++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-18-2004, 07:11 PM   #16
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
K. Well, I misunderstood you, I though you were saying he wasnt a baritone or something. Im not saying you would get the same thing from him, just that he could physically do it.
It wouldnt seem right to me if TP played Creed stuff...that's all, and im glad AB isnt. As much as I love Myles, its best to leave the Creed stuff to the Creed guys.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 10-18-2004, 07:24 PM   #17
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedlvr) I am not saying Myles "can't" sing them. Obviously, we all know he has had vocal training. That is was not the point. The point I was making in saying that AB couldn't pull it off was that people just wouldn't be accepting of hearing any voice other than Scott's singing those songs. Scott can pull it off because with him singing, the songs would sound the same as they did with Creed. People recognize the voice and relate to it. They don't necessarily identify with who is playing the guitar (except for the die-hard guitar fans.) As long as the backing band plays the songs properly, the songs will sound the same. They won't with Myles (or anyone else) singing them.

Wrong, that is just wrong. I notice people that are not hardcore guitar fans notice the guitar even more than the vocals. Plus i doubt who ever plays with scott won't sound the same as Tremonti and the gang. Effects/Guitars/Drums/Playin style/Bass stuff like that. Stop assuming that your point of view is the right one.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:46 PM   #18
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) APC, VR, Audioslave, none of them did this, cuz they wanted their music to stand on it's own. I would have a lot more respect for Stapp if he would do the same. I have respect for AB and Myles not doing it.

actually Velvet Revolver do perform a few STP and Guns and Roses songs at their shows

here's a setlist

01. Sucker Train Blues
02. Spectical
03. Headspace
04. Superhuman
05. Crackerman (STP cover)
06. Mr. Brownstone (GN'R cover)
07. Fall to Pieces
08. Big Machine
09. Illegal I
10. Do it for the Kids
11. Set Me Free
12. Used To Love Her (GN'R cover)
13. Sex Type Thing (STP cover)
14. It's So Easy (GN'R cover)
15. Slither
16. Negative Creep (NIRVANA cover)
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 10-18-2004, 07:50 PM   #19
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I don't think there is anything inherently WRONG with Scott performing Creed songs as a solo artist, I just think it doesn't show much class from his side of the table or scream out confidence in his new material...

well first off you are contridicting yourself with this comment...saying you don't see a problem with it...but it's classless and lacking confidence...and in my book, if that is how you see it, then it is WRONG in your eyes..and apparently in the eyes of a lot of other people.

Mark and stapp both worked on this music together in one way or another...Mark has chosen to distance himself from playing Creed music..because that is not what Alter Bridge is about...fine and dandy...stapp has chosen to support the CGH project (whether it is by his own choosing, or the labels, or both, as we, the public, are nothing more than spoonfed just enough information so we think we know something, when we really don't) and in turn will be singing some of the songs ALONG with his solo project.

THERE IS NO SHAME IN THIS, NOR IS THERE A LACK OF CONFIDENCE BEING SHOWN...

The only thing i see is a bunch of people that claimed at one time, to be Creed Fans and have taken it upon themselves to chastise, and at times become downright hateful about the choices that have been made...

why can't people just be patient...in the end it will all work out, and i have a feeling that many will be quite surprised, and others will realize that their premature judgements were unfounded...continuing to "gripe" about excutive decisions no one has control over accomplishes nothing.

again...just MY opinion...
Old 10-18-2004, 09:44 PM   #20
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DangerousDan85) actually Velvet Revolver do perform a few STP and Guns and Roses songs at their shows

here's a setlist

Ah. Well, i will be far more edjumacated in a few days, i get to see VR this sunday....
This is the first I had heard of it, but as far as doing covers...i dunno. I think its just a time thing.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 10-18-2004, 09:48 PM   #21
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) The only thing i see is a bunch of people that claimed at one time, to be Creed Fans and have taken it upon themselves to chastise, and at times become downright hateful about the choices that have been made...

why can't people just be patient...in the end it will all work out, and i have a feeling that many will be quite surprised, and others will realize that their premature judgements were unfounded...continuing to "gripe" about excutive decisions no one has control over accomplishes nothing.

I agree with you!

And as far as Scott not having confidence in his own material - that's a joke because he thinks just the opposite. He has already proven himself with Relearn Love - it's classic Scott all the way. No matter what Scott does - it will always sound like Creed because Scott was the voice of the band.

There is no reason whatsoever why he shouldn't sing the songs he wrote while in the band. I certainly would rather that then a cover song.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 PM   #22
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
well... I believe Stapp is doing Creed songs coz:

1. he can't sing those new songs due contract issues
2. somone needs to promote the Greatest Hits album that's coming soon

that's how I see it
Old 10-19-2004, 06:59 AM   #23
StillACreedFan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) well... I believe Stapp is doing Creed songs coz:

1. he can't sing those new songs due contract issues
2. somone needs to promote the Greatest Hits album that's coming soon

that's how I see it
Makes sense to me.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:28 AM   #24
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) He has already proven himself with Relearn Love - it's classic Scott all the way. No matter what Scott does - it will always sound like Creed because Scott was the voice of the band.

Relearn Love doesn't sound like Creed IMO.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-19-2004, 11:41 AM   #25
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
^^^^^^^^^ What he said.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-19-2004, 01:21 PM   #26
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Relearn Love doesn't sound like Creed IMO.

I agree, i almost fell asleep listening to Relearn love. No joke.....
Old 10-19-2004, 01:37 PM   #27
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Wrong, that is just wrong. I notice people that are not hardcore guitar fans notice the guitar even more than the vocals. Plus i doubt who ever plays with scott won't sound the same as Tremonti and the gang. Effects/Guitars/Drums/Playin style/Bass stuff like that. Stop assuming that your point of view is the right one.
I totally disagree ... and yes ... that is MY opinion. I think you're the one assuming that your point of view is the right one. The bottom line is ... some would agree with me ... and some would agree with you.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:30 PM   #28
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Relearn Love doesn't sound like Creed IMO.
I meant the lyrics and when you listen to his voice on certain words - it just reminds me so much of some of the songs he sang in Creed.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:23 PM   #29
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I meant the lyrics and when you listen to his voice on certain words - it just reminds me so much of some of the songs he sang in Creed.

The song reminds you of Scott Stapp because it's Scott Stapp, but that's it. It sounds nothing at all like Creed.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:06 PM   #30
Torn Daredevil
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom) The song reminds you of Scott Stapp because it's Scott Stapp, but that's it. It sounds nothing at all like Creed.

Ditto