++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 06:45 PM   #16
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"Can't we all just get along"? (sorry, had to say it..)

I think both parties should move on, I LOVE Stapp and AB, Creed has broken up, and they should move on with their careers and just be HAPPY..
Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by HigherGirl) "Can't we all just get along"? (sorry, had to say it..)

I think both parties should move on, I LOVE Stapp and AB, Creed has broken up, and they should move on with their careers and just be HAPPY..

Exactly!

Oh, I forgot about Kerrang being the anti-Stapp, anti-Creed people. Kinda shocking AB would do an interview with them, huh?

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #18
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I know. Hasn't he said before that the last time he spoke to Stapp was February of 2004? Or was that Stapp saying it.
It was Mark. Mark made that comment after Scott said he has spoken to them since the break-up. Mark said the last time they spoke was in February (of 2004). So I don't know how he now claims he didn't speak to him since Oct. 2003. The story has changed yet again.

Also note that Mark said he didn't write a song with Scott for the 5 years before writing for Weathered. Well, that would mean that they didn't write a song together since 1996 (considering Weathered was written in early 2001). I don't understand how that can be considering WAWO was written in the Spring of 1998. This is just one example of the discrepancies in this article. There are a number of things that do not add up.

I am not saying that Scott was never at fault and he was the perfect angel. He wasn't. He has admitted himself that he did things he never should have. Here - another quote from Scott (he is talking about Jagger):
Quote: And, I tell ya, it’s the best thing that ever happened to me and probably one of the only reasons I’m alive right now; because I was on a path of making stupid mistakes and self-destructiveness and...You know, sometimes I wonder if I wouldn’t have been so fortunate to be alive if he wasn’t born. It really shapes you up.
Quote: HM Mag: Well, how does it feel from being the number one best-selling rock band in the world to kind of being a punching bag in the alternative music press?

Well, I don’t live my life based on other people’s opinion.

And nobody can take away my achievements and what I’ve accomplished, and no one can take away my fans, and all the positivity that they’ve shown us and given us.
You’ve just gotta be who you are. If being in Creed wasn’t cool, I’ll be uncool for the rest of my life.

You can see the full article here: HM Magazine interview

I just don't see the point for Mark and the others to keep bringing up the past. Scott went to hell and back. He is trying to rebuild his life. Let him.

Titan I am impressed with your posts and appreciate the fact that you have not been drawn into all the negativity regarding Scott. You are right in pointing out that Scott has not publicly said a negative word about his ex-bandmates. In EVERY radio interview he did in October he spoke glowingly of Mark. You can find audio for all these interviews at PBF.

Here is a quote directly from Scott:
Quote: "I'm not about to air my family laundry and be negative about people I love and have shared so many experiences and memories with."
You can find the full article that quote was from here: Scott Stapp interview

Last edited by Shadow : 01-20-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:54 PM   #19
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
You go Robyn. I agree with you, as usual. And titian9, I want to say that one, you rock, and two, you are defenately not alone in being tired of the Stapp bashing, or however some of you here would rather embelish it.
The sad thing is, I liked Alter Bridge's music. Well, atleast until some certain brother of some certain band member started posting some things he really shouldn't have, the things that mainly Mark and Flip have been saying, somewhat Brian but not as bad. I don't beleive I've even heard Myles say much of anything. Maybe because the media and some people and "fans" can't get away from the dirt to dig up from Creed. You know, I really just wish the ex-creed members would just shut up about the breakup, and let Myles do all the talking for AB since so far he doesn't have crap to say about people, but he really hasn't said much at all, and let Stapp just worry about his solo, and I guess the GH, since no one else bothers to support it. Apparently he's doing a pretty good job, concidering how well it's done.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #20
Soundslave
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) The sad thing is, I liked Alter Bridge's music. Well, atleast until some certain brother of some certain band member started posting some things he really shouldn't have, the things that mainly Mark and Flip have been saying, somewhat Brian but not as bad.

Lately AB has been speaking out about the breakup. They've been saying a lot of negative things about Stapp. What is true, and what is fiction, we will never know. But I just don't see how you can stop liking a band's music just because of things they have said.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #21
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by mattr652) Lately AB has been speaking out about the breakup. They've been saying a lot of negative things about Stapp. What is true, and what is fiction, we will never know. But I just don't see how you can stop liking a band's music just because of things they have said.

You know, I'm sorry. I did phrase that wrong. What was meant by that is, I did like their music, I still do like the music, but what they have said, and closely related people to the members have said has really hurt me. I do not respect them as human beings at all. It is impossible for me to have read all this hate, and understand all this hate that they have towards, it seems to me, what Creed was, and especially one of the main factors of Creed. You can say, well, you really don't know Scott, or whatever, but you know, there's just something about him that makes me know he's not some stuck up idiot that doesn't give a freaking crap about anyone else, as they seem to imply. I truly beleive he is a great person, a great dad, a great role model, and a great musician. There are still those things about him I see that are faults, but good greif, he's not Jesus! Since you can probably answer this, what kind of role models would you concider Alter Bridge to be?
To me, it just is not real when a person listens to someone's music, but can't agree or relate with the lyricist. I really can not relate with them because I do not want to be like them. I am truly dissapointed in them.

