++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-07-2003, 11:29 PM   #16
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
CREEDdence Clearwater this weekend.....(you young ones probably never heard of them   )

oh, they may not have heard of them but they certainly do know their songs! like that one about the rainbow and some others (sorry, I don´t remember the titles)! Their songs are practically on 20% of the movies! :P
Old 05-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #17
Thomas
USER INFO »
My apologies for thinking Badly Drawn Boy was unknown in the US, he doesn't get nearly enough credit he deserves. I've been getting stuck into Shaman as well.

Oh and last week i went out and bought a pile of Pearl Jam albums so they're getting a good seeing to. I've got every U2 album as well.....you can't beat a bit of U2.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:36 PM   #18
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I´m not really into PJ and U2
Old 05-09-2003, 11:45 PM   #19
Tremonti_Cobain
USER INFO »
am I the only one here who likes Oasis ?! (their music, i know it's impossible to like their attitude )
Old 05-09-2003, 11:55 PM   #20
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, tremonti_cobain...I liked a few of their earlier songs, but not enough to buy a CD. Aren't they the group with the brothers Gallagher who are always fighting?
Old 05-10-2003, 11:16 PM   #21
Tremonti_Cobain
USER INFO »
yeah, that's them... i'm a big fan, have all the albums and singles and a lot of demos, and in my opnoin the b-sides are a lot better than the a-sides, I think that they choose the wrong songs to put on the albums...
Old 05-11-2003, 12:11 AM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I can´t stand Oasis... but that album with wonderwall and don´t look back in anger is their best one, imho.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #23
mamm1234
USER INFO »
The Rising, U2, have PJ's Riot Act but i have to listen to it more before I see them in July.

Also love Pink.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:05 PM   #24
benkenobi
USER INFO »
I got the 3DD album, VonRay's debut album, and the new Saliva album circling around in my stereo with the usual Creed stuff.
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 05-12-2003, 10:16 AM   #25
JenRN
USER INFO »
I have been listening to a lot of Matchbox 20 newest Cd, it is pretty good! And of course all 3 Creed Cd's NEVER leave my deck!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 05-12-2003, 02:59 PM   #26
Charmin
USER INFO »
Re: Re: What is everyone listening to

Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
What's up with Mad At Gravity? The lead singer's gone and I think one of the guitar players left. Are they still together? I saw them twice open for Jerry Cantrell, but I can't say I liked them too much.

I didn't know this happened to Mad at Gravity. They still have a website and nothing has been mentioned there.

We saw them in August-and we really liked them. Hubby is an old rocker and former drummer from long ago-he said they remind him of King Crimson. I thought they were very good-they has a very clean fresh sound. Their drummer was excellent-he had this uncommon feel for the songs they were playing and added lots of xtra kicks and power plays...but that's just my opinion-which probably doesn't really matter in the scheme of things.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:57 PM   #27
benkenobi
USER INFO »
Coldplay...both "Parachutes" and "Rush of Blood" albums back 2 back. Ahhh...this stuff could just put me to sleep right now...nice relaxing music.

:snooze:
What's beyond it?"
- "Save Me" (Alter Bridge)
Old 05-12-2003, 10:08 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Re: Re: What is everyone listening to

Quote: Originally posted by Charmin
I didn't know this happened to Mad at Gravity.  They still have a website and nothing has been mentioned there.

We saw them in August-and we really liked them.  Hubby is an old rocker and former drummer from long ago-he said they remind him of King Crimson.  I thought they were very good-they has a very clean fresh sound.  Their drummer was excellent-he had this uncommon feel for the songs they were playing and added lots of xtra kicks and power plays...but that's just my opinion-which probably doesn't really matter in the scheme of things.

LOL, not true. You are entitled to your very valid opinion! I do agree with you about the drummer. He was the only one who stood out in my mind as I recall. I just couldn't take the lead singer and his antics on stage, I guess. They seemed contrived, his antics, that is. I also saw them at the end of their tour with Jerry Cantrell, and it wasn't long after that they announced the singer was leaving. Maybe they were having difficulties then. I just remember thinking they were going through the motions. The bass player also had no presence, either. Plus, he had thin skin, as some in the crowd were really heckling the band and he flipped them off and said some things to them after their performance. The drummer worked his a** off, though.

I can't remember where I heard the info on Mad At Gravity, but there was a mention of the singer leaving the band on their web site...maybe it has since been removed, but I remember going there after I heard about the singer leaving. It might have been ReadJDM from this board who told me about it.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:35 PM   #29
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
i have been listening to alot of acoustic stuff...
Old 05-27-2003, 06:06 PM   #30
creedgirl99
USER INFO »
A Cheap Trick cd.....