++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #1
Creed_Defaultgirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A Reminder.........

I know you've probably read this before, but I would like to point something out......

" I dedicated 10 years of my life to Creed, and we're still together," he said. "Scott [ Philips ] is a plus-two handicap. He's working on his golf game. And Mark [ Tremonti ] is producing and writing and doing kind of a heavy, guitar player's dream band, and we're all good friends. We love each other and we're just enjoying life right now." Now, I've still seen a little bit of doubt of the band still being together, enough to notice, and c'mon, why would Scott lie to us about the band still being together or not??? And, he has said it atleast twice, on the statement above, and on the craig kilborne show. I just wanted to bring this up, it makes me feel alot better, and hopefully other people feel better about the band situation.
"...My beaten heart is in your hands, What I really need is shelter, And a chance to relearn love, Teach me all over, All over to relearn love, Show me again, So I can relearn love, The comfort of your arms around me, Your tender hands caress my head, I lay beside you, I'm not worthy..."
Relearn Love~Scott Stapp
Old 04-12-2004, 09:30 PM   #2
Kim V.
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) I know you've probably read this before, but I would like to point something out......

" I dedicated 10 years of my life to Creed, and we're still together," he said. "Scott [ Philips ] is a plus-two handicap. He's working on his golf game. And Mark [ Tremonti ] is producing and writing and doing kind of a heavy, guitar player's dream band, and we're all good friends. We love each other and we're just enjoying life right now." Now, I've still seen a little bit of doubt of the band still being together, enough to notice, and c'mon, why would Scott lie to us about the band still being together or not??? And, he has said it atleast twice, on the statement above, and on the craig kilborne show. I just wanted to bring this up, it makes me feel alot better, and hopefully other people feel better about the band situation.

Yes, I agree; I'd like to keep seeing the up-side of this situation too, and choose to believe they all just needed to take a break from being Creed, and "do their own thing" for a while, then regroup. Tons of other bands have done it, and they've come back rockin', so I believe they will too. I think they can all be successful in whatever else they choose to pursue, because they are all very talented individuals that happened to make music magic together as Creed, but also have what it takes to diversify in other areas individually as well. I didn't take it so well at first, the news of them "taking a break from Creed", but time has let me see the possibilities in their talented futures. I keep praying, of course, that it IS just temporary and they WILL regroup, stronger than ever.

If there's one thing I hope I showed you... Just Give Love To All

Next Time I See This Face, I'll Say I Choose To Live For Always....So Won't You Come Inside and Never Go Away

There's Still Time...All That Has Been Devastated Can Be Recreated.....Realize, We Pick Up The Broken Pieces Of Our Lives, Giving Ourselves to Each Other, to Rest Our Head On
Old 04-12-2004, 09:34 PM   #3
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
As of now, the band isn't broken up. Why would the label want the fans to know that the band is unofficially broken up if they're going to release a compilation at the end of this year? It could affect album sales.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:08 PM   #4
Shadow
USER INFO »
Good way to stay positive.

Bon Jovi went through this same situation (taking a break). Jon and Richie couldn't even look at each other, much less speak to each other. (And if I remember correctly it was after the tour for their third album).
Old 04-12-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) As of now, the band isn't broken up. Why would the label want the fans to know that the band is unofficially broken up if they're going to release a compilation at the end of this year? It could affect album sales.

well you've certainly changed your tune! I agree with the orignal poster we should accept Scott's words. Perhaps this hiatus will become something more permenant but all offical word including from the lead singer points to them coming back as Creed down the track. I don't think its some conspiracy TOM to help album sales, announcing a break-up would probably only enhance album sales because people would know this is their last chance to buy a Creed album.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:22 PM   #6
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) well you've certainly changed your tune! I agree with the orignal poster we should accept Scott's words. Perhaps this hiatus will become something more permenant but all offical word including from the lead singer points to them coming back as Creed down the track. I don't think its some conspiracy TOM to help album sales, announcing a break-up would probably only enhance album sales because people would know this is their last chance to buy a Creed album.

It would worry fans and possibly make them furious. The last thing Wind-Up wants to do is announce that the band is broken up before an album is out. The band has pleanty of time to make up and saying the band has broken up is too much of a pre-mature thing to say.

