++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-17-2004, 09:57 PM   #46
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
with Alice I have found Facelift the hardest to get into, IMO that is their weakest album! *prepares to take cover from Kerri's bullets* Dirt and Jar of Flies are far superior in my humble opinion. In fact I prefer Boggy Depot to Facelift.

Anyhow back to Creed, musically HC has a bit of a samness in those middle songs such as Say I, Wrong Way and I do love it but Faceless Man and also Never Die. I love Weathered because it goes from that really heavy stuff, to the tribal Zeppelin like WGMB to the "epics" and then towards the really light stuff. With all due respect the lyrics are probably weaker because Scott wrote less lyrics then every before. A bigger reason though I think is even though the lyrics are fairly dark, life had to be better then ever. How can you write MOP style lyrics when you are living in a nice gated community of Orlando, with a cleaner, cook, your best friends are in the local baseball and NFL teams etc:

I do think Scott's lyrics this time around will be darker, more intropsective and a little more challenging. I am curious to see what Mark comes up with.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:24 PM   #47
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, you don't have to be miserable to write really good lyrics. Beauty and life can inspire some awesome stuff. Look at WAWO, a beautiful ballad to his child. I just think the writing suffered some in Weathered. It felt forced.

BTW, I agree with you about Facelift. I love it, but it's clear that Alice developed its signature sound with Dirt, which is my favorite.
Old 04-17-2004, 10:32 PM   #48
RMadd
USER INFO »
Sister the weakest song on the album? how so? IMO, In America and Illusion are the weakest songs on the album. like you said, not terrible songs, but the weakest nonetheless. and i do love Bound & Tied, it's awesome, wicked hardcore!

Old 04-17-2004, 10:34 PM   #49
RMadd
USER INFO »
also, Never Die is probably my least favorite off HC. I really like the part where the lyrics begin "don't let go of that youthful soul despite body and mind my youth will never die" (or something like that... that's just from memory while listening to Lil Jon's "Get Low")

Old 04-17-2004, 10:56 PM   #50
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
but unless you are a baby-popping machine how many WAWO's can you write? I agree with you that the lyrics in Weathered weren't as good (some exceptions such as WGMB, Weathered, One Last Breath etc but musically I really like it. In America is a very good song, the drumming is cool and lyrics are very good.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:00 PM   #51
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
WOW, Illusion is one of my all-time fave Creed songs. It's really wild to see what hits people the most. I absolutely love the bass in that song along with the guitar intro...it's such a mood-setter!

LMAO @ baby-popping machine!!
Old 04-17-2004, 11:05 PM   #52
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) but unless you are a baby-popping machine how many WAWO's can you write? I agree with you that the lyrics in Weathered weren't as good (some exceptions such as WGMB, Weathered, One Last Breath etc but musically I really like it. In America is a very good song, the drumming is cool and lyrics are very good.

WGMB lyrics weren't that good. They didn't have meaning and were pretty much repetitive. OLB had good lyrics. Weathered's lyrics were just catchy, which is a good thing.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:13 PM   #53
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I think WGMB had a lot of meaning. Sometimes, there is just as much beauty in simplicity as there is in complexity.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:36 PM   #54
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Thanks Dogstar I'm still here lurking around.
Old 04-17-2004, 11:44 PM   #55
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN) Thanks Dogstar I'm still here lurking around.
You should post more...we miss ya!
Old 04-18-2004, 02:32 AM   #56
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I think WGMB had a lot of meaning. Sometimes, there is just as much beauty in simplicity as there is in complexity.

i agree there is a lot of beauty and meaning in the lyrics, you can read a lot into them. You can see it as fairly superfical or read a bit more into them. Illusion is fantastic, great bass lines and in that solo can you feel the sex in that guitar?
Old 04-18-2004, 02:48 AM   #57
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) WOW, Illusion is one of my all-time fave Creed songs. It's really wild to see what hits people the most. I absolutely love the bass in that song along with the guitar intro...it's such a mood-setter!!
as we can see, everyone has their own opinions about the songs. some may say Sister wansnt good, some say it was. some say illusion wasnt good, some say it was. thats the beauty of this music, it lets you choose whatever for yourself.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 04-18-2004, 02:54 AM   #58
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, that's what I was saying before, that it's cool how the different songs hit people .
Old 04-18-2004, 04:58 AM   #59
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
about WGMB these lyrics while quite simple are powerful IMO

Who’s got my back now?
When all we have left is deceptive
So disconnected
So what is the truth now?

There’s still time
All that has been devastated
Can be recreated
Realize
We pick up the broken pieces
Of our lives
Giving ourselves to each other…
ourselves to each other
To rest our head on
To rest our head on
To rest our head on

you have a disconnected society, people not connected in the political process, families who have broken apart due to divorce and seperation, society at general is not connected and the like. However its not too late to change the direction society is going and society has to realize where it is going and its not too late to fix it.

Anyhow we go on with our broken lives and each generation keeps making the same mistakes as the previous one. "all that has being devestated can be recreated" speaks of both the obvious environmental concerns and society at large. that is what i get from these lyrics anyway.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:53 PM   #60
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, that's how I see that song, too, hide. Many situations could fit the lyrics.