++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 03-04-2004, 12:30 PM   #76
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Ive been to Los Angeles before. When I left to LA i left with high hopes completely ignoring what everyone else told me. When I arrived.... oh crap, they werent kidding. Los Angeles is the ugliest city in the world. LA can make south bronx seem like paradise
Old 03-05-2004, 12:23 PM   #77
Aimee
USER INFO »
Julbright... find Scotty? I found the Nelson Twins, isn't that good enough??? So does anyone know where my dream location is yet?
Old 03-06-2004, 08:58 AM   #78
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Aimee) Julbright... find Scotty? I found the Nelson Twins, isn't that good enough??? So does anyone know where my dream location is yet?
LOL the Nelson twins YIKES!!!!!! Do they still have long blonde hair?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 03-06-2004, 01:35 PM   #79
RMadd
USER INFO »
I live in the St. Louis suburb "city" of Crestwood. It's really nice there, a "Tree City, USA". That means there's lots o' green space. We're roughly 15-20 minutes from downtown (on a good day, that is). Got everything we need here: a mall, grocery stores (here and in neighboring 'burbs), a Wal-Mart nearby, 2 Targets. The high school is pretty good, and seems to be on the other side of the current state budget crisis, despite having some of the lowest property taxes in the state (the district encompasses Crestwood and parts of other incorporated and unincorporated "cities"). It's a very nice place to live. Right now, though, I'm in Springfield, MO, attending college. It's not too shabby, yet. Got about 4 Wal-Marts each 3 miles away (only one Target, though)... got a Domino's pizza and a Taco Bell just off campus, so that's always good. Nice place, it's growing on me (I initially wasn't enamored by the prospect of living down here); only problem is that college students evidently have trouble finding part-time jobs while attending here (there's SMS, plus Drury U, Evangel U, Baptist Bible Coll, the community college... all in a town of under 400,000). Luckily I've got a job back home that enables transfer to a location down here, so I'll take 'em up on that offer when I work during school next year.

Old 03-06-2004, 04:47 PM   #80
Sheila63
USER INFO »
First of all, thank you, whitebird for starting this thread and thank you to everyone who's shared info about where they live. I've really enjoyed reading them all.

I currently live in Bloomfield, Connecticut but I spent most of my life in another town in CT, Windsor. It's known as the first town that was settled in CT although there's been an ongoing battle for that title with another town claiming that they were the first town. I'm about 10 or 15 minutes from the capital city of Hartford which is known as the insurance capital of the world and so I guess it makes sense that I work for an insurance company.

Windsor is a quiet town with a town green where various activities happen throughout the year. Every May, there's a Shad Derby Day Festival to celebrate the shad returning to some of our local rivers. On that day, a parade is held and finishes in the center of town where activities are held throughout the day. We don't have alot of big stores or malls so we have to go to other towns to do any other kind of shopping except for groceries.

Some of you mentioned how bad the drivers are where you live, well they're bad here too. It's one extreme or the other here, either people are poking along or they're flying, LOL. Most of the time, people here in a hurry to get wherever they want to go.

One of my favorite things about living here is the change of seasons. The fall is my favorite time of the year with the brilliant colors of the autumn leaves, the crisp air and clear blue sky. It's just beautiful. The winter and summer can be tough. We've had winters where we've received over 100 inches of snow and like this past January, we had seven days where the temps were below zero and that's not counting the wind chill factor. The summer weather can get really hot and humid. We usually get more humidity than heat and I'd rather have it the other way around.

Overall, I'm very happy living here although there are other parts of the country that I think I would be happy living in too.

Relearn Love
Old 03-07-2004, 03:21 PM   #81
Toprak
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Toprak Send a message via MSN to Toprak Send a message via Yahoo to Toprak
Nicknames: Toprak, TipSiz
Picture: http://tipsiz.hypermart.net/Toprak.jpg
Live in: Istanbul, TURKEY
People living in Istanbul: 15 million and getting crowded everyday
Age: will be 29 on the 8th of march (by the way happy b'day amy)
Favorit film: Dead Poets Soc., Star Wars
Favorit actress: Al Pacino, Robert De Niro
Work: self-employed
Family: single
Favorite Writer: Charles Bukowski

any more ?
Old 03-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #82
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Hey and welcome Toprak! Hope you enjoy the board; a lot of friendly people here!

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 03-07-2004, 07:23 PM   #83
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Hi, Toprak and welcome to CreedFeed. Thanks for sharing some info about yourself and where you live.

Relearn Love
Old 03-07-2004, 08:36 PM   #84
whitebird
USER INFO »
Dear Steve, Is there any way we could include a map of the world, and put in a little star for each of the members posting? We are spanning the globe here at CreedFeed, and it is your baby. I love it!!!

Toprak, welcome to you, and thank you for posting. I am a person who is in need of knowledge. By learning about others, and the experiences that their lives hold, I feel we are all able to travel the world thru the eyes of another.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #85
PaulMcCoygirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Dear Steve, Is there any way we could include a map of the world, and put in a little star for each of the members posting? We are spanning the globe here at CreedFeed, and it is your baby. I love it!!!.

That would be cool if we could do that map thing. I'm all for it!

Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Toprak, welcome to you, and thank you for posting. I am a person who is in need of knowledge. By learning about others, and the experiences that their lives hold, I feel we are all able to travel the world thru the eyes of another

That was very nicely said Whitebird.

---------------------------------------------------

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worth while.
So when you are lonely, remember it's true
Somebody somewhere is thinking of you
Old 03-08-2004, 09:33 AM   #86
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
WELCOME ABOARD!!!!! Toprak!

Hope you'll enjoy this board as much as I do!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-08-2004, 09:39 AM   #87
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by whitebird) Dear Steve, Is there any way we could include a map of the world, and put in a little star for each of the members posting? We are spanning the globe here at CreedFeed, and it is your baby. I love it!!!

I agree!!! That's an AWESOME idea whitebird
Love to see in which area exactly you all live in the biiiiiig U.S. of A.

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 03-09-2004, 10:02 PM   #88
Aimee
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) LOL the Nelson twins YIKES!!!!!! Do they still have long blonde hair?
One of them does...He was wearing a red VELVET SUIT with flowy cuffs in the middle of summer...weird. The other one was really nice. He actually went out of his way to indtroduce his brother to me. Uh, they are producing a boy band.