Last edited by Trees of Wisdom : 04-12-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:29 PM   #7
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) It would worry fans and possibly make them furious.

at a certain other board i would say you were far less positive and gracious, i'm all for keeping the peace but be honest with everyone as well. those who don't check fan sites and the like probably are not emotionally involved to an extent that they would become furious although they would obviously be dissaponited. i don't think it would hurt sales though......
Old 04-12-2004, 11:33 PM   #8
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) at a certain other board i would say you were far less positive and gracious, i'm all for keeping the peace but be honest with everyone as well. those who don't check fan sites and the like probably are not emotionally involved to an extent that they would become furious although they would obviously be dissaponited. i don't think it would hurt sales though......

On the mt.net boards, there were a lot of Stapp fans that kept posting negative comments towards Mark and his decision to "not wait up for Scott". It was just plain chaos. If the speculation that the band is broken up made some people angry, imagine an official announcement by Wind-Up.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:45 PM   #9
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) On the mt.net boards, there were a lot of Stapp fans that kept posting negative comments towards Mark and his decision to "not wait up for Scott". It was just plain chaos. If the speculation that the band is broken up made some people angry, imagine an official announcement by Wind-Up.

i think an offical announcement would be preferable to constant speculation, sure there would be an initial shock (like when Soundgarden broke up) but at least people would know what is going on. I say better to rely on the words of Scott Stapp then someone who said they spoke to someone connected to the band. As for the mt.net board IMO that place is a bit of a cesspool of Stapp hate and taking sides to the extreme.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:51 PM   #10
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i think an offical announcement would be preferable to constant speculation, sure there would be an initial shock (like when Soundgarden broke up) but at least people would know what is going on. I say better to rely on the words of Scott Stapp then someone who said they spoke to someone connected to the band. As for the mt.net board IMO that place is a bit of a cesspool of Stapp hate and taking sides to the extreme.

There are just mixed emotions between the band members. They're just taking a break. If after their side projects they feel the same, then they'll break up, but for now Creed is on a break.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:17 AM   #11
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by Kim V.) I didn't take it so well at first, the news of them "taking a break from Creed", but time has let me see the possibilities in their talented futures. I keep praying, of course, that it IS just temporary and they WILL regroup, stronger than ever.
I defenitly agree, and I was the same, I was devestated at first and when I think about it, I still am, but I am now more excited than anything about the new solo projects. Of course, I want them to get back together more than anything in the world, but I am defenitly positive about them going solo. Not meaning that I want them all to do that, but meaning that I think they will do well.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) There are just mixed emotions between the band members. They're just taking a break. If after their side projects they feel the same, then they'll break up, but for now Creed is on a break.
Geesh, who are you, Scott Stapp?
I think it's weird for fans to say, I mean you have just confirmed to all of us that they are "just taking a break" But are you inside their heads? Do you see them everyday? Heck, do you live with Mark Tremonti? Because as far as I know, they might not be doing that. I mean yeah, that's what it looks like, but we don't actually know what is fully going on, we just get the information.

And Creed_Defaultgirl, thanks for sharing that, where did you find that information? j/w
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-13-2004, 02:47 AM   #12
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
who knows what the future holds for them..
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 04-13-2004, 03:25 AM   #13
Echelon122
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed_Defaultgirl) I know you've probably read this before, but I would like to point something out......

It's called PR.

Just like Chicago, I'd rather hear the truth or just have him shut up about it. Sometimes it's better to just be quiet about it and not always perpetuate a lie.

It's stuff like this that makes me lose respect for a person.

They're on a break for a reason, and I still hope that somewhere down the road things will heal.

I might be a newbie here, but I've been
around a long time.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:34 AM   #14
tremontirocks!
USER INFO »
Creed Will Never Die Woooooooooooooooo
Old 04-13-2004, 11:43 AM   #15
Gabriel
Mark's Brother
USER INFO »
You hit the nail on the head Echelon, it was good PR. You have to remember that Scott is a very skilled and deft interviewee. He's been doing it for years. On the flip side, Mark is not as polished and tends to be straight up honest which is why you have not seen him do an official interview yet. Now, before the Stapp fans jump on me understand that I am not ripping on him, I'm just saying that the two of them are different in that respect.

Michael
Closed Thread