++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 11-21-2003, 11:34 PM   #1
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
There seems to be two distinct different creation stories in Genesis. The first one is found in Genesis 1 and the second one in Genesis II.... what do you make of that? Any thoughts on what it means?
Old 11-21-2003, 11:49 PM   #2
creedsister
USER INFO »
ya know what bgivens i could tell you that,,but ya what i would just be waste of time,,,bc you still question my anwser,,,and i dont feel like banging my head up against a brick wall,,,,,,PEACE
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-22-2003, 08:52 PM   #3
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
no, there's not. read them again.
Old 11-22-2003, 09:01 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
and yes you are right,,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 11-22-2003, 09:02 PM   #5
creedsister
USER INFO »
and yes you are right,,
Old 11-23-2003, 07:04 PM   #6
bgivens33
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-creedsister+11-22-2003 04:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedsister @ 11-22-2003 04:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> ya know what bgivens i could tell you that,,but ya what i would just be waste of time,,,bc you still question my anwser,,,and i dont feel like banging my head up against a brick wall,,,,,,PEACE [/b][/quote]
I don't understand. I don't think I've been anything but open-minded and level headed in the past. I'm not making fun of anyone's belief... I'm just trying to understand what I saw as two creation stories. My professor presented it in class the other day and it got me thinking. How do creationists defend it? Was my professor reading into it wrong? I have read it several times and in the Genesis 2, it says God created animals and plants after man.... opposed to before him. In Genesis 1, God creates man and female at the same time, opposed to in Genesis 2, he creates Eve out of Adam's rib. I'm not trying to argue that it never happened, I just want to know everyone's opinion on the matter. You should be glad I'm questioning your answer, Christians historically and as a religion have grown much more out of persecution than acceptance.... even though I'm far from persecuting you.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:32 PM   #7
knifer
USER INFO »
There is a difference between questioning just for the sake of questioning - all the while congratulating oneself on your superior intellect - to gain knowledge, and questioning to gain wisdom.

Yes, your professor is wrong. It is two accounts of the same event, different points of view, if you will. Since he is a professor, I'm sure he presented an unbiased presentation.

What is it you seek, knowledge or wisdom?
Old 11-25-2003, 06:04 PM   #8
bgivens33
USER INFO »
That is the argument I've heard but I still can't explain the differences. The reason I'm questioning is because I had always grown up thinking that it was just a retelling of the original story. In this class, I was presented scripture where the two stories contradict eachother. I am now confused about what was really happening. I don't think I have superior intellect, actually, I think I'm far from it. The plan was to ask some creationist what there take on it was. I'm sorry to have been argumentative with you... you don't have to answer the question if you don't want to.

p.s. of course his take on things is biased... he teaches mythology on the college level. But, you can still pull the facts out of a biased opinion when you have the scripture right in front of you.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:51 AM   #9
knifer
USER INFO »
Ok, if you are seeking to really know, and not just start argument, your best source of information would be a minister who is conservative. Try the Baptist Student Union on your campus.

But if you really are trying to start yet another "creation vs. evolution' argument, I'll stay out of it.

Jeesh. Had enough of those on the old creednet.