++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 02-04-2003, 05:06 AM   #1
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Marilyn Manson

Hi,

Most of you probably hate this guy dearly. Right?
Now here are some questions:

1. Have you heard much of his music, aside of occasional sog on tv/radio?
2. Can you get past his image, and actually listen to music?
3. Are you willing to give him a try?

I havent listen to him for longest time, and had got into him just recently. And you know what? He has some great tunes. Especcialy off "Mechanical Animals" album, which is more melodical and less angry. Download song called "Speed Of Pain" for example. Great accusticish ballad. Somethign you'd never expect to hear from him. Or "Last Day On Earth", or my fave: "Coma White" which is a song about being concerned for friend who uses drugs, and condemns drug use. Yeah Manson does have songs about love, helping people and true emotions.

So get on Kazaa and download some stuff to see for yourself that "evil" image you're so willign to judge him by does not always reflect to music. And try to give earful to musicians before jumping to any conclusions.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:05 AM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
This whole thread belongs in the Music Matters forum.

Quote: So get on Kazaa and download some stuff to see for yourself that "evil" image you're so willign to judge him by does not always reflect to music. And try to give earful to musicians before jumping to any conclusions.

Where do you get off assuming after posting here 5 times that we are all judgemental of him? You don't know any of us yet, so I don't think you have the right to assume to know what our likes and dislikes are and what conclusions we will jump to. I'll be truthful with you, after reading all 5 of your posts, the one conclusion I've already come to is that you are a wet blanket on all that has been discussed on this bb. You don't like Weathered, you didn't like Creed live, and you assume to know what we will like and dislike based on your hour spent here posting. All things you've posted have been your opinion, we respect that and you are entitled to it. But this is a Creed fan bulletin board, and I've not seen you mention one positive thing about Creed. Sorry, just my opinion.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 02-04-2003, 09:39 AM   #3
JenRN
USER INFO »
Woo HOO Teri!!!!!! Spoken like a true queen!!!! Right on!!!!!

As far as Marilyn Manson is concerned I won't even go there, because I have NOTHING nice to say! So I won't elaberate!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 02-04-2003, 11:06 AM   #4
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Really, the only thing I liked from Marilyn Manson was "Tainted Love", mainly b/c of his quirky voice and plus, I liked that song to begin with. Oh, and I liked "Sweet Dreams", too. But really, the way Lechium presented his case was kinda imposing. And who said we were jumping to conclusions??
Old 02-04-2003, 12:36 PM   #5
Lechium
USER INFO »
Teri: well i know quiet a few people who hate MM without ever giving him a chance, and every creed fan i know falls into this category. So go figure.

Oh yeah the other day my roomates gf was lookign through my playlist and she was like "why do you have MM there? he's horrible!" So I asked her "You ever heard his songs?", and the reply came "No, and I dont ever want to!". And it's a pretty common conversation really.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:42 PM   #6
Lechium
USER INFO »
And about me not posting a single positive thing about Creed... here it goes... My Own Prison was a decent album. Happy now? =)
Old 02-04-2003, 02:01 PM   #7
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Lechium, I haven't heard much of Marilyn Manson, but it doesn't have anything to do with how he portrays himself. I just haven't been all that interested in him after what I did hear on the radio. Thanks for the info on the other songs, though. I'll download your suggestions and check them out. Personally, it's always the music that gets me, not someone's particular image.

Oh, one more thing. Please don't assume that all Creed fans are cut from the same cloth. I really don't think that's a fair assessment on your part. You sound a lot like another board member who got really judgmental on us all over here before he found out all the facts...Amish Warlord.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:12 PM   #8
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
I'm a horse of a different color
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 02-04-2003, 02:15 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, Dan...
Old 02-04-2003, 02:24 PM   #10
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Yeah, Dan. We know.
Amish Warlord...I vaguely remember him...
Old 02-04-2003, 03:17 PM   #11
Weathered
USER INFO »
i like most of the songs i hear by MM .....my favorite is sweet dreams....i hate his beliefs and most things about him...but most of his music i like
Old 02-04-2003, 03:34 PM   #12
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
i'll admit it, i like his music, hes not a genius but then again if you look at todays music, no one is. i like coma white, IMO thats one of his better songs. i do not like how he deplicted the Kennedy assassination in that video, but none-the-less its a good song. tainted love is good, very good, LOVE the bunnies!! fight song, love song, beautiful people, rock is dead, all good. sweet dreams is great. I dont like the drugs(but the drugs like me)..... i have to say thats the best groove song. i love turning that up loud specialy when i am on the road. you should see the looks i get! im not too crazy about how to tries to get his beleifs across. i wasnt to crazy about the huge crucified fetus that was part of the set on his tour. i liked him better durring Mechanical Animals, the whole glam rock thing looked better. i dunno, i guess my goth days ended when i started high school.... oh well
Old 02-04-2003, 03:47 PM   #13
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
Not to get smart...but..umm...

Who said that I didnt like Manson's music ....?!?!?

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 02-04-2003, 05:17 PM   #14
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Thank you so much Teri. I opened up 2 threads this afternoon and both were so negative. I had to say something in one of them and I was glad that you said your peace in this one as well because I couldn't have said it better myself.

As for Marilyn Manson, to each his own, and I have heard him and I don't like him. Plain and simple. I don't think we are the ones who need to go to the root of the music. Lechium, it sounds like your smart ass comments in previous threads that you are the one who isn't giving certain music a chance.

I still don't get why these people come to a Creed Fan BB to post their gloomy crap.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:20 PM   #15
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
His best song was Taht sweet dreams song.. and he stole it form liek sarah magloclen! (Or whoever origanly amde it I forget)

In teh music vid he is running in a pent house in hsi underwear with clocks hanging from his twirled hair, chasing chickens and having featheres rain fro mteh sky. Also one eye has a huge pupel and teh otehr eye has a tiny one...

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27