++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #16
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: You know what...nevermind...it's just not worth it.

Exactly, Frankie...it will never matter what stapp does, or what information comes out about his project, specific or non-specific. if people really are interested, they will find their way to a more condusive environment.

This is an Alter Bridge board, the only reason this forum is here, as far as i can tell is to make it APPEAR that equal time is being given, or for those FEW that have the ability to enjoy the possibilities of BOTH stapp and Alter Bridge.....

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #17
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) This is an Alter Bridge board, the only reason this forum is here, as far as i can tell is to make it APPEAR that equal time is being given, or for those FEW that have the ability to enjoy the possibilities of BOTH stapp and Alter Bridge.....
Wow, what a statement. If Stapp ever produces anything for us to talk about, other than statements from his buddies, maybe there would be more talk in the Stapp forum.

As for Michael, there are many of us who've actually MET and TALKED with the man regarding the things AB are and will be doing. Who among us has met Kiki and can vouch for his word?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 03-06-2005, 07:41 PM   #18
James_T
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to James_T Send a message via Yahoo to James_T
I could care less about the details of all the matters, i'm just gonna repeat what is on everyone else's mind too, Scott Stapp NEEDS to come out with something soon. Not for the fact that he will lose any fans, but he is just a great singer, and i'm ready for some new stuff. Rock On Scotty!!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 02:02 AM   #19
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Wow, what a statement. If Stapp ever produces anything for us to talk about, other than statements from his buddies, maybe there would be more talk in the Stapp forum.

As for Michael, there are many of us who've actually MET and TALKED with the man regarding the things AB are and will be doing. Who among us has met Kiki and can vouch for his word?

Oh but there has been something that Stapp has produced, and they were talked about. Funny thing is...those threads were closed. Locked down because NOTHING that Stapp ever does is talked about here in a positive fashion. In fact, the 3 pages of threads in this forum, 5 of them are locked. They started out ok, but they all turned to crap within hours of being posted.

There are more threads here asking about "when oh when", "where is Stapp", "how much longer" "I'm getting tired of waiting", "what's the word on Stapp and his cd". Well, you got your info...and lo freakin behold, it's not good enough. In fact, because Kiki didn't pass that info along to someone in person....it's patronizing and a lie??????? Is that what your trying to say???

If he's lost you as fan because he didn't come out with the music you've been waiting for...when YOU want it, then he's just lost you as a fan. But damn, to come out here and just rip every thread to hell and back everytime some info (ANY info) is posted is almost like it's being done on purpose.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #20
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I know that as someone who does not like Stapp very much (/understatement), yet is still interested in what he could put out thanks to his work in Creed, he is definitely losing my interest.

So you can say, "what does that matter, you hate Stapp anyway", but in truth, ANYONE who is not a die-hard Scott Fan has to be annoyed. I certainly couldn't care less about his album now, and I know a few people who were actually looking FORWARD to it who now don't even know when its scheduled to come out, because they have lost all interest.

Stapp apparently thinks he has a huge undying fanbase that will stay with him no matter what. Contrary to semi-popular belief, this isn't TRUE. Not only does he have a very LIMITED fanbase, but the more popular Alter Bridge gets, it seems the more people forget about Stapp. A few of my creed-loving friends were equally excited about AB and Stapp and now they have almost forgotten about him because while AB tours the world, Stapp is *seemingly* sitting on his butt doing nothing.

NO ONE that didn't like Creed liked Scott Stapp. NO ONE. So basically, his fanbase AS OF NOW comes entirely from Creed fans, and it isn't like they don't have anywhere else to turn. Scott is really dropping the ball here and I'm not sure why no one around him is giving him a kick in the pants, saying "get your act together".

I'm not saying this as a Stapp basher. If I wanted to bash him I could do it much mroe thoroughly. I'm saying, for his OWN GOOD, he needs to get some stuff out SOON.

And ctfan, the reason the info is getting ripped is because--as far as I can see--everytime new Stapp info gets posted, its always ANOTHER FRIGGIN DELAY. Now, I am no Stapp fan so when I see this I kidna just chuckle and move on. I can't wait to hear what he has in mind for his solo album, but its more from a curiosity point of view than a "I think this is gonna rock" point of view. But if you LIKE Stapp, wouldn't you be getting friggin ANNOYED?

Am I wrong here? I mean, when even titan9 admits he is getting annoyed, Stapp has to be doing something VERY dumb. As others has said, you CAN get a record out a lot faster than this. It isn't like they are moving as fast as they can.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #21
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Am I wrong here? I mean, when even titan9 admits he is getting annoyed, Stapp has to be doing something VERY dumb. As others has said, you CAN get a record out a lot faster than this. It isn't like they are moving as fast as they can.

Yes, I am getting a little annoyed. I'm just annoyed at this situation, the fact that we are not getting the updates that we deserve. Where are the updates to Stapp's site? Where are some clips of what he's, so far, got recorded? As you all know, I've been a Stapp supporter and will continue to be. But I want to hear the new music. Scott is one of my favorite singers, and I want to hear more from him. Relearn Love is a good song, and I like it alot, but I want to hear more new songs from Scott. I'm getting annoyed that the new stuff keeps getting delayed, whether that's Scott's fault or Wind-Up's fault, it doesn't really matter. Not all of Scott's fanbase is going to stick with him. The longer the album takes to make, the more fans that lose interest and leave Scott. If he waits long enough, all that's going to be left are his diehard fans, and, unfortunately, I don't think he has alot of those fans. Keep in mind, I am not bashing Scott. I'm one of those diehard fans who will stick with his music no matter what. All I'm saying is that, if he wants this solo career to be a success, he needs to put out the music and do so as quickly as possible. If we're going to compare, Alter Bridge put out an excellent album in less than a year. Scott's taking, what, over a year to put out an album. What if Alter Bridge puts out their second album before Scott puts out his first? How is that going to look to the non-diehard fans? Not very good. My whole point is that he needs to get this album out, and do it by the end of 2005. Any later will hurt his career.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-07-2005, 01:36 PM   #22
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) This has "Chinese Democracy" written all over it.

