++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > CreedFeed Help & Feedback > Help & Feedback
Today's Posts «

Old 06-04-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Zealous moderator? What the heck...

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) >>Admin Edit: Maybe you didn't get it the first time. Allow me to clearify.

OK... so "clearify..." And when was "the first time?"

What was the problem with my post? Is quoting an article all of a sudden taboo?

What the heck Mulletman. Way to go, buddy...
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-04-2004 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:29 PM   #2
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You posted quotes from the interview that alone sounded biased were taken out of context. Whether it was on purpose or accidental, those remarks would cause more harm then good. Once the fire dies down, you guys can speculate over whatever. Please do not place the blame on anyone until both parties have spoken.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:43 PM   #3
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) You posted quotes from the interview that alone sounded biased were taken out of context.

Tell me which quote I took out of context, my good man. The content of the interview/article was pretty much all against Stapp.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) Once the fire dies down, you guys can speculate over whatever.

There was no "speculation" in my post. If you didn't notice, they were all quotes taken directly from the interview.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mulletman) those remarks would cause more harm then good. Please do not place the blame on anyone until both parties have spoken.

Quoting an article (that was already posted on the site) does harm? Help me understand this. Trem/Flip essentially placed blame on Stapp for the breakup. That's not wild speculation, that's right out of the interview. Have you not read it?

Using your logic, the article should also be censored from creedfeed.com because it does not represent "both parties." To be consistent, you would also need to censor Mark if he comes on this board and repeats what he did in the MTV interview. If you are unwilling to censor the article, then kindly refrain from needlessly censoring my posts and overstepping your bounds.

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-04-2004 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #4
velocityidp
USER INFO »
FYI: here is a copy of my wildly speculative post:

Some key quotes from the MTVNews interview/article I found interesting.

What lead to Creed's dissolution
Quote: The trouble wasn't that [Tremonti and Stapp] were clashing creatively. Personal issues, mostly between Stapp and the rest of Creed, caused an irreparable rift that ultimately led to the band's demise.

Who the 'quarrel' was with
Quote: "Scott and I hadn't been close for a while," Tremonti said, "and things just weren't working out. ... None of us really argued amongst each other. It was always Scott who had the problem."

Conflict during the Weathered Tour
Quote: ...Tremonti was forced to germinate new ideas with Phillips and touring bassist Brett Hestla... and the collaboration got under Stapp's skin.

On Scott's mindset
Quote: "It's not fun to count on other people when they're not that focused," Tremonti said. "Scott wasn't in the mindset that we were. He wasn't as focused on the current tour. He had 800 things on his mind, and I think that distracted him from what we were doing."

Quote: "He definitely had his plate full, whether it was professional or personal," Phillips said. "He always had the cell phone going," the drummer added, with an eyebrow raised to relay his disgust.

"When every day just seemed to get weirder and weirder, it's natural to start discussing that with the people around you..."

The infamous Chicago concert
Quote: "My entire family was at [the Chicago] show," Tremonti said, "so I was very irritated. But I forgave Scott for it. I talked to him about it, [but he didn't] offer any kind of explanation. That's probably what bothered me the most."

Tremonti's mindset
Quote: "I'm more driven now than I've ever been," Tremonti said. "If you've tasted it and been there, you need to get back. Rock and roll, to me, is like a drug. I need to get out there and perform and get the music out there. That's why we've been a band for only five months and we're coming out with a record in another two."

Plea for history
Quote: "Even if you loved us or hated us," Phillips emphasized, "remember us."

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-05-2004 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Velocity, we're all capable of reading the article in its entirety and drawing our own conclusions. We don't need selected quotes highlighted for our edification. State your opinion and move on. The whole post seemed to be bait, and thankfully, not many bit before your post was edited.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:26 PM   #6
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) What was the problem with my post? Is quoting an article all of a sudden taboo?

No, quoting an article is NOT taboo, however, picking it apart and only posting those points YOU deem interesting may cause more harm than good in this case. Yes the article is one-sided, but we don't want any rumor or speculation to come from it. I'm sure there will be plenty but we're trying to keep it to a minimum on Creedfeed. If that is a problem, go post your points elsewhere.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-04-2004, 06:56 PM   #7
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by dogstar) We don't need selected quotes highlighted for our edification. State your opinion and move on.
1) Are you sure you wanted to say "we?" Do you speak for all members now? Do you you feel that you should be taking it upon yourself to decide what members should or should not read?

Heaven forbid anyone read selected quotes (taken in context) to highlight some interesting points made in an interview...

2) You say "state your opinion and move on." How is that possible when you delete my posts?

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) No, quoting an article is NOT taboo, however, picking it apart and only posting those points YOU deem interesting may cause more harm than good in this case.
So I can't point out what *I* find interesting? Am I supposed to pick out what *you* find interesting? I can't see how that argument works, unless your goal is to censor any opinions or information that run contrary to your views.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Yes the article is one-sided, but we don't want any rumor or speculation to come from it.
Again, you can't keep on that "speculation" mantra. You're all scared of speculation. Only problem is, there was NO speculation in my post. You are excercising pure censorship for no valid reason. Is this how you treat all longtime members that don't subscribe to your views?

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) If that is a problem, go post your points elsewhere.
Why not just be direct and say "shut up or get out."

You stifle members and then try to rationalize it. Could ANYONE bring up the facts (as voiced by Mark/Flip) contained in that interview in ANY form? Answer me that and then jive it with the logic you used to repeatedly censor my posts.

Just cram a sock in the guy's mouth, say "I don't think your post was good" and then "move on" as if nothing happened. I don't appreciate this at all.

- "What If", Creed

Last edited by velocityidp : 06-04-2004 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #8
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
The reasons your posts were edited were given by the other mods. If you don't agree with them either let it go or post elsewhere. Rather than let rumors spread that have no bearing, we want to keep the discussions to a respectable level. Instead of discussing the article you simply posted individual quotes. Postint quotes from the article is fine, but follow up the quote with a discussion about it. Why did you post it. What is your feeling about it? Please understand that by pasting single quotes from the entire article can make your post appear to have a certain meaning one way or another. That is what we want to avoid here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 06-04-2004, 07:09 PM   #9
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Postint quotes from the article is fine, but follow up the quote with a discussion about it. Why did you post it. What is your feeling about it? Please understand that by pasting single quotes from the entire article can make your post appear to have a certain meaning one way or another. That is what we want to avoid here.

Funny, the reason I didn't post any extra remarks was because I figured (from past experience) that the post would be censored due to "speculation." So you're telling me that if I post the same text with my opinions, it will not be censored by mods?

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-05-2004, 05:03 AM   #10
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by velocityidp) 1) Are you sure you wanted to say "we?" Do you speak for all members now? Do you you feel that you should be taking it upon yourself to decide what members should or should not read?
Forgive me ever so kindly . I meant that in general, people can make their own conclusions. By posting the way you did, without comment, you did something similar to what you are accusing me of, namely taking it upon yourself to decide what members should or should consider interesting.

Quote: 2) You say "state your opinion and move on."
See above.

Quote: How is that possible when you delete my posts?

I didn't delete your post, but I would have if I'd gotten to it first .
Old 06-05-2004, 09:39 AM   #11
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I meant that in general, people can make their own conclusions. By posting the way you did, without comment, you did something similar...
This is what I don't get. You say "people can make their own conclusions." In the next breath, you then say I should have included comments & analysis to avoid censorship. That doesn't make any sense.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) ...you did something similar to what you are accusing me of, namely taking it upon yourself to decide what members should or should consider interesting.
I took nothing upon myself other than posting what I found interesting in a reasonable tone and manner. But almost everyone does that... that's what message boards are all about. If you didn't find it as interesting as I did, you could have replied in kind. You could have given others the chance to agree/disagree with how interesting I found the quotes to be.

By not censoring the post, you allow everyone to decide. By deleting the post, you decide for everyone.

- "What If", Creed
Old 06-05-2004, 01:00 PM   #12
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, I'm sorry you don't get it. I explained my reasons, you explained yours. This bickering is pointless.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:42 PM   #13
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Omg Revolution!!!!!1

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 06-07-2004, 07:39 PM   #14
Rune
USER INFO »
I think what the mods are trying to say is that they don't mind if you state your opinion, but when you use your opinion in a post that is obviously pointing out the negatives in your quotes and then going into detail as to why is, when you get down to it, merely trolling.

It's one thing to make quotes and explain your opinion of them, it's another to do so in such a blatantly negative way. Perhaps if you posted it and stated your opinion in a less enflaming way you'd meet with better results from the mods.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:52 PM   #15
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Rune pretty much summed up what I couldn't express in words for some reason. Thank you. That is exactly what I was trying to say in my original post.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"