++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 03-11-2004, 11:30 PM   #76
facelessman
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) It seems as though no new arguments are coming up, so why don't we all just agree to disagree? You guys believe one way, we believe another, other people believe other things still. The team of creedsister, Sincirr, SleeplessAngel, and Luke4488 and the team of Facelessman and Higher_Desire will never reach an agreement. Why don't we lay this to rest? Mormonism is not perfect, and doesn't claim to be, but it works for me. It's not what everyone chooses.

Article of Faith #11: We claim the privledge of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own contience, and allow all men, the same privledge, let them worship how, where, and what they may.

And, yes, I have seen the Godmakers. It is full of partial truths, that when examined further, are false understandings. The ex-mormons that were in it did not have a firm grasp on the teachings of the church, and were swayed. If I truly am headed into a cultlife... well then, it's my choice, but I believe that God loves me. He sent his son to die on the cross for my sins. Jesus Christ rose from the dead to bring about the oppertunity for us all to live again. What I do, I do through my own free-will. I am not ashamed. As it has been noted by President Gordon B. Hinckly: "If the Prophet Joseph did indeed decieve the world and all teaching of the Book of Mormon are false, then it is the grandest lie that has ever been told on any scale, eluding over 12 million people in just over 150 years. If the Book of Mormon is false, this whole church is a fraud. But if it is a true revelation, than this is the greatest work that has ever taken place in this or any dispensation."

H-D
DITTO!
I may not agree with what you say, but i will defend, to the death, your right to say it.
so lets stop all this crap b4 we end up at everyones throats. it was very interesting, though.
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 03-11-2004, 11:32 PM   #77
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) It seems as though no new arguments are coming up, so why don't we all just agree to disagree? You guys believe one way, we believe another, other people believe other things still. The team of creedsister, Sincirr, SleeplessAngel, and Luke4488 and the team of Facelessman and Higher_Desire will never reach an agreement. Why don't we lay this to rest? Mormonism is not perfect, and doesn't claim to be, but it works for me. It's not what everyone chooses.

Article of Faith #11: We claim the privledge of worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own contience, and allow all men, the same privledge, let them worship how, where, and what they may.

And, yes, I have seen the Godmakers. It is full of partial truths, that when examined further, are false understandings. The ex-mormons that were in it did not have a firm grasp on the teachings of the church, and were swayed. If I truly am headed into a cultlife... well then, it's my choice, but I believe that God loves me. He sent his son to die on the cross for my sins. Jesus Christ rose from the dead to bring about the oppertunity for us all to live again. What I do, I do through my own free-will. I am not ashamed. As it has been noted by President Gordon B. Hinckly: "If the Prophet Joseph did indeed decieve the world and all teaching of the Book of Mormon are false, then it is the grandest lie that has ever been told on any scale, eluding over 12 million people in just over 150 years. If the Book of Mormon is false, this whole church is a fraud. But if it is a true revelation, than this is the greatest work that has ever taken place in this or any dispensation." HEY Thats All Fine By me...But neverthless I got this fire in me that wont shut up And i would not Have Any of my brothers Or sisters Go Estray Or lead the wrong Way Its Not me really because I could careless!!! but He That Dwells In me My Lord jesus Christ Is Mayby Trying To Tell U guys something What I do I Do out Of Love. And I just Pray That There Your Eyes will be brought In to the light!! I go In peace now And I pray U find the truth Dont Say Old creed Sis Didnt Tell U ahead of Time!!

H-D
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 03-11-2004, 11:49 PM   #78
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) HEY Thats All Fine By me...But neverthless I got this fire in me that wont shut up And i would not Have Any of my brothers Or sisters Go Estray Or lead the wrong Way Its Not me really because I could careless!!! but He That Dwells In me My Lord jesus Christ Is Mayby Trying To Tell U guys something What I do I Do out Of Love. And I just Pray That There Your Eyes will be brought In to the light!! I go In peace now And I pray U find the truth Dont Say Old creed Sis Didnt Tell U ahead of Time!!
OK. So we're agreed.

Oh, and there was a slight typing error in my last post it should be "dictates of our own conscience. Not contience like I put before. Maybe I shouldn't spell phenetically.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-12-2004, 12:11 AM   #79
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) It seems as though no new arguments are coming up, so why don't we all just agree to disagree?
I'll drink to that!

Old 03-12-2004, 12:12 AM   #80
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
hahaha.

OK, I'll try my hardest to stop, especially since U seemed to point out that U R out-numbered, but I still wanna hear what your leaders say concerning the teaching on getting your own planet. I mean your bishops and the like. Don't let them tippy-toe around it either.

Just remember y'all:
A man is not justified by observing the law,
but by faith in Jesus Christ
that we may be justified by faith in Christ
and not by observing the law,
because by observing the law, no-one will be justified.
Galatians 2:16

And:

Philippians 2:5-11

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death--
even death on a cross!
9Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Also JOHN 3:16
16"For God so loved the world that He
gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish
but have eternal life.

