++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-19-2004, 06:57 AM   #31
chafin24
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremontirocks!) mmmmmm i guess its true then, creed r really breaking up... I'm gonna miss Scott's singing, he is my idol...I'm in a band and always look up to him....But oh well, guess I'll hav to move on. I am now looking forward to the new band tremonti has formed, only question is who is the singer? Anyone reckon it might be Brett Hestla? If not, where does this leave him? This is really disapointing, he joined creed to tour, so he virtually gets the boot too! Brett coudda still been in his band if it were'nt for this, its really disapointing. His band rocked...But oh well, looking forward to tremontis new band

brett hestle is not working on this project with mark tremonti.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:47 AM   #32
JenRN
USER INFO »
Looking forward to what Mark puts out, but still REALLY want to know the real deal behind the "break up". But I guess it really is none of our business. I do have to say I will greatly miss Stapp as the front man, he is the initial reason I was so attracted to CREED. Like the saying goes "all good things must come to an end". They are all so talented I am sure whatever they put out will be incredible. I do have to admit I REALLY liked the "music" and "depth" of CREED better when Marshall was in the band. CREED just had so much more of a raw edge to them. Weathered was my least favorite album of the three. We have to wait until August to here the new stuff, gee that seems so long.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-19-2004, 10:52 AM   #33
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremontirocks!) only question is who is the singer?
my friend who knows some ppl close to mark said that it's someone from Chicago...
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremontirocks!) Anyone reckon it might be Brett Hestla? If not, where does this leave him? This is really disapointing, he joined creed to tour, so he virtually gets the boot too! Brett coudda still been in his band if it were'nt for this, its really disapointing. His band rocked...But oh well, looking forward to tremontis new band
accaully... i really didn't like Virgos that much...

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by TremontiWanaB : 01-19-2004 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:04 AM   #34
creed_sweden
USER INFO »
dude...heres some more pictures...

3 with Mark

http://www.prsguitars.com/namm04/namm.html
Old 01-19-2004, 11:13 AM   #35
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Omg!!!!!!! Hollowbody Single-cuts!!!!!! Holy Shit!!!!!!!!!! Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!@!!!!
http://www.prsguitars.com/namm04/ima...ndbluearch.jpg

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-19-2004, 11:18 AM   #36
JenRN
USER INFO »
OMG those PRS guitars are so damn cool!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-19-2004, 11:48 AM   #37
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Well ... if that's all true, then that's really disappointing!

Personally, I think that's really messed up! I guess that's what Scott meant when he said his biggest disappointment was realizing that the people close to him cared more about how much money he could continue to make instead of worrying about his health.

Wow ... I can't believe they did that to him.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:51 AM   #38
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) Well ... if that's all true, then that's really disappointing!

Personally, I think that's really messed up! I guess that's what Scott meant when he said his biggest disappointment was realizing that the people close to him cared more about how much money he could continue to make instead of worrying about his health.

Wow ... I can't believe they did that to him.
THAT'S NOT WHY HE's TAKIN ANOTHER YEAR OFF!!!! He's doin a Solo PROJECT!!!!!!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-19-2004, 11:54 AM   #39
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB) THAT'S NOT WHY HE's TAKIN ANOTHER YEAR OFF!!!! He's doin a Solo PROJECT!!!!!!
Oh really??? Did they call you personally and tell you that. I'm sorry ... I didn't know you had inside information.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:15 PM   #40
musicman
USER INFO »
Can someone tell me what this KARMA thing is besides my name, I have a "10" and I don't know what it means.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:17 PM   #41
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
either it's good... or bad... i dunno how it works,... we'll have to ask steve...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-19-2004, 03:06 PM   #42
chafin24
USER INFO »
while we wait for the mark tremonti new band project cd to come out, and if people still want to hear brian marshall play bass then checkout headheavy.com they have songclips and a bb and pictures of the band on the website.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:07 PM   #43
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
went there yesterday... took i peep in the BB... but didn't sign up...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 01-19-2004, 07:44 PM   #44
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I'm intrigued. And confused...

So that long extended break talk is now break up for good talk? Or the extended break still counts?

As far as I know, soon after Weathered tour ended, Mark said he was "itchy" to be playing again. And we know he never stopped writing.

Now if Stapp wants to extend the break... it's his choice. Of course the others shouldn't be waiting for him to do what they love. I think it's ok to have a side project and when Stapp is ready, they can come back re-energized!

But what led Stapp to do that... maybe he doesn't want to, but it's doing it for Jagger. Can you honestly blame him for that? I don't think so. Father's love is pretty awesome. Work-Life balance. I've been working in HR for six months and I saw top executives quitting their well-paid jobs so they could move to smaller cities/spend more time with family... they have their reasons.

But it's unfair to say Mark and the others are stabbing him in the back just because they want to move on.

I think everything will come for the good of them. Even if it means the end of Creed, which will be pretty sad. But we should be happy for them, right?
Old 01-19-2004, 07:52 PM   #45
Chrispy
USER INFO »
Well said Tremonti Fed...I have been thinking the exact same thoughts since reading all the comments from NAMM. I think that Stapp and Mark are just in different chapters of their lives right now. Mark wants to keep doing what his heart is telling him, make music and tour. And we really don't know what Scott's heart is telling him, but like you, I would guess it has to do with his son.

I just wish them all the best, and, I hope that time will lead them back together to the same chapter.