++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #31
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: AB III leaked

I think we can have this argument over and over again. Some people will love the album, others are going to hate it. I think the album is a grower if your a fan-boy, if not most will say its not bad, but not great. I want to see Mark be successful more than anything because he is just too damn talented to waste his career. I also became a fan of AB's because I was pissed about the breakup, Stapp's Douche-bagery and felt Creed went commercial at the end. AB was a great side project to develop their musical skills but at the same time robbed Creed of its identity. After three records, Three Record companies and Three attempts it hasn't changed a thing. I agree that its time to close down AB, focus on Creed, get into a grove with one band instead of struggling with two.

Last edited by Tremontiriffs77 : 10-03-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:00 PM   #32
Inspired
USER INFO »

Creed and Alter Bridge sound so similar I really don't get the point of both of them existing now. It's the same radio friendly rock with some heavy songs and riffs mixed in. AB is not all that much more experimental as Tremonti claims. If they are going to put all this time and energy into having a separate band why not do something totally different and take some risks. Tremonti is a very versatile player, when will we ever get to hear all that he can really do?
Old 10-03-2010, 05:42 PM   #33
RangerJim
USER INFO »

I'm all in favour of Alter Bridge continuing but there will be points like these that will happen alot if Mark, Brian & Flip go back & forth between AB & Creed. To make matters more frustrating, Myles will want to do his own stuff and Mark has his own solo stuff for eventual release...so I guess what I'm really saying is something will have to give, either Creed or AB. Love them both but this has got to be such a pain and if not now it may be in the future. Full Circle broke some new ground for Creed. It surprised the many doubters as it was heavier than the older albums, and it's what you would expect with the same Guitarist in both similar sounding bands. But the music "fan" masses(even the one's whom are knowledgeable about music) still see Creed as Nickelback, which I don't get and it's a total insult. Anyways...AB III is superb but I still find myself thinking this is a Creed album because if you took out Myles, this album would have a different feel, vibe and different lyrics of course, it would have been a continuation of Creed's evolution. AB is going in circles...they've come full circle...supposed to be humorous.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #34
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremontiriffs77) its time to close down AB, focus on Creed, get into a grove with one band instead of struggling with two.
lol, total crazy talk.

Stapp sucks so bad now. How could anyone say this with a straight face?? 1/3 of Full Circle was complete garbage. The worst of AB III could be called mediocre.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #35
nagpo
USER INFO »

I'm not going to clusterfuck the thread with "Durr stapp sucks and myles is better" and vice-versa type talk. But here is what I thought of the album:

I just listened through my first play through...and well my first impressions are.....this album was terrible. The song writing was all over the place. None of the songs were very interesting. I feel like Tremonti and Kennedy need to go to a song writing class. I mean...For musicians that have been around for so many years and have had a high degree of success in some standard, this coming out of them now is pretty mediocre. The two songs released before the album was, Words Darker than their wings and Isolation, are the only good songs on the album.

I mean, what were they thinking when they wrote this stuff. Have they completely lost their minds? This is abysmal.

Even Full Circle was better than this. BlackBird and ODR are better than this. The three previous creed albums are better than this. Musically, this just doesn't make any sense, this album.

What. The. Hell. Happened?
Old 10-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #36
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) I'm all in favour of Alter Bridge continuing but there will be points like these that will happen alot if Mark, Brian & Flip go back & forth between AB & Creed. To make matters more frustrating, Myles will want to do his own stuff and Mark has his own solo stuff for eventual release...so I guess what I'm really saying is something will have to give, either Creed or AB. Love them both but this has got to be such a pain and if not now it may be in the future. Full Circle broke some new ground for Creed. It surprised the many doubters as it was heavier than the older albums, and it's what you would expect with the same Guitarist in both similar sounding bands. But the music "fan" masses(even the one's whom are knowledgeable about music) still see Creed as Nickelback, which I don't get and it's a total insult. Anyways...AB III is superb but I still find myself thinking this is a Creed album because if you took out Myles, this album would have a different feel, vibe and different lyrics of course, it would have been a continuation of Creed's evolution. AB is going in circles...they've come full circle...supposed to be humorous.
I'm the opposite of you on this matter. I think Full Circle was a much better album. And if two bands is too much to handle and we have to give one up, I'd say give up AB. Why? Creed has a legacy. For better or for worse, Creed has a name for itself in the industry. And the reunion album was pretty decent. AB has no such name. Nobody, other than their fans, cares about or even knows about AB. Just my 2cents.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:50 AM   #37
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I'm the opposite of you on this matter. I think Full Circle was a much better album. And if two bands is too much to handle and we have to give one up, I'd say give up AB. Why? Creed has a legacy. For better or for worse, Creed has a name for itself in the industry. And the reunion album was pretty decent. AB has no such name. Nobody, other than their fans, cares about or even knows about AB. Just my 2cents.

