++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-27-2006, 04:17 AM   #46
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott Stapp Atlanta Concert Review

Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_who?) I have followed the real driving force behind the band, SCOTT.
Front man - yes
Driving force - please...

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 02-27-2006, 06:13 AM   #47
Robin101
USER INFO »

Congratulations to Scott on an excellent start to his tour - keep it up. I agree with GregS - he's gotta come to Britain (or I'll go to the States and drag him across the pond by his precious hair)

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Front man - yes

While it was the undoubted combined talents of Tremo, Stapp, Flip and Marshall who made Creed a success, I've always believed that while Tremo was the backbone of Creed, Stapp was without question the heartbeat.

BTW, just watched Creed: Behind the Music (from PBF) - success stories don't come along like that anymore.

Here's to more success for Scott!

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 02-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #48
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Front man - yes
Oh yes.
It's true.
Go see Scott on tour. You will see that Gone Blind has filled in the gaps quite nicely.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #49
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Personally ... it was definitely Scott that pulled me into Creed ... no one else.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:30 PM   #50
Justify
USER INFO »

Let me start off by saying that I have been a die hard Creed fan since they first came out. I am now a die hard Scott Stapp fan. That being said I would not have been afraid to say if this concert did not meet my expectations and I would not be afraid to point out things that went wrong in the concert. Now for the review…

Wow!

I thought about what I would say in my review all weekend but the only word that kept coming to my mind was WOW. I have almost been dreading writing this because I know I won’t be able to put into words how GREAT the show was.

I last saw Scott/Creed in 2000 and I was blown away by their concert. I went into this concert telling myself not to expect what I saw in 2000. Well I must say that it definitely wasn’t what I saw in 2000. IT WAS SO MUCH MORE. Scott’s vocals were dead on. Gone Blind did an outstanding job. I was shocked to see how well they did on the Creed songs. I only noticed a few differences in the music. And they performed all their new music perfectly. I did notice a little change to the beginning of Let Me Go… I’m not sure if that was intentional or not. I don’t think he could have chosen a better band to use on his new album and tour. They seemed to really love what they were doing.

(By the way, I will no longer refer to them as Gone Blind. With the unity they showed with Scott on Friday I would say they are now The Stapp Band. )

The concert began with Reach Out, Fight Song, and Bullets. I actually liked their version of Bullets better than Creeds. Scott sang incredibly on every song but he really belted it out on these. You could see how much he was into these songs. His voice sounded better on Reach Out in the concert than it does on the Album. I think he has really been taking care of his voice more lately than he did with Creed.

The setlist was the same at the Roxy that it was in Orlando which is as follows: Reach Out, Fight Song, Bullets, My Own Prison, What If, Hardway, One Last Breath, Let Me Go, Great Divide, Higher, Sublime, My Sacrafice
(encore) Arms Wide Open, Surround Me, Justify
Every song was performed with as much intensity as the prior.

When Scott and “The Stapp Band” came back out for the encore they did an acoustic version of Arms Wide Open. Scott, John, and Artie were all on stools. No drums, no bass. They couldn’t have chosen a better song to do acoustically. Also they couldn’t have performed it better. After WAWO they performed Surround Me and then ended the concert with Justify. Justify was a great song to end the concert with. At the end of Justify the stage went dark all except a spotlight on the bass player which slowly faded as he finished the song out. It was great!

Stapp had energy in this concert that I have not seen him display since Creed’s early days. I actually heard someone in the audience say “He’s back… He is definitely back!” And I have to agree. He is back and better than ever. His excitement to be back was catching. He kept showing the audience the goose bumps he was getting because of our excitement. The audience sang along with every song. Sometimes the audience was singing so loudly it was hard for me to hear him singing. He spoke to the audience at the beginning of almost every song. Scott was so personal in this concert that once it was over I felt like I had a better understanding of who he is. I wish the people who love to hate Scott Stapp would take the opportunity to go to one of his concerts. I think most would leave with a different opinion.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #51
creedlvr
USER INFO »

OMG!!! I am SO excited for Saturday! I am lovin' all these reviews!
Old 02-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #52
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Alter_who?) You are so right Dogstar. I appologize to the board members and nagpo, I sent you a seperate PM. I do get carried away at times. Maybe that is what Scott and I have in common.
oh, and i just loved that PM. i love it when people cuss me out.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:55 PM   #53
crest tattoo
USER INFO »

Were they selling any shirts or other memorabilia?
Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #54
AliceInChains
USER INFO »

Yep--there were perhaps 4 "regular shirts" and three "baby doll" shirts, and dammit, why are there always cool baby doll shirts? I saw the Jov in DC on 2/2 and the ebst shirts there were shirts I would have last fit into in 4th grade. grr...anyway, I got one with Scott on the front in his brown "Music is the weapon of the future" tee. They had a few shirts and hats in his "Rock Pose" (TM) from the album cover. Overall a good selection.

--Corgan
Old 02-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #55
Alter_who?
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) oh, and i just loved that PM.
I knew you would.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:46 AM   #56
Creed7352
USER INFO »

Quote: The show in Atlanta rivaled the CREED show (that blew me away) in Birmingham during the Weathered tour.

i must say...it rivaled creed cause it was on the weathered tour and creed just wasn't the same on the weathered tour...they were way better on the other tours before the weathered tour.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:22 AM   #57
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Thanks for the great review, Justify. I'm still on the fence about going tomorrow. I have a crapload of stuff to do, unfortunately, and it's a three-hour drive...I may still go, though. I really don't like the new album, but I got a ticket anyway. I'm glad to hear his voice sounds good.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:25 AM   #58
Creed7352
USER INFO »

he's not even playing near me
Old 02-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #59
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Meh
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 03-01-2006, 09:41 AM   #60
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Any thoughts on why he's not singing Broken? I'm pretty disappointed about that. It's one of my favorite songs on the cd.

I thought for sure that it would be released as a single at some point.