Oh yeah, I kinda have been noticing that AB has been talking about the breakup and very aware of how negativly they treat Scott. If I had not been aware of that, I would not have posted.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp

Last edited by Creed_Defaultgirl : 01-20-2005 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:27 PM   #22
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) It was Mark. Mark made that comment after Scott said he has spoken to them since the break-up. Mark said the last time they spoke was in February (of 2004). So I don't know how he now claims he didn't speak to him since Oct. 2003. The story has changed yet again.

Yeah, I figured he was the one who said it. Thanks for the confirmation.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Also note that Mark said he didn't write a song with Scott for the 5 years before writing for Weathered. Well, that would mean that they didn't write a song together since 1996 (considering Weathered was written in early 2001). I don't understand how that can be considering WAWO was written in the Spring of 1998.

That's true. I don't believe it when Mark says they hadn't written a song in five years prior to Weathered. Doesn't add up, and I question the truth of that.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I am not saying that Scott was never at fault and he was the perfect angel. He wasn't. He has admitted himself that he did things he never should have.

It seems like people always dwell on the negative stuff Scott's done. The Stapp fans are, it seems, constantly accused of putting him on a pedastal. That's not really the truth.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Titan I am impressed with your posts and appreciate the fact that you have not been drawn into all the negativity regarding Scott. You are right in pointing out that Scott has not publicly said a negative word about his ex-bandmates. In EVERY radio interview he did in October he spoke glowingly of Mark. You can find audio for all these interviews at PBF.

Thanks for the complement! It's true, it seems like alot have been drawn into the negativity concerning Stapp. I choose to ignore that stuff and just appreciate the music. But I just don't believe Stapp is this awful person everyone makes him out to be. I hate seeing all this negativity, all this division. Everyone really ought to just focus on the music....

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_defaultgirl) And titian9, I want to say that one, you rock, and two, you are defenately not alone in being tired of the Stapp bashing, or however some of you here would rather embelish it.

Yeah, I know I'm not alone in being tired of it. I just hope it ends soon.

And, by the way, it's good to see you two(Shadow and Creed_defaultgirl) back. I thought you left after all the Stapp bashing that has taken place on here in the last few months.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 01-20-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:43 PM   #23
Alter Shredder
USER INFO »
sorry amber i misspoke. the anti-stapp, the anti-creed center of the world...thats what i meant
Old 01-20-2005, 11:13 PM   #24
shiver
USER INFO »
Its been like 10 minutes since I finished reading the interview, but I recall that Mark stated he decided in october 2003 that Creed was done, he didn't state that he hadn't spoke to stapp since 10/03. Also we know that creed was in the studio in January, right? Anyway, right now I am starting to see stapp as the person I always thought he was. It's amazing that I first heard Creed and thought they rocked, still do. But there was always something about stapp. I think the silence from stapp, and him saying he isn't gonna talk about the dirty laundry is like when you get in an argument with someone, and then say, well I'm gonna be the bigger person and not argue, when really your just trying to get in the last word. I also don't like people one month claim that they are Christians and then almost seem to mock Christianity the next. My own personal issue though.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:27 PM   #25
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Who the hell cares? I don't see why this always has to be talked about, noone will change the other sides view. (Talking to everybody)
Old 01-20-2005, 11:44 PM   #26
shiver
USER INFO »
Oh, but see its like fans from rival teams getting together and arguing over which team is better. On one hand we have AB fans, and on the other we have stapp's fans. And I say my team is better than yours! So eat it!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:12 AM   #27
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Who the hell cares? I don't see why this always has to be talked about, noone will change the other sides view. (Talking to everybody)

This is very true.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:15 AM   #28
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) Oh, but see its like fans from rival teams getting together and arguing over which team is better. On one hand we have AB fans, and on the other we have stapp's fans. And I say my team is better than yours! So eat it!

It doesn't prove anything.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:48 AM   #29
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Well, I tend to think of it like this. Who did the other 2 members of creed rally around, Mark. Take that how you will, but don't you think they would have some loose ends to tie up with scott if it were tremonti's fault, or the things that tremonti said arent true? I always liked stapp, but i always thought there was some other agenda to him besides what he shows to the public. Hell, don't you think at least Bret Hestla would have stayed closer to stapp, where's his story? I would love to hear an unbias approach to the inside of creed. And i think Hestla would be a great person to interview. Stapp is going to tell you one thing, tremonti is going to tell you another, its the way music works, they are competing for popularity. I, on one had, tend to believe tremonti, i got to meet him and the other members of alter bridge, and they seemed like genuine, humble people. I never met stapp, but the only time i saw him live, he was acting like an asshole, in my eyes anyway. I walked away from that concert really not remembering anything noteworthy except that stapp swore a lot, and i got to stand right in front of tremonti. I'm not saying i think stapp is a bad person, maybe things are blown out of proportion. But, at the same time, dont you think that phillips and hestla would have at least stayed with stapp? Why would Tea Party get rid of stapp, he was their damn ticket to the big show! It all leads back to something weird on stapps part, but i'll stop here because im not taking heat for stapp bashing anymore.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:51 AM   #30
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter Shredder) sorry amber i misspoke. the anti-stapp, the anti-creed center of the world...thats what i meant
lol, uh huh...
thats right
i mean....i dont know....lol

Dek, I love you......

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Closed Thread