++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 03-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #46
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Scott calls The Bone in dallas

Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) I don't have hours everyday to look for the crap you dig up, nor do I feel the need to log into an Alter Bridge website to find it. I know people who log into Alter Bridge websites, and are automatically banned...before they even post anything.

sure, it's crap because you like Stapp. But if it was AB you wouldn't say it's crap. doh! Very smart...

Quote: Like I said....if you plan to ruin someone's career....it isn't really smart to make that statement publicly and then have people plaster it all over a message board. Eventually it will come back to bite you in the....you know where.

Well... to dislike someone that much means this someone did something really bad to make the others so pissed...

Quote: Wasn't it Hanson who said he wanted to manage "Christian" bands? He certainly isn't acting too much like one...don't you think? He said it...so let people think he's the one who did it. I think its kind of funny, if you ask me. I hope someday they find out who really did it. If it's Hanson....what a putz.

Wasn't it Stapp who said he wanted to be a better "Christian" ? He certainly isn't acting too much like one... don't you think? I also think it's kind of funny, if you ask me.

Poor poor baby Stapp... he's so innocent!
Old 03-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #47
facelessmike
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Eff the Cowboys

The blame game aside - it is refreshing that Stapp is not hiding from all this.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:00 AM   #48
titan9
USER INFO »

You know what I find hilarious? That so many "Christians" are judging Stapp as not being a true Christian himself....questioning his spirituality and his judgment. Excuse me, but don't we believe as Christians that we should not judge one another? That it is GOD'S place to judge? And yet I see so many "Christians" being judgmental toward Stapp.

Let's get this straight. This sex tape happened SIX years ago. SIX YEARS AGO! Stapp has acknowledged HIMSELF that he was not living the "right way" during his Creed days. He never denied that he did some "bad" things during his Creed days. And yet SOME people are using something that happened SIX years ago to judge who he is today, to say whether or not he is a "true" Christian today. Let me ask you something: how many of you have done something in the past that you are not proud of? Be honest, I am sure you have just as I have. I've done things in the past few years that I am not all that proud of. And I AM a Christian despite this. I make mistakes every single day, I'm not perfect, and I still am a Christian because, at the end of the day, I know what I believe and who I worship.

Stapp makes mistakes all the time, just like the rest of us. He has a problem with alcohol that he is still battling. Lots of people have this same problem and still call themselves Christians. The difference? They aren't under the public scruitiny that Stapp is. He calls himself a Christian, then gets arrested? Suddenly people everywhere are saying "oh, he's no Christian...he's just a hypocrite". But you know what? WE'RE ALL HYPOCRITES! We're all hypocrites if we say we're Christians yet we continue to do something that God doesn't want us to do: judge others. We're all hypocrites if we criticize Stapp for doing something that we all do: make a mistake. We're all hypocrites if we say that Stapp isn't living the "Christian way" because, you know what? If we judge others and do nothing but criticize those who fall down, WE AREN'T LIVING THE CHRISTIAN WAY OURSELVES!

Now, I did not mean to go off on this rant about Christianity, but seeing what I've seen on here over the past six months has just, well, pissed me off. I'm sick of seeing so much hypocrisy when it comes to discussing Stapp. I feel a little sympathetic for him. Not because I think what he is doing is right, not because I think he's a great guy(I'm strictly a fan of his music, but I will make posts like this when I feel like something has to be said), but because, as a fellow Christian, I feel for him. I know if I were famous like he is, man, I'd have a rough time living up to everyone else's expectations of who I should be and how I should represent my faith, my spirituality. And to be so criticized when I make a mistake and to have everything I do in the public eye....that'd just be really tough.

So in conclusion, I'd like to invite every Christian here to do something: before you post a message saying how un-Christian-like Stapp is acting right now, I'd like you to take a deep breath, remember that God doesn't want us to judge one another, and think about your own life as a Christian. Are you perfect? Are you living like God wants you to? Do you make mistakes in your everyday life? Then, think of Stapp. Think of the pressure he's under, think of the fact that he, like everyone else, is a human being.....who happens to be a Christian. And maybe, just maybe, you'll reconsider posting a message that does nothing but criticize Stapp's spirituality and life as a Christian. As for me, I've made up my mind: I'm going to critique the music, but not the man himself. Because it's not my place to judge.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #49
creedlvr
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) ... too long to quote ...
but ..

Old 03-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #50
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »

easy man! Sorry you got angry.

My point was to use the same argument Mrprohetman used. I'd like to see his reply when the person in question is someone he likes instead.

If he judges Hanson, he obviously can judge Stapp as well.

