++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-14-2004, 07:10 AM   #16
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) the lyrics apart from some creed songs (such as is this the end) are as good as most of creed's material.....its better than the songs its similar too such as my sacrifice......and sorry some of you girls but myles vocally is much better than stapp.

I disagree on all 3 comments but to each their own right? We all aren't going to like the same things.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:34 AM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
this comparissons to My Sacrifice... c'mon... it's the same rig and same tuning... therefore it has the same type of sound, but it's completely different IMO.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:47 AM   #18
farmgirl
USER INFO »
Currently:
I'm not disagreeing with the similarities to My Sacrifice, I disagreed that OYE was better than My Sacrifice.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:04 PM   #19
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) honestly its a song tremonti could write in his sleep but i really do enjoy the song a lot. the lyrics apart from some creed songs (such as is this the end) are as good as most of creed's material (which was an area of concern for me) and its got such a big hook. it does sound a lot like creed but its better than the songs its similar too such as my sacrifice.

flip's drumming is better, the solo is cool (i thought it was too quick for the song but i now get it) and sorry some of you girls but myles vocally is much better than stapp. he makes the song only with tremonti's solo IMO.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I do disagree that the lyrics are as good as most of creed's material.....especially just based on one song....once I see the rest I may change my mind....but I doubt it. If Tremonti could write that in his sleep.....he needs to wake the hell up. As for being a better song than My Sacrifice....hell NO. I agree that apparently some things about it are similar to My Sacrifice, but its not better. I've never said Myles wasn't talented vocally......but if I don't like the guy's voice....I simply don't like it. If we were required to base what we liked musically on what was considered a better quality voice or someone who was formally trained.....wouldn't we all be required to love opera then? Who is better isn't always what people like...so don't say I'm wrong for not liking it...I really don't care if vocally Myles is better. I get in moods where I listen to old Bob Dylan....and his voice sends some people into convulsions....they hate it. I have people on other message boards calling me stupid cause I don't see the genius in Myles Kennedy.....sorry. I can agree to disagree, but don't call me stupid for simply not liking something.

It all comes down to what you like and what you don't. I played OYE for a co-worker of mine today.....she isn't actually a great Creed fan, but she said it sounded just like Creed until she heard Kennedy's voice...she didn't care for the song....I asked her if she would buy the CD and she just simply said NO.

I've listened to the song multiple times (at VH1, as it is not being played in my area on the radio)......it's not growing on me and I doubt it will.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:28 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That's right, everybody IS entitled to their opinion. And Handmedown wasn't ripping people or calling people stupid who don't like the song. He was simply stating his opinion. I think you're a little too sensitive.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:40 PM   #21
goddess_bb
USER INFO »
I have not heard it yet..but history shows that the odds are aganist AB because usually when a band splits and trys to go solo..examples when Aerosmith split in the early 80's..when Tommy Lee from Motley Crue tried to go solo..flops..okay before you start to bash me..I know AudioSlave is the exception and maybe Beyonce...but the fans want the old music or a updated version from the orginal band...I think alot of it is luck plain and simple and how many get that lucky twice??
If these guys were smart they would have a back-up plan no band lasts forever or is sucessful forever..except maybe Metallica...
Someone tries to hide himself
Down inside himself he prays
Someone swears his true love
Until the end of time
Another runs away
Separate or united
Empty or insane
And be yourself is all that you can do
All that you can do

Be Yourself~Audioslave

~Ignore me, I dare you~
Old 07-14-2004, 01:59 PM   #22
musiclover291
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by goddess_bb) I have not heard it yet..but history shows that the odds are aganist AB because usually when a band splits and trys to go solo..examples when Aerosmith split in the early 80's..when Tommy Lee from Motley Crue tried to go solo..flops..okay before you start to bash me..I know AudioSlave is the exception and maybe Beyonce...but the fans want the old music or a updated version from the orginal band...I think alot of it is luck plain and simple and how many get that lucky twice??
If these guys were smart they would have a back-up plan no band lasts forever or is sucessful forever..except maybe Metallica...

Time will only tell if Alterbridge and Stapp solo will make it. I think if the music is good and come from their souls then the fans will follow. People may disagree but I think Stapp is going to be very successful because he follows his passion and heart when it comes to his craft and also he is good at business and marketing and he's great writer. Alterbridge I don't won't to pass anymore judgement until I hear the entire CD and see them perform I think Mark, Flip, and Brian are talented Myles voice is good. However, I not sure if they as business savy.

Just my opinion
Old 07-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #23
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) That's right, everybody IS entitled to their opinion. And Handmedown wasn't ripping people or calling people stupid who don't like the song. He was simply stating his opinion. I think you're a little too sensitive.

And I didn't say HE was calling me stupid, did I? That is happening at another message board.

He did, however, insinuate that I didn't realize that Kennedy is more vocally talented that Stapp. To which I replied it really didn't matter to me who is the more talented, if I don't care for the person's voice. What one person likes compared to another doesn't make one person bad based on what their opinion is. I wasn't trying to start an argument, and was simply stating MY opinion.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:51 PM   #24
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Please keep the other stuff from other boards out of here, thank you.

Handmedown stated his opinion about the talents of Myles; he did not insinuate that you didn't realize that Kennedy is more talented than Stapp. It was his opinion, as stated, that Myles is more talented. You take things way too personally. Lighten up.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #25
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by farmgirl) I'm not disagreeing with the similarities to My Sacrifice, I disagreed that OYE was better than My Sacrifice.

I didn't say that about you. Those comparissons are made everywhere.

But it doesn't matter ... anything I play with that settings will sound like My Sacrifice.... that was my point.