I wasn't disagreeing on the fact that the guys should concentrate on Creed, because I do believe they should continue on with Creed. Full Circle is one of my favourite records and it was a breath of fresh air with Mark's acoustic intro's, bridge's and outro's. AB III is really good as well but mainly for the Mark's riffs, Brian's deep heavy bass and Flip's quick twitch drumming. Too bad Scott Stapp didn't record on this album but Creed CAN do better, so I'm hopeful about Creed's next album.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #38
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I'm not going to clusterfuck the thread with "Durr stapp sucks and myles is better" and vice-versa type talk. But here is what I thought of the album:

I just listened through my first play through...and well my first impressions are.....this album was terrible. The song writing was all over the place. None of the songs were very interesting. I feel like Tremonti and Kennedy need to go to a song writing class. I mean...For musicians that have been around for so many years and have had a high degree of success in some standard, this coming out of them now is pretty mediocre. The two songs released before the album was, Words Darker than their wings and Isolation, are the only good songs on the album.

I mean, what were they thinking when they wrote this stuff. Have they completely lost their minds? This is abysmal.

Even Full Circle was better than this. BlackBird and ODR are better than this. The three previous creed albums are better than this. Musically, this just doesn't make any sense, this album.

What. The. Hell. Happened?

The album is pretty bad. Isolation and WDTTW are AMAZING. but ALL of the other songs aren't very good at all. It will grow on me i'm sure. But i love WDTTW and Isolation on the first listen. None of the songs are very catchy. Also, we were told this album would be dark and heavy. It is neither.

Go the TABN forum and there is a poll for responses and a great deal of people have this album at a 4-5. Litterally like 20% of voters chose "Utter Perfection". I'd ask them to explain how that is. But I don't feel like smelling Tremo's balls right now. I'll wait untilo some of them brush their teeth.

Last edited by Buried And Gone : 10-04-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #39
Buried And Gone
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) I wasn't disagreeing on the fact that the guys should concentrate on Creed, because I do believe they should continue on with Creed. Full Circle is one of my favourite records and it was a breath of fresh air with Mark's acoustic intro's, bridge's and outro's. AB III is really good as well but mainly for the Mark's riffs, Brian's deep heavy bass and Flip's quick twitch drumming. Too bad Scott Stapp didn't record on this album but Creed CAN do better, so I'm hopeful about Creed's next album.

Scott Stapp of 2000 maybe. The Scott Stapp of today can't do anything to help this album. I don't think Freddie Murcurey could save this album, even if he dawned rainbow shorts.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #40
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

I think this album grows on you after a few listens..I was just dissapointed the direction they went with this. If things continue to go this way I wish they would bring Myles into the fold in Creed as a guitarist. I think they would be able to create some sick music together..No knock on erock but If I were drafting a fantasy rock band Myles would be the man to compliment Tremonti..Imagine the lyrics and sound they could create together..I really think the album is a wake up call to the guys that they need a change..Why put all this time into something that clearly isnt working..
Old 10-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #41
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Scott Stapp of 2000 maybe. The Scott Stapp of today can't do anything to help this album. I don't think Freddie Murcurey could save this album, even if he dawned rainbow shorts.
Not Freds Division, As Of Right Now, But Later On Will Enter Thats Freddie Mercury, Here We Are, My Friends, THE CHAMPIONS OF THE UNIVERSE, Freddie Past THE, Test The First Time, alot of us our drawn to many to pass the first one, I Have FAITH IN YA,s ........ its hard to forget the band, That WROTE, Ranger JIM Dude, That Wrote Just Close Your Eyes, And Imagine EVERYTHINGS ALRIGHT, The WORD, CREED, is a word that has a defintion , of tribes but to round a short Meaning Or Context, IT DOES, MEAN LONG, Patients And Streneth Will Overtake All Fears, love all the misconceptions, everytime, i look at ya,s gotta pull out The Webster... i,ve learned so much through the years from ya,s......thats the truth so help me lord, PEACE BE WITH US,
Old 10-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #42
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »

TrulyAmaizing needs to be banned. He's poisoning all threads with sick nonsense.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #43
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) TrulyAmaizing needs to be banned. He's poisoning all threads with sick nonsense.

I know that it's a "she" and am starting to wonder how long the insane asylum employees let her stay on the computer...I for one really enjoy AB III. As I said before, Mark's riffs are superb. Either way both bands complete my world, after my wife of course.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #44
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Buried And Gone) Go the TABN forum and there is a poll for responses and a great deal of people have this album at a 4-5. Litterally like 20% of voters chose "Utter Perfection". I'd ask them to explain how that is. But I don't feel like smelling Tremo's balls right now. I'll wait untilo some of them brush their teeth.
I know what you mean. But what do you expect, you go to a forum that holds the most die hard AB fans and expect them not to be like that? The great thing about CreedFeed, is that whether its a Creed album or AB album, at first, most of us all hate it. lol.

I listened to it a second time today, it was a little better. But man, it just cant hold my attention.

Last edited by nagpo : 10-04-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:47 PM   #45
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RangerJim) I know that it's a "she" and am starting to wonder how long the insane asylum employees let her stay on the computer...
I actually do believe she is in some sort of mental asylum. I'm kinda curious as to why she has not been banned myself. I know she has friends on this site, I wanna know how they understand her posts.