++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Slash Announces MYLES KENNEDY as Frontman For Upcoming Tour!

I thought this deserved it's own thread...I'm speechless.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/slash/...h/286502578527

Quote: Blog from Slash
Today at 6:55pm
Hey, how is everybody?
Things are ramping up towards the release of my solo record, there's a lot of cool shit going on.

But, more importantly, there is the George Lopez's "Help Haiti Benefit" show at the Nokia Theater tomorrow night. I am performing a couple songs with Beth Hart. Who, if you are not familiar with her is a 1st rate blues/R&R singer/song writer. But go to click here for the list of special guests & click here to get tickets.
Raising cash for devastated Haiti has to be at the forefront of everybody's minds right now & will need to be for some time so we can help them rebuild.

On another note, Ernie Ball, Guitar Center & I have a couple new campaigns, the details of which are at ernieball.com & yournextrecord.com. I'm really into the idea of inspiring young guitar players & discovering new talented R&R bands & unleashing them unto the world. Up & coming Rock & Roll talent is getting largely overlooked in the business these days & I want to change that.

Also, I want to announce that Myles Kennedy is going to be fronting the band for the upcoming tour. Something I'm really stoked about. Myles sang a killer track on the record & I think he is by far one of the best Rock & Roll singers out there today. I'm really honored & proud to be working with him. I will announce the other band members shortly.

Lastly, we're starting to route the tour. I want all my fans to follow me on Twitter & tell me what city/country they're from & to tell all their friends & family in that city/country, who are fans, to do the same. I want to get a really good idea on where my fans are, even the obvious major cities & focus the tour around that. So if you're from Alaska or Zimbabwe or anywhere in between I want to hear from you. Follow me at Twitter.com/slashhudson

That's it, I'm excited about the new record & about the band I'm putting together for the tour. I've been jamming around town with everybody & their brother for the last year & I can't wait to get out & do my own show finally. It's going to be a gas.

See you soon,
Slash iiii|; ),

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
Agent D
USER INFO »
Re: Slash Announces MYLES KENNEDY as Frontman For Upcoming Tour!

Wow, awesome news. What band is it that Myles is gonna be singing for? GNR? Velvet Revolver? Some new band?
Old 02-04-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

It's for Slash's solo tour, no other band members have been announced that I know of...

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
BSC
USER INFO »

This is epic!

Is Slash coming to the UK?!?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) It's for Slash's solo tour, no other band members have been announced that I know of...

Oh okay. I didn't even know he had a solo album coming out.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #6
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

yournextrecord.com i like that The Best Of The Best Of The Best Getting Better Thanks For Posting Ya,alls this is truly overwhelming Orion Must Truly Be In Line cant wait ya,alls BLESSINGS AND PEACE BE WITH YA,s
Old 02-06-2010, 05:23 AM   #7
nickmiller71
USER INFO »

I'm actually not a big fan of this.... I mean, good for Myles, it's a great marketing thing, but Slash is highly overrated.... Let's hope this doesn't take away from the possibility of Myles doing a solo tour with his own backing band...
Old 02-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nickmiller71) I'm actually not a big fan of this.... I mean, good for Myles, it's a great marketing thing, but Slash is highly overrated.... Let's hope this doesn't take away from the possibility of Myles doing a solo tour with his own backing band...
im happy and to uplifting the momeant slash is one of my favorite gutiar players and muscians for that matter so ya,alls its like my hayday that these artist are working together ya know your happy now PEACE Nick
Old 02-06-2010, 11:10 PM   #9
rangers41394
USER INFO »

this gives creed time to tour and support full circle
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45 PM   #10
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

yeah peace ranger dude Indeed It Does very much perferctly Its Been A Year For circles AND GLORY TO GOD Nobody Wants To Be Left Out From This Tour and circles We Needed So Much Ya,alls This Is An AMAZING Cross Over To These Guys Working Together I May Have To Go In A Quick SPEACH Forgive Me Steve Just A Few Words I Wont Take Over The Thread I Promise Its Just A Overwhelming Blessing To See This Day For Me While Im Still In School Ya,alls It Feels Like A Punshiment So Help Me Lord For What My Mama And Daddy Did,nt To WE MUST KEEP HOPES ALIVE Why It Was It Was The Sound Of That Old Gibson That Inspired Me To Write That Inspired To Play By Ear To Just Write My Song And That Sound Got Me Through My Life As A Child AND Even To This Day THAT Is Just A Overwhelming Blessing To Have Everybody Working Together In Music So Within My boundries I speak A lot of GLORY TO GOD Everybodys Fighting They Own Good Fights That These Players And Singers DO Bring Me Peace And Comfort When Nothing Else Really Does Thats Good Enough For Me And In Boundries And Relativtiy Of Whats Going On In The World Today In Our Faith And So Forth I Just Want Everyone To Know Do Not Give Up Hope And And Let Not The Darkness Of The Past Or Present STOP Our Works Today As They Will Try Looking Foward To All The New Stuff I ENCOURAGE everyone TO KEEP PLAYING THE LORD Will Gives Us Our Strengeth In Needs In Due Season Let Not The Shadows Ya,alls Block The Sun From The Abundance OF THE ALMIGHTY Again PEACE Ya,alls ........
Old 02-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #11
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Slash confirmed that they'll be playing stuff from AB, GNR, VR, Snakepit & Myles' solo stuff on the tour. I'm anxious to hear what AB songs they choose to do...to be honest I'm not really for it because no one can play them like Mark and the rest of the guys but ah well.

http://slashfansunited.blogspot.com/...and-songs.html

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #12
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dark_Knight) Slash confirmed that they'll be playing stuff from AB, GNR, VR, Snakepit & Myles' solo stuff on the tour. I'm anxious to hear what AB songs they choose to do...to be honest I'm not really for it because no one can play them like Mark and the rest of the guys but ah well.

http://slashfansunited.blogspot.com/...and-songs.html
I expect AB fans to be angry then? Because they sure were when Stapp went solo and played Creed songs.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:27 AM   #13
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Yeah it's not going over too well... but we'll see. I have no idea why Slash would want to do that though, I could maybe see Myles busting out an acoustic version of one of AB's tunes, it's just weird.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #14
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Update from Slash...

"Will have Asian & Australian tour dates in about a week. Then Europe, then South America."

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #15
BSC
USER INFO »

I'm not against Slash playing AB stuff, but it'll be incredibly weird!

I'm not gonna bother posting on ABB.net, I haven't checked over there yet, but I can only just imagine what it's like after this news.