++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 09-04-2006, 09:09 AM   #1
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
R.I.P. Steve Irwin

It's weird... the "Crocodile Hunter" constantly put himself in dangerous situations, but I'm still shocked that he passed away.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...531446,00.html
Old 09-04-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
ABYanks
USER INFO »
Re: R.I.P. Steve Irwin

same same
Old 09-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »

I'm gonna get made fun of for this but I guess I wasn't all that familiar with this person cuz I can't remember ever hearing about him

Thats sad that he died though
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

I dunno I think it is kinda funny in a way.....

I expected him to get eaten by a Croc rather than impaled by a sting-ray

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 09-05-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »

It Is Not Funny In Any Way Shape Or Form. The Man Was an Incredible Conservationalist And Was An Amazing Person. The Croc Hunter Was My Favorite Show. I Watched Him Every Day After School.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...i/RIPsteve.jpg

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 09-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #6
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker) I'm gonna get made fun of for this but I guess I wasn't all that familiar with this person cuz I can't remember ever hearing about him

Thats sad that he died though
You've Never Heard of The Crocadile Hunter?

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 09-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
Prog
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Prog Send a message via MSN to Prog Send a message via Yahoo to Prog

Steve was awesome. He'll be missed.

A tip of my hat (which I don't wear), and a 'crikey' to his memory.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #8
bilal
USER INFO »

that is indeed sad....... and yes...when my friend told me about his death.....my first impression was also that a crocodile has eaten him up.....or some deadly snake got a good bite........ i liked the show too.... he was the pioneer of these kinda shows ...... many shows started latter on folllowing his foot steps.......
Old 09-04-2006, 11:21 PM   #9
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lunar Shadow) I dunno I think it is kinda funny in a way.....

I expected him to get eaten by a Crock rather than impaled by a sting-ray
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LMAO i know it ...i know he is resting in peace im sure he is in the relm of crock heaven and their like hunting him down and he is begging for the forgivness and more in likely he will remain in that relm untill he can see the error of his ways and pass on to a more peacefull place
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 09-04-2006, 11:25 PM   #10
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

:
Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) that is indeed sad....... and yes...when my friend told me about his death.....my first impression was also that a crocodile has eaten him up.....or some deadly snake got a good bite........ i liked the show too.... he was the pioneer of these kinda shows ...... many shows started latter on folllowing his foot steps.......
..darlin its not that sad k..we know sad k... WHO ALL AGREES, Wit Me That The Guy Had it Coming anyways ..if not by the crocodile...then by one of our man eaten friends ...
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 09-05-2006, 09:26 AM   #11
Robin101
USER INFO »

This is indeed sad news.

He tried to educate us on certain animals that, through our own ignorance, we deemed 'evil' when really they were just misunderstood. He was trying to help these animals and educate us at the same time.

I hope people also understand that here is a 44 year old guy who's leaving behind a wife and two young children - an eight year old daughter and two year old son respectively.

RIP STEVE

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #12
Chase
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) This is indeed sad news.

He tried to educate us on certain animals that, through our own ignorance, we deemed 'evil' when really they were just misunderstood. He was trying to help these animals and educate us at the same time.

I hope people also understand that here is a 44 year old guy who's leaving behind a wife and two young children - an eight year old daughter and two year old son respectively.

RIP STEVE

I know... this is terribly sad. I can't believe that people are making light of his death. Yes, he did have a dangerous job. But so do cops and soldiers. When one of them die, do you say "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's what he gets for chosing to be in harm's way!" I hope to God not.

Steve educated MILLIONS of people about creatures the global community deemed "frightening" and changed those perceptions.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #13
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) You've Never Heard of The Crocadile Hunter?

Not that I know of I never really got into those nature shows on tv or anything.
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 09-05-2006, 03:07 PM   #14
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) It Is Not Funny In Any Way Shape Or Form. The Man Was an Incredible Conservationalist And Was An Amazing Person. The Croc Hunter Was My Favorite Show. I Watched Him Every Day After School.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...i/RIPsteve.jpg

Oh come on.... There is Humor in every ting no matter how morbid.... I find humaor in the laci perterson death and in the jonbenet ramsey murder and so on and so on not to mention the shuttle columbia disaster.... there is humor everywhere you just need to know where and how to look for it. humor is a coping mechanism.... Hell I found humor in the death of my best friend th night of his wake we were sitting around laughing at his expense (its the way he would have wanted it.

now am I saying that Steve Irwin wasn't a great naturalist? no I am not, I Just tend to find the humor in bad situations. Anything can be funny Even Rape you just have to know how to look at it.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #15
Robin101
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I know... this is terribly sad. I can't believe that people are making light of his death. Yes, he did have a dangerous job. But so do cops and soldiers. When one of them die, do you say "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's what he gets for chosing to be in harm's way!" I hope to God not.

Steve educated MILLIONS of people about creatures the global community deemed "frightening" and changed those perceptions.

I agree. I don't think I can put it any better than british wildlife expert David Bellamy who said "A family man, showman without equal, a conservationist who understood the real meaning of the word and a natural historian who understood the animals he worked with".

"Today, the world is a sadder place - but, thanks to his enthusiasm and talent, it is much wiser too".

The one thing I always noticed about Steve was his childish enthusiasm - you could always see it in his eyes. He had a passion for his work and just wanted us to experience it with him.

There certainly won't be a shortage of people telling his children what a 'great bloke' their dad was.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger