++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #31
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Clips of Full Circle Up on Verizon!

Quote: (Originally Posted by derko) it has hit potential...the rest is sub-average rock stuff.
How can you tell from a 15 second clip? I wouldn't start judging it until you hear the whole record.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:36 AM   #32
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by derko) full circle and the song you sing are the only songs which are good...

unfortunately creed changed their unique sound of the previous albums. they really should put all their money in a great music video for "full circle". it has hit potential...the rest is sub-average rock stuff.

unique sound? lol you don't listen to much music do you... ever heard of pearl jam, metallica, or alice in chains? creed borrowed from each quite a bit.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:35 AM   #33
Icedmofo
USER INFO »

I think he meant the unique sound within the breadth of their work, not compared to other music, you misunderstood him.

No band is a "unique" sound, they all were influenced by the bands that came before them.

It's really not the style or "sound" of their music that makes full circle that much of a departure from their old stuff, it's the lyrical content.

Some writers can just write and write prolifically and all their stuff is great, some get one album then run out of gas, some only have one songs worth.

I think it's a period of adjustment for all of them, they've been apart for a long enough time that the writing chemistry "train" they had going has been derailed and it's going to take writing together for a bit before they get back into the groove of what they used to do.

They've also all gone in totally different directions musically, so all of that is weighing in to what's on the album. Everything emotionally effecting a writer effects what they write. If they got back together and tremonti was feeling cautious about what was going to happen, it would effect his writing. If stapp had something going on in a similar way then it would effect his writing. It's just all speculative and hard to say what the actual reason is.

If, for the sake of argument, things never went bad between the members of creed and they kept on going for the last 6 years, the album would be totally different because they wouldn't have cut off that chemistry they had and had to try to rekindle it.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:46 AM   #34
derko
USER INFO »

i don't like pearl jam...

nevertheless i just wanted to say that people except creed sound when they buy "full circle"...black ice by acdc was so sucessfull cause people got what they expected... the unique acdc-sound... while chinese democracy by gnr sucked. it had nothing to do with gnr imo.

say what you want but i can't find anything comparable to mop, human clay and weathered.

"full circle" for example is a good rock song imo, but it fits actually more to staind than creed.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #35
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by derko) i don't like pearl jam...

nevertheless i just wanted to say that people except creed sound when they buy "full circle"...black ice by acdc was so sucessfull cause people got what they expected... the unique acdc-sound... while chinese democracy by gnr sucked. it had nothing to do with gnr imo.

say what you want but i can't find anything comparable to mop, human clay and weathered.

"full circle" for example is a good rock song imo, but it fits actually more to staind than creed.

dude... seriously? what are you on. full circle sounds like stained? i dont even know what to say to that... it has a lot of blues riffs in it, just because its in a low tuning doesn't mean it sounds like staind... you really need to listen to more music if you think that song sounds like staind, it does not at all, really.

if people expect a "creed sound" when they buy full circle then they are missing the point of full circle... the band have said themselves that this is going to be different from their other albums... thats the point!.. why make another album that sounds like their other ones? ac/dc sucks because of that, they keep making the same album over and over... i mean if you want creed to just put out the same thing over and over than why not just listen to their old albums over and over?

i really gotta say i disagree with your musical taste, im guessing you don't have anything on your ipod that isn't in the adult top 40, and thats just sad.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #36
derko
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) dude... seriously? what are you on. full circle sounds like stained? i dont even know what to say to that... it has a lot of blues riffs in it, just because its in a low tuning doesn't mean it sounds like staind... you really need to listen to more music if you think that song sounds like staind, it does not at all, really.

if people expect a "creed sound" when they buy full circle then they are missing the point of full circle... the band have said themselves that this is going to be different from their other albums... thats the point!.. why make another album that sounds like their other ones? ac/dc sucks because of that, they keep making the same album over and over... i mean if you want creed to just put out the same thing over and over than why not just listen to their old albums over and over?

i really gotta say i disagree with your musical taste, im guessing you don't have anything on your ipod that isn't in the adult top 40, and thats just sad.
are you serious? i prefer ac/dc's black ice (old school) than f.ex. gnr's chinese democracy (new metal).
what do you mean with "adult top 40"?
i just love good fuckin classic rock from ac/dc to zz top. "full circle" sounds pointless to me. i'll give the album a better listen...no doubt...but i don't expect much after the preview clips. scott's voice doesn't sound rough enough, the tunes aren't catchy...

don't get me wrong...i really like mop, weathered and hc...but this won't be successful, i guess. nevertheless it's good to see the boys back in business.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #37
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by derko) are you serious? i prefer ac/dc's black ice (old school) than f.ex. gnr's chinese democracy (new metal).
what do you mean with "adult top 40"?
i just love good fuckin classic rock from ac/dc to zz top. "full circle" sounds pointless to me. i'll give the album a better listen...no doubt...but i don't expect much after the preview clips. scott's voice doesn't sound rough enough, the tunes aren't catchy...

don't get me wrong...i really like mop, weathered and hc...but this won't be successful, i guess. nevertheless it's good to see the boys back in business.

hey at least were getting guitar solos this time... like real guitar solos not those 8 note melodies in dont stop dancing or with arms wide open
Old 10-21-2009, 01:51 AM   #38
josha31042
USER INFO »

Anyone else noticed people with youtube posts of the new 15 second clips getting suspended? Also, Verizon has taken down everything to do with Full Circle in their library, other than Overcome and Rain.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:55 AM   #39
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by josha31042) Anyone else noticed people with youtube posts of the new 15 second clips getting suspended? Also, Verizon has taken down everything to do with Full Circle in their library, other than Overcome and Rain.
Yeah WU took all of mine down... luckily my account wasn't suspended lol I'm backing up all my stuff right now just in case though.

One Nation. Indivisible.