++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-05-2003, 12:25 PM   #1
creedqueen
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Taylor News - New 7/19

Some of you may be familiar with this story, as it is posted at CreedPit and other Creed MB's. It is the story of Taylor Adkins, a very young Creed fan from Virginia, who is very ill and needs our support. Taylor first fell ill in December, 2000, and has since been diagnosed with a Gliomas Grade 4 brain tumor. Taylor and her family have endured much pain, suffering and dissapointment thrrough this ordeal; and as recently as last week, Taylor's family was informed that the tumor is growing and Taylor's condition is rapidly deteriorating. Taylor and her family have already recieved many prayers, and much love and support from Creed fans everywhere; but while they sincerely appreciate it, they would certainly welcome more at this time. You can, and hopefully will show Taylor and her family your love and support in a few ways.
Along with the prayers that Taylor and her family so desperately need, You can send a cheery message to Taylor's dreambook at:

http://books.dreambook.com/mcapone/mcapone.html

Cards and greetings can also be sent to Taylor at:

Taylor Adkins
1032 Whippingham Parkway
Carrrollton, VA 23314

And as Taylor's situation has generated many medical bills, a medical fund was recently started by some of Taylor's family and Creed Buddies. Donations to the fund can be sent to:

Bank Of America
c/o Taylor Adkins Medical Fund
223 Fox Hill Rd.
Hampton, VA 23669
Acct. #004129201948

*Taylor also has a website you can visit; however it is down at the moment, and is expected to be up again in the next week or so. The address there is http://amiraclefortaylor.com, where you will find links, updates and much more about Taylor and her story. I will also post any updates recieved, as they become available.

Please send your prayers, love and support to Taylor and her family, in any way possible.

Thanks,
Mary

7/17 - Breaking News!
Hi All!
I just thought I'd let you know, that I just received this news about Taylor a few minutes ago:

"The cornea on her left eye ruptured sometime this afternoon and she has been re-admitted to the Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughter._ The hospital was hoping to locate cornea so that they could perform surgery to replace hers.__ We have not received any other information on her condition._ Please continue to keep her and her family in your prayers."

PLEASE SAY A SPECIAL PRAYER, FOR TAYLOR AND HER FAMILY, TONIGHT!

Thanks!
Mary
Old 07-05-2003, 01:21 PM   #2
JenRN
USER INFO »
I signed her dreambook many months ago, I am so sorry to hear about her condition! Wouldn't it be awesome if she could meet the band or even just one of them? I feel so bad for her and her family! She is here in virginia wow, isn't she in Norfolk? I live about 2 hours from there!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 07-05-2003, 01:44 PM   #3
hotforscott
USER INFO »
I remember signing the dreambook as well. It is horrible that she has fallen ill. I wish she could meet the band as well. Hopefully she will get her wish.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I will definitely say some prayers for Taylor and her family. I'm so sorry to hear about her condition. That's so sad. I am going to sign her dreambook as soon as I post this message. It would be so wonderful if she could meet Creed. I really hope she does.

Relearn Love
Old 07-05-2003, 08:50 PM   #5
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
I signed it and I'll be praying for her.

Sheila - I hadn't realized you wrote rock on too, like I just did, but since it's what Stapp uses when he signs his autograph...

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 07-05-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Well, I decided that would be a great way to end my message to Taylor. I wanted to leave her with a positive, upbeat message and I thought "Rock On" would be appropriate. Great minds think alike!

Relearn Love
Old 07-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #7
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
This is such a sad story It really breaks my heart I will definitely pray for the family!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 07-06-2003, 12:32 AM   #8
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
I just signed her dreambook and yes it would be so great if she could meet the band. That would make her day!

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 07-06-2003, 11:06 AM   #9
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Just signed it and keeping Taylor and her family in my prayers.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 07-06-2003, 11:55 AM   #10
Aimee
USER INFO »
*bows her head*
It's so sad when children fall ill like Taylor. I lost a girlfriend of mine to leukemia when she was 14. To see another friend of mine go into remission and beat the cancer in 3rd grade reminded me that God does listen to our prayers. I pray that Taylor's suffering is diminished and that God will fill her little body with healing light.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:11 PM   #11
creedqueen
USER INFO »
Hello again everybody!
Thanks so much for your messages of prayer and support for Taylor. I haven't heard anything more at this point; so hopefully, no news is good news. One of my Creed buddies, from another board, has a direct Creed connection; so we have contacted them, and are awaiting word from them. They were previously contacted about Taylor, awhile back by a Norfolk radio station. They sent her some pretty cool stuff at that time; so hopefully they will come through again, with even just a very special gift. I will keep you all posted on that note, as well as on any new news about Taylor. Thank again, so much.

Rock On CreedPeeps!
Mary
Old 07-15-2003, 12:41 PM   #12
Rain
USER INFO »
Bumping this back to the top for Taylor..

Why bleed for the wicked..If the wicked dont bleed for me..
Got to stand up Psych myself up..That's the way it's gonna be.

Old 07-19-2003, 08:27 AM   #13
creedqueen
USER INFO »
Taylor News - 7/19

Good Morning Everyone!
Taylor's stepmom emailed me late last night, after a long day at the hospital, and confirmed that Taylor came through the surgery fine. She said the only pain Taylor was having, which was quite a bit, was in one of her legs. Taylor has apparently had this pain for about ten days, and they are not sure what it is. Taylor thinks it may be from the steroids she's been on, and her family is only hoping it's something that simple. They have Taylor on pain meds, to keep her comfortable; but if the pain doesn't subside or go away soon, they may have to do an MRI. Let's hope that it's nothing serious!
The doctors would like to keep Taylor in the hospital until Monday; but Taylor has other ideas. Her Poker Run benefit is tomorrow, and she would like to be there; so the doctors are debating.
I don't expect to hear or know anymore until after the weekend, since Taylor's family will be busy with Taylor and the Poker Run; but as soon as I get any updates, I will let you all know.

You can also find updates at Taylor's website, amiraclefortaylor.com; and maybe drop a cheery note at her dreambook, while you are there.

Thanks,
Mary
Old 07-19-2003, 10:58 AM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thanks for the upadate on Taylor, Mary. I still have her in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-20-2003, 09:26 AM   #15
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Thanks so much for keeping us updated on Taylor. She and her family will continue to be in my prayers. I hope the pain in her leg gets better too.

Relearn Love