Hosea 11:9

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-12-2004, 12:18 AM   #81
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Crap Where did all those posts come from!
Ok, I'll let it slide, though I do have alot more questions.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-12-2004, 12:42 AM   #82
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
i dont mind answering questions if you guys dont start arguing with us.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:49 AM   #83
Sincirr
USER INFO »
I found a really good site, http://www.irr.org/mit/ so i can find out there.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 03-12-2004, 01:14 AM   #84
facelessman
USER INFO »
how about you go to lds.org or something to get your questions answered?
Old 03-12-2004, 01:24 AM   #85
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) I found a really good site, http://www.irr.org/mit/ so i can find out there.
Dear God please don't use that site! I can tell by reading the first page it's made by non-mormons, anti-mormons, and former-mormons.

Use this site instead: http://www.lightplanet.com/mormons/. It is not owned by the church or any of the church's offiliates, but it is owned by members (a husband and wife) who have looked extensively into the background of the church. It has answers to many question and states our beliefs with proof to back it up. The church's official site www.lds.org is good too. There are links in there to TONS of doctrine, including the church magazines for somewhere around 30 years. You can read it all for free online.

I don't mind answering your questions, and feel free to PM me anytime. But, as facelessman said, you can state your side and your question, as long as you don't start arguing. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

I will look into that planet thing. Also, no hard feelings. As long as we both accept that we believe different things.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 03-12-2004, 03:55 AM   #86
facelessman
USER INFO »
lightplanet.com/mormons is awesome.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:59 PM   #87
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire)
Let us quote from Professor Blair's research:

The symbol that was actually selected is the character specifically used to represent a like sounding syllable in foreign words. When not used to render a meaningless syllable of a foreign word, this character suggests "smoothing something with the hand." (If one were to take this literal rendering seriously, one could explain "Mo-Men" as meaning "hand-smoothed Gateway, " or "way smoothed by hands." Further, interpolation might suggest that it was the bleeding hands of Jesus Christ that smoothed the way to Salvation!

Let me quote JOSEPH SMITH:

To the EDITOR of the TIMES & SEASONS. SIR: Through the medium of your paper, I wish to correct an error among men that profess to be learned, liberal and wise; and I do it the more cheerfully, because I hope sober-thinking and sound-reasoning people will sooner listen to the voice of truth, than be led astray by the vain pretentions of the self-wise. The error I speak of, is the definition of the word "MORMON". It has been stated that this word was derived from the Greek word mormo. This is not the case. There was no Greek or Latin upon the plates from which I, through the grace of God, translated the Book of Mormon. Let the language of that book speak for itself. On the 523d page, of the fourth edition, it reads:

"And now behold we have written this record according to our knowledge in the characters, which are called among us the Reformed Egyptian, being handed down and altered by us, according to our manner of speech; and if our plates had been sufficiently large, we should have written in Hebrew: but the Hebrew hath been altered by us, also; and if we could have written in Hebrew, behold ye would have had no imperfection in our record, but the Lord knoweth our language; therefore be hath prepared means for the interpretation thereof."

Here then the subject is put to silence, for "none other people knoweth our language", therefore the Lord, and not man, had to interpret, after the people were all dead. And, as Paul said, "the world by wisdom know not God", so the world by speculation are destitute of revelation; and as God in his superior wisdom, has always given his saints, wherever he had any on the earth, the same spirit, and that spirit, as John says, is the true spirit of prophesy, which is the testimony of Jesus, I may safely say that the word MORMON stands independent of the learning and wisdom of this generation.

Before I give a definition, however, to the word, let me say that the Bible in its widest sense, means good ; for the Saviour says according to the gospel of John, "I am the good shepherd"; and it will not be beyond the common use of terms, to say that good is among the most important in use, and though known by various names in different languages, still its meaning is the same and is ever in opposition to bad. We say from the Saxon, good; the Dane, god; the Goth, goda; the German, gut; the Dutch, goed; the Latin, bonus; the Greek, kalos; the Hebrew, tob; and the Egyptian, mon. Hence, with the addition of more, or the contaction, mor, we have the word MORMON; which means, literally, more good.

Yours,
JOSEPH SMITH

Times and Seasons, vol. 4, p. 194 (1843)

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God

Last edited by WeatheredWoman : 03-12-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:12 PM   #88
facelessman
USER INFO »
so whats your point? if you havent noticed we stopped all this crap
Old 03-12-2004, 04:20 PM   #89
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by facelessman) so whats your point? if you havent noticed we stopped all this crap

This post was directed to H_D Face!! And according to the "we stopped all this crap"-thingy : FREEDOM OF SPEECH my boy!!! Never heard of???

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...

Old 03-12-2004, 04:46 PM   #90
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) My religion. I dont believe in religion, it is used for controlling people.

My thoughts exactly.

And Faceless? I know that we will agree to disagree but what's wrong with venting??? No one needs to tell this woman to kind of "shut up" in other words! Didn't mean to scare you of though...

Souls...
Go...
Sow...
Grow...