thanks for posting i hope it aint a long one no but serius its sounds like a wonderfull acomplish and a killer outlet to stay foucused on if this is acurate and reliable
Old 12-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

That is good stuff! It sounds like he really has changed. I'm glad to hear his relationship with God is much better.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #4
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Yeah, sounds like it will be quite the read. Plus he sounds very happy in this interview and much less horse.

Hooray for Stapp!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #5
nagpo
USER INFO »

"God...God...God" >.> No wonder why people think Creed is christian rock. It's all he talks about.

Never figured Scott as a writer, doing this, I suppose there may not be another solo album. Writing a book takes a lot of time. Will I read it? Day one purchase.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

I love reading about artists that i've followed for years.

I've always wanted to see a behind the music/book written about the members of creed when they were first starting out.

Sometimes it's encouraging to new artists to see where their heroes started.

I remember reading somewhere that stapp was living on a mattress in a run down apartment in tallahassee by himself at one point.

We all know tremo was the best chile's cook in the world.

I personally always wondered what kind of equipment they used before they had the record deal. Obviously when you get the deal the record label shoots you an advance for equipment and such, but i always wondered if tremonti ever played anything besides his 4 Les Pauls through the Triple Rectifier's and Twin Reverbs.

I would love to hear if he ever played with an epiphone through a combo amp. That would make me feel less poor lol.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Icedmofo, you never saw Creed-behind the music??
Old 12-21-2009, 11:36 AM   #8
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

I did see it, what i meant is i want to know more about creed before it was "Creed"

There was no detailed info about where they were just prior to record deal socially, financially, or equipment-wise.

They sort of touched on it for about 5 seconds then talked pretty much entirely about stapp post record deal the rest of the time.

We all know where stapp came from as far as how he was raised, but i want to know how they lived and stuff.

Honestly i just want to feel better about my current financial/equipment situation to hear about where they started.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #9
giglbeka
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Icedmofo) ... i want to know more about creed before it was "Creed".
There was no detailed info about where they were just prior to record deal socially, financially, or equipment-wise.

Yep, I would love to know that as well. Speaking of that, I have just remembered that some time ago I read some short mention about an unauthorized video called Riding The Edge which took a special look at he growth of Creed and was released in 1999. But it was also mentioned thatīs the unofficial release. Anyone else heard about that? Iīm just wondering, maybe we could find out some interesting facts watching that.

And on a side note, is it true that Scott Stappīs origin (besides he is part Cherokee Indian) is part Italian as well?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
00iceman
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) (Thanks to PBF)

I was gonna post this in the press thread but this deserves it's own...new interview with Nate & Murphy:

http://y101.podbean.com/

Another honest interview and he mentions a book that's in the works which should be very interesting. Also no hoarseness (or so it seems)

Great interview. Stand-up guy. Proud to have him as a brother in Christ! Great example to the rest of the rock world that you can make great music while still striving to live a moral, honorable life.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #11
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

You know its possible to live a moral and honorable life without believing in Christ right?

I agree with Nagpo. Calm down on the Jesus talk there buddy. Even the interviewer was like "whats up with this guy?"
Old 12-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

^Um he never said that... he just said he's proud to have Stapp as a brother in Christ which I am as well, chill out. As for Scott speaking about his faith, I'm glad he's able to open up about it now & most importantly he's happy so if he wants to talk about what's helped him through the tough times he certainly can.

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 12-29-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:42 AM   #13
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

He implied it heavilly.
When you're trying to prove your band is not a christian band saying thank god at the end of every sentence kinda defeats that.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #14
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

lol Wow you must be sensitive. Scott can talk about God whenever he wants, a lot of Christians are in secular bands believe it or not.

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 12-30-2009 at 04:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by My Sacrifice) That is good stuff! It sounds like he really has changed. I'm glad to hear his relationship with God is much better.
Guys ya,alls Just The Best Of The BEST OF THE BEST ya know im really busy and dont have time to surf the internet and real links in stuff Thank ya,s For Sparing Me The The Time Most Precious To Give Your Thoughts And Opions On The Interview and now my 2 cents if the public knows and fans that stapp is now wrting book i for one think to many interviews talking about the book would disturb the foucus of his book thats just my opion because once one go overs something so much its hard to Acomplish That certian Area I believe your trying to foucus on