++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-08-2004, 11:29 AM   #61
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Believe me.......

Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) Anyway, I was just kidding on the post above! Jackass posts sort of...

Don't take it seriously! This board is too tense lately!

I take NOTHING you say seriously......
Old 01-08-2004, 11:30 AM   #62
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Then they interviewed him and he said he has never lost at anything in his life. He admitted he doesn't play poker but said he was gonna read about it and he was gonna win. (this is Scott coming off as arrogant - whether he was told to be or not - he was

No blinders on here, but just a comment....
If you happened to watch the other four episodes that preceded this one, when they do the little interviews with the other players, they ALL came off as a little arrogant. I'm sure this was somewhat scripted by the creators of the show in order to build up our anticipation of how agressive the players would be. Who would want to watch someone mope about not being good enough to hold their own in the group? Confidence is ALWAYS more attractive than apathy.

edited:friggin typo

Creed~~Bullets

Last edited by Jez : 01-08-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:33 AM   #63
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Tom Green asked how to get a drink and Scott makes a very obvious comment about the drink server who was basically a vegas showgirl type with very skimpy clothing on - Stapp says she right there you can't miss her It was clear what he was thinking about
Could be ... but if I saw a girl that looked a bit "voluptuous" even if I didn't think she necessarily looked good ... I would still say you can't miss her.

Okay ... maybe I don't want to think my Scott looks at girls that way. Well then again ... I also don't want to think that he doesn't look at girls that way. (<--- these are rose-colored! )
Old 01-08-2004, 11:38 AM   #64
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Then the poker got hot and heavy and Stapp was a bit
VERY confused!
Quote: When he was thinking about his hand - he looked like this yes that would be his tongue sticking out - and contrary to what one healthy woman would think it was not all that attractive to see that tongue hanging out in such a manner.
Definitely NOT one of his more attactive looks!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:42 AM   #65
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Scott was surprised to lose several times - he seemed to think he won and was shocked and taken aback when they said someone else won. I thought for a split second he was going to be :angry: but he did handle himself nicely and would be a good sport
I noticed that too! He really didn't know why he lost! That's why it was soooo funny!
Quote: Some would say he seemd a little and clueless and should feel a little embarrassed
Maybe ... but again ... it was funny ... and kinda cute!
Quote: When he was eliminated, he joined Tom Green in the lounge where he probably ended up by the end of the evening ( this is pure speculation on my part - and it is not a judgement - I would get drunk in vegas too - so just take a : ok? )
He did look quite happy and eager to accept!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:44 AM   #66
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) So, even though he didn't win the big pot for WAWOF - he did win $5000 for them and we got to see him!
He really didn't win anything. All the "losers" automatically received $5,000 just for being on the show. Oh well ... take it however you can get it!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:45 AM   #67
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) Sometimes I feel like I'd like to him upside the head and get him to snap out of whatever it is he seems to be going through. BUT he is still my Scottie and I will always him! I am a devoted : and would still love to with him any time. He is so important to me and I would worship the ground he walks on if it was ever near enough to me
My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! I couldn't have said it better!
Old 01-08-2004, 12:06 PM   #68
Frankie
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jez) Middle of October....18th or 19th I *think*. It was the weekend immediately following the couple of days that he and Flip were playing in the Las Vegas golf tourney... Help me out here, Frankie...lol

Regardless of the exact date, it was taped almost a full month prior to...well, you know

Close enough Jez...Taping was from October 17th to the 19th...well before the break-up rumors.
Carrie was talking about everyone having connections to God...pretty sure all Scott said was I'm in a God band...probably referring to how many times he has heard it.

"If you happened to watch the other four episodes that preceded this one, when they do the little interviews with the other players, they ALL came off as a little arrogant. I'm sure this was somewhat scripted by the creators of the show..."

And as one who watched all previous episodes...Jez is exactly right...ALL of the players made statements along the same vein...appearing to be scripted.
Scott looked and sounded great...and again put himself out there to be scrutinized for every word and every action.
And show me a man who wouldn't notice a girl in a room dressed like the drink girl was...and I'll show you Stevie Wonder
Old 01-08-2004, 12:06 PM   #69
Julbright
USER INFO »
arrogance

I realize that they were supposed to be talking smack