I ain't judging anyone, I was just being sarcastic.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #51
Creed7352
USER INFO »

who said i was a christian?
Old 03-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #52
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Its a pity if your not ^
Old 03-07-2006, 04:08 PM   #53
The Lithium
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) r u kidding? i was just playing around.
Of course I'm kidding! I may play the fool at times, but please. I'm a swede, I'm not stupid!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 03-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #54
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) lol I've never heard of that movie. How old are you and where are you from?
NC usa. im almost 16. why?
Old 03-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #55
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) who said i was a christian?

Lol, never said you were. I was speaking strictly to the Christians on this site who have criticized Stapp, because I know there are some.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge Of Clay) easy man! Sorry you got angry.

My point was to use the same argument Mrprohetman used. I'd like to see his reply when the person in question is someone he likes instead.

If he judges Hanson, he obviously can judge Stapp as well.

I ain't judging anyone, I was just being sarcastic.

I knew that. I wasn't angry, but rather frustrated. And I was just venting my frustration that there are some Christians here(and other places as well) who have criticized Stapp and questioned his spirituality when it really isn't their place to judge(at least as Christians, anyway). It wasn't aimed specifically at you, just at those who have passed judgment about Stapp and happen to be Christians.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #56
Creed7352
USER INFO »

lol...i know man, i was just saying..

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) Its a pity if your not ^

L M F A O....i really have nothing to say to that...all i can do is laugh.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #57
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) Its a pity if your not ^
cause if youre not you'll go to hell......a book told me so.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #58
IamFilthy
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) You know what I find hilarious? That so many "Christians" are judging Stapp as not being a true Christian himself....questioning his spirituality and his judgment. Excuse me, but don't we believe as Christians that we should not judge one another? That it is GOD'S place to judge? And yet I see so many "Christians" being judgmental toward Stapp.

Let's get this straight. This sex tape happened SIX years ago. SIX YEARS AGO! Stapp has acknowledged HIMSELF that he was not living the "right way" during his Creed days. He never denied that he did some "bad" things during his Creed days. And yet SOME people are using something that happened SIX years ago to judge who he is today, to say whether or not he is a "true" Christian today. Let me ask you something: how many of you have done something in the past that you are not proud of? Be honest, I am sure you have just as I have. I've done things in the past few years that I am not all that proud of. And I AM a Christian despite this. I make mistakes every single day, I'm not perfect, and I still am a Christian because, at the end of the day, I know what I believe and who I worship.

Stapp makes mistakes all the time, just like the rest of us. He has a problem with alcohol that he is still battling. Lots of people have this same problem and still call themselves Christians. The difference? They aren't under the public scruitiny that Stapp is. He calls himself a Christian, then gets arrested? Suddenly people everywhere are saying "oh, he's no Christian...he's just a hypocrite". But you know what? WE'RE ALL HYPOCRITES! We're all hypocrites if we say we're Christians yet we continue to do something that God doesn't want us to do: judge others. We're all hypocrites if we criticize Stapp for doing something that we all do: make a mistake. We're all hypocrites if we say that Stapp isn't living the "Christian way" because, you know what? If we judge others and do nothing but criticize those who fall down, WE AREN'T LIVING THE CHRISTIAN WAY OURSELVES!

Now, I did not mean to go off on this rant about Christianity, but seeing what I've seen on here over the past six months has just, well, pissed me off. I'm sick of seeing so much hypocrisy when it comes to discussing Stapp. I feel a little sympathetic for him. Not because I think what he is doing is right, not because I think he's a great guy(I'm strictly a fan of his music, but I will make posts like this when I feel like something has to be said), but because, as a fellow Christian, I feel for him. I know if I were famous like he is, man, I'd have a rough time living up to everyone else's expectations of who I should be and how I should represent my faith, my spirituality. And to be so criticized when I make a mistake and to have everything I do in the public eye....that'd just be really tough.

So in conclusion, I'd like to invite every Christian here to do something: before you post a message saying how un-Christian-like Stapp is acting right now, I'd like you to take a deep breath, remember that God doesn't want us to judge one another, and think about your own life as a Christian. Are you perfect? Are you living like God wants you to? Do you make mistakes in your everyday life? Then, think of Stapp. Think of the pressure he's under, think of the fact that he, like everyone else, is a human being.....who happens to be a Christian. And maybe, just maybe, you'll reconsider posting a message that does nothing but criticize Stapp's spirituality and life as a Christian. As for me, I've made up my mind: I'm going to critique the music, but not the man himself. Because it's not my place to judge.

Titan,...once again you bring sense and straight-fowardness to this forum in your every comment,.....agree with you 100%!
I've been living a double life
Old 03-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #59
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) lol...i know man, i was just saying..

L M F A O....i really have nothing to say to that...all i can do is laugh.

laugh if you will, but you'll be crying later
Old 03-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #60
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by ABYanks) laugh if you will, but you'll be crying later
in hell.....spooky.