++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #46
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah that!!
Old 09-25-2005, 01:54 PM   #47
PrtytilImPurple
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah that!!

People can love them all they want. Thats no insult to me. Most people who support Stapp and wished all of them the best of luck were pretty turned off by the way Alter Bridge promoted themselves. A few people thought it was pretty tacky behavior and probably cost them quite a few Creed fans.Now I'm readin that Alter Bridge fans are actually emailing radio stations asking them not to play Stapp's song. Sad thing is if they were so confident in Alter Bridge why are they so intent on ruining stapp's debut. Its startin to look quite like an act of desperation to me.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #48
Chase
USER INFO »
Exactly... I love Alter Bridge... but hate the way the handled themselves. They get mad at Stapp for promoting Creed... but the whole time the promoted themselves on being the 3 good ones in Creed!
Old 09-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #49
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Exactly... I love Alter Bridge... but hate the way the handled themselves. They get mad at Stapp for promoting Creed... but the whole time the promoted themselves on being the 3 good ones in Creed!

That was Win-Up not AB that promoted themselves like 3 ex members of Creed
Old 09-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #50
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Yeah, and Stapp is promoting himself much more like an ex Creed member than AB is. But I suppose these two guys thinks that they hated the way AB "promoted" themselves by telling the truth about Stapp and his personality. Like in that Karreng interivew, you know? I can't say that they are right, 'cause I don't know. But I believe them, since Stapp was the one that was drunk or whatever on that Chicago show and he was in several bar frights, gained weight, cancled gigs, etc. No wonder they got tired of him!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #51
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Yeah, and Stapp is promoting himself much more like an ex Creed member than AB is. But I suppose these two guys thinks that they hated the way AB "promoted" themselves by telling the truth about Stapp and his personality. Like in that Karreng interivew, you know? I can't say that they are right, 'cause I don't know. But I believe them, since Stapp was the one that was drunk or whatever on that Chicago show and he was in several bar frights, gained weight, cancled gigs, etc. No wonder they got tired of him!

He gained weight because of the predisone. If you've read anything about that drug(and I have, because I have recently had some sinus problems myself), you'd know that because it is a steroid, it can cause one to become bloated and gain weight. Stapp claims that the predisone was to blame for that ill-fated Chicago show. And you know what? Based on what I know about that drug, I believe him. As for the canceled gigs, again, it all goes back to how sick Stapp was with whatever he had during that Weathered tour and also that car-crash. How can you be angry with Stapp for canceling tour dates when he was physically unable to perform? Would you be angry with Myles for canceling dates if he had the same health problems as Stapp did?

I'm sorry, but when I hear AB fans talking trash about Stapp and his personal life, I kinda get a bit ticked off because they do not truly know Stapp, so who are they to criticize that stuff? Likewise, I feel the same way when some Stapp fan talks trash about Mark or Flip or Brian or Myles' personal life. It just seems pointless. Let's stick to the music.

I think what Chase was trying to say was that Mark, Flip and Brian have tried to, in a way, portray themselves as angels, while making Stapp out to be the devil. I do not think that he meant that they are promoting themselves as 3 ex-Creed members.

Getting this back to the original topic, I heard The Great Divide on Music Choice for the first time today. MC still gives a good amount of airplay to Creed, and they have given a good amount to AB, so I think they'll probably do the same for Stapp.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 09-25-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #52
Frankie
USER INFO »
Speaking of Music Choice Titan...

http://www.musicchoice.com/channels/rock.asp

Last week's top 10
1. SCOTT STAPP "THE GREAT DIVIDE" (Not Available)
2. DEFAULT "COUNT ON ME" (TVT)
3. DISTURBED "STRICKEN" (REPRISE)
4. TAPROOT "CALLING" (ATLANTIC)
5. AUDIOSLAVE "DOESN'T REMIND ME" (INTERSOPE)
6. TRAPT "STAND UP" (WARNER BROS)
7. NICKELBACK "PHOTOGRAPH" (Not Available)
8. FOO FIGHTERS "DOA" (ROSWELL/RCA)
9. AVENGED SEVENFOLD "BAT COUNTRY" (WARNER BROS.)
10. 3 DOORS DOWN "LIVE FOR TODAY" (UNIVERSAL)
Old 09-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #53
Evil_wizzzard
USER INFO »
Sorry Stapp fans, but the Great Divide is CRAP... I'am very dissapointed in him. And his voice is still bad... as the whole Weathered period...

