++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-10-2004, 02:29 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
02/15/2005 - Washington, D.C. - 9:30 Club

Post your reviews here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-17-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
This show just flat-out ROCKED the house! Forgive me if I am repetitious, as this was my second show in a span of three days .
It was a lot smaller club than the Electric Factory in Philly. It held 630 people and by the time AB came on, the place was packed. Njcreedite and I were second in line behind two people who got to go to soundcheck, as they had shown up at around 2 p.m. We got there around 5, which was plenty of time as luck would have it. We also saw JenRN!! She came later and chatted with us for a while. It was nice to see you, Jen!!!

Again, we stood in front of Brian, and there was no barricade this time, so my hands were resting on the bass amp when I wasn't pumping them up in the air or flashing the devil horns all night .

Submersed came on again, and they are just consistently great. This is the sixth time I have seen them, and they NEVER disappoint. They so rock. I love watching TJ and Eric and rock out and closing my eyes and letting Donald's voice go right through me. Man, does he have such a beautiful voice. He nailed Hollow and its high parts beautifully. I don't know how he does this night in and night out. They had almost the same setlist as Philly, but instead of the Piano Song, they played You Run, which also is one of my favorites. They didn't do as much talking this time, but that was fine by me! The show started at 8 instead of 8:30 and that was great not having to wait so long when we got in. I just wish they would get second billing instead of first, but Eric F. said the lineup is tied to record sales, which really sucks. It pains me to think Silvertide is doing better because I honestly think Submersed is a much more talented band. Heh, and I also like the music better .

Silvertide was OK, but again, I'm not really into them, although their guitar player is pretty decent. He's pretty flashy, but he actually can play. They had a lot of love in the audience, though, which again, makes me shake my head.

AB was just fantastic AGAIN. Myles was really feeding off the crowd's energy and he said as much after the first couple of songs. He said the more we give the more we get, and he wasn't kidding. Brian was smiling quite a bit and we got to high-five him and shake his hand a number of times throughout the show, as there was no barricade. I love small clubs. I know this might not last forever, but small venues are the best place for these shows. It's just an amazing connection. Mark also came over to our side all night and we all got a lot of love and eye contact while he was rockin' out. At one point, his leg was on the amp, and his knee was about three inches from my face, heheh. I had to watch out that I didn't hit it with my head while I was headbanging .
They opened with One Day Remains and the place went absolutely nuts. I think this crowd was even crazier than Philly, and that show was unreal. We were squished in pretty tight, hehe. The big surprise of the night was a cover of The Who's Baba O'Reilly!!!! Myles said they were playing an extra song for us since we were such a cool crowd, hehe. Myles and Mark took turns on lead guitar on that one, and I'll tell ya, Myles can play, too! He's got all the rock-star moves, including the classic windmill! It was awesome. I immediately thought of TeriB19, as she is a big Who fan and would have flipped out had she been there. I wish she had. I so want a bootleg of this show! They also did Led Zep's Rock and Roll again. I can't tell you how pumped up people get when they do that one, myself included. And we got the Mark solo again, which also made people nuts. He was up and down that fret board like nobody's business, getting faster and faster as the solo went on. I could watch him play all day!
Myles also commented on the many cool T-shirts he saw people wearing, pointing out some of his favorites in between songs.
l
Not sure I have the order right, but here goes for the setlist:

ODR
Watch Your Words
The End Is Here
Find the Real
Burn It Down
Broken Wings
Metalingus
Shed My Skin
Baba O'Reilly
Rock and Roll (once again, kick-ass)
Down to My Last

Encore:
In Loving Memory (acoustic)
Open Your Eyes

Oh, and during Open Your Eyes, the program director from radio station DC101 got to jam with the boys on guitar. He wasn't half bad. He looked kinda geeky up there in his dress pants and shirt, but by the end, he caught up. He was a little slow to start, but he managed to keep up and not mess it up, hehehe. He had a great time up there, and the guys were really great to him. They also had a couple of kids who won some contest to act like a rock star and they got up on stage and just air-played bass and guitar. They looked like they were having fun, too.

The best part was that it was my birthday! So, THANK YOU, Submersed and Alter Bridge, for making this one of my best birthdays EVER!

Last edited by Dogstar : 02-19-2005 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm so glad you guys had a great time and a great show.

Baba O'Riley.........still crying.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-17-2005, 04:50 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Awwwwww...I so wish you had been there. Hopefully, we'll find a bootleg .
Old 02-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'd give my eye teeth for that!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-19-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You and me both!
Old 02-21-2005, 09:56 AM   #7
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
Bootleg

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Awwwwww...I so wish you had been there. Hopefully, we'll find a bootleg .
If you find one, let me know. I caught em Saturday night. Great show!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:07 PM   #8
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Will do.