Old 03-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #23
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: But if you LIKE Stapp, wouldn't you be getting friggin ANNOYED?

ya know, uncertain drummer....i guess that would depend on the person, now wouldn't it?...everyone is different.

Everyone that is interested in what stapp has to offer is anxious to hear what he has to offer, just that some of us are more patient than others...and at the end of the day, i would rather have quality...and that kind of music and writing can't be done ON DEMAND, whether it is from the fans or the label, that's just not how the process happens if it is expected to retain a modicum of integrity. Granted, there are many out there that will do it that way...cookie cutter music, sounds the same as everybody else music...not what i care to listen to.

So what if stapp is taking his time...instead of raggin' on the guy for it, try and learn some understanding...and realize that everyone of you that are so "upset" that you are not getting what you want NOW will be the first in line to buy tickets when you get something that was worth the wait.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing
Old 03-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #24
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: boo hoo, this is an AB board boo hoo

fact is the band that was to become AB cared enough about their fans to have someone giving DETAILS of what, where and with who they were doing it, since the search for a singer until album post-production.

Stapp setting up a studio... alright, that's cool... but how long is it taking? Creed set up a home studio for HC and Weathered within weeks... the problem is... how focused Stapp is in his solo career?

AB worked hard and non-stop to get their stuff done. Stapp seems to be slacking.

And it hurts me to say this, coz I'm really interested in what Stapp will bring for us.
But the way it's going... it leaves me with doubts.

Scott still has to take advantage of people remembering Creed. Soon most non-die hard fans will forget about it. From "Stapp, lead singer from Creed" he's becoming "Scott who? oh! right... that guy from Creed".
Old 03-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay)
Scott still has to take advantage of people remembering Creed. Soon most non-die hard fans will forget about it. From "Stapp, lead singer from Creed" he's becoming "Scott who? oh! right... that guy from Creed".

Which was my point exactly. The longer that Scott waits to put out this album, the less people who will remember him and be anxious to hear what he puts out. I understand that it takes a while to create an album, but if Alter Bridge can do it in less than a year, why can't Scott? It just seems as if there are alot of delays with him actually recording the album. Up until recently, weren't Scott and Goneblind in the pre-recording phase? Why has it taken Scott this long to actually record the songs? That's what I am wondering, and I am sure alot of other fans wonder about that as well. Again, don't take this as me bashing Scott. I'm a huge fan of his, just as I am a huge fan of Alter Bridge. I'll buy Scott's solo album no matter what, even if it comes out in 2008. But not all fans are that understanding, that willing to wait for one album. Not all fans are as patient as the diehard Stapp fans are. I've tried to be patient and positive about his solo album, but the more and more it gets delayed, the harder and harder it becomes for me(and other fans, I'd assume) to stay patient and positive.

Old 03-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #26
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Let's called this thread...."Stapp and the neverending album"
Stapp cracks me up....

Quote: Stapp apparently thinks he has a huge undying fanbase that will stay with him no matter what. Contrary to semi-popular belief, this isn't TRUE. Not only does he have a very LIMITED fanbase, but the more popular Alter Bridge gets, it seems the more people forget about Stapp. A few of my creed-loving friends were equally excited about AB and Stapp and now they have almost forgotten about him because while AB tours the world, Stapp is *seemingly* sitting on his butt doing nothing.

You are rite Uncertaindrumer...Ab is touring Europe now....the third time since september...and they will come back for Festival all around Europe in June. I dont think Stapp than even do half of what Ab are doing rite now when he releases his album....if he does finally.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Let's called this thread...."Stapp and the neverending album"
Stapp cracks me up....

You are rite Uncertaindrumer...Ab is touring Europe now....the third time since september...and they will come back for Festival all around Europe in June. I dont think Stapp than even do half of what Ab are doing rite now when he releases his album....if he does finally.

I think when he does tour, it will not be as much as AB. That's not because he's lazy, but rather because he has a son and his a single father. Obviously, his son is going to play a role in how much he tours. I think I've heard him say(and I'm not 100% sure about this) that he only wants to tour during the Summer months. That's understandable, as he could take Jagger with him during the summer, if he chose to do that. So, if he doesn't tour as much as AB, it's not because he's lazy or doesn't care about his fans. It's most likely because of his personal life.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #28
Trimontana
USER INFO »
^^^^^Yeah,yeah...again with the son excuse..i listen to this excuse many times. I dont believe his son would be the reason for him to dont tour as much as AB
Old 03-07-2005, 03:29 PM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »
I don't think it's an excuse, and I think that would be one of the main factors, based on what Scott has said in some of his interviews. Obviously, he doesn't favor touring all the time and puts his son and his family above his career. If he does just a summer tour, that's alright and understandable. At least in my opinion it is.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #30
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I think when he does tour, it will not be as much as AB. That's not because he's lazy, but rather because he has a son and his a single father. Obviously, his son is going to play a role in how much he tours. I think I've heard him say(and I'm not 100% sure about this) that he only wants to tour during the Summer months. That's understandable, as he could take Jagger with him during the summer, if he chose to do that. So, if he doesn't tour as much as AB, it's not because he's lazy or doesn't care about his fans. It's most likely because of his personal life.
then... he needs to rush, record and release his album before summer and not late august. otherwise he'll tour only in 2006, which is a good excuse to push his album back, again.