I hope that the other songs on his solo CD will be much much much better than this shitt!
Old 09-25-2005, 07:41 PM   #54
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) Speaking of Music Choice Titan...

http://www.musicchoice.com/channels/rock.asp

Last week's top 10
1. SCOTT STAPP "THE GREAT DIVIDE" (Not Available)
2. DEFAULT "COUNT ON ME" (TVT)
3. DISTURBED "STRICKEN" (REPRISE)
4. TAPROOT "CALLING" (ATLANTIC)
5. AUDIOSLAVE "DOESN'T REMIND ME" (INTERSOPE)
6. TRAPT "STAND UP" (WARNER BROS)
7. NICKELBACK "PHOTOGRAPH" (Not Available)
8. FOO FIGHTERS "DOA" (ROSWELL/RCA)
9. AVENGED SEVENFOLD "BAT COUNTRY" (WARNER BROS.)
10. 3 DOORS DOWN "LIVE FOR TODAY" (UNIVERSAL)

Sweetness! That's some real good songs in the top 5(alright, I know Default isn't that good, but I do like that single). It's so good to see Stapp already getting this airplay, as I feel that it is a good indication of what is to come. Something tells me that this solo CD is gonna be extremely successful.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:05 PM   #55
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) Sorry Stapp fans, but the Great Divide is CRAP... I'am very dissapointed in him. And his voice is still bad... as the whole Weathered period...

I hope that the other songs on his solo CD will be much much much better than this shitt!

My words!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-26-2005, 03:47 AM   #56
guesswhosback
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Hey listen!! I don't like you and you don't like me either, but please try not to keep this conversation on the low level that maches your intelligence!

Yeah, and since, right now, AB has 26% and Stapp 19% AB is crushing Stapp! Yesterday night AB had 29% and Stapp 19%. Face it, AB is winning! Why? Well, they must have a bigger fan base! I highly doubt Stapps solo album will sell more than ODR.

thet says more about you than it does about me...
Old 09-26-2005, 04:07 AM   #57
guesswhosback
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) He also said that Alter Bridge would crush Stapp. Back in February Soundscan numbers indicated that One Day Remains had sold 372,000 CD's. The last Soundscan numbers I've seen for One Day Remains stood at 379,000. A band that has only sold seven thousand CD's in eight months really shouldn't have fans bragging that they are crushing any of the competition. Now you people will all say that sales don't indicate the quality of an album. But sales do determine whether a band makes it in the music business.

Soundscan acutally reports sales of a CD. But even then its numbers aren't exactly accurate because lots of retailers report more than one CD for everyone sold to try to make up for the retailers that don't report to Soundscan. If that's true, then that 379,000 number may actually be an overestimate.

Go to that station in Chicago and look at the list that shows the songs recently played. They are calling the song Metal and not Metalingus and you will notice that it never shows up on the playlist.

Well, with a little luck it probably wont be too hard for Stapp to sell more than that....
Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 AM   #58
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) He gained weight because of the predisone. If you've read anything about that drug(and I have, because I have recently had some sinus problems myself), you'd know that because it is a steroid, it can cause one to become bloated and gain weight. Stapp claims that the predisone was to blame for that ill-fated Chicago show. And you know what? Based on what I know about that drug, I believe him. As for the canceled gigs, again, it all goes back to how sick Stapp was with whatever he had during that Weathered tour and also that car-crash. How can you be angry with Stapp for canceling tour dates when he was physically unable to perform? Would you be angry with Myles for canceling dates if he had the same health problems as Stapp did?
Wait a minute! I wasn't angry with Stapp or insulted him for that reasons. You just asumed I did. The only thing I said was that I understand Mark, Flip and Brian for "leaving" Stapp when he didn't want to write anymore material for Creed after a long break. And they said in that Karreng interview that there was a genue dislike for Scott for a very long time, and I suppose they just had enough with him. Stapp seemed to have a tough time growing up and I think that has really effected him and his way to be. I really don't think he's an easy person to be around.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'm sorry, but when I hear AB fans talking trash about Stapp and his personal life, I kinda get a bit ticked off because they do not truly know Stapp
Oh, and you do? And again, I wasn't talking trash about him, I said I understood AB!

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Let's stick to the music.
Yeah, I hear you.

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I think what Chase was trying to say was that Mark, Flip and Brian have tried to, in a way, portray themselves as angels, while making Stapp out to be the devil. I do not think that he meant that they are promoting themselves as 3 ex-Creed members.
Yeah, but that's not at all true. Brian admitted that he took drugs back in Creed and that he did stupid stuff he shouldn't had done. And that Stapp wasn't really that angle he claimed himself to be.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #59
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
I'd download the song last saturday. Now that I've listened the full version, I must say....I hate the bridge! Is strange and his voice is too much bass, but I don't hate the song at all. I hope there better songs in the album.

Peace.

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 09-26-2005, 09:26 AM   #60
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Evil_wizzzard) Sorry Stapp fans, but the Great Divide is CRAP... I'am very dissapointed in him. And his voice is still bad... as the whole Weathered period...

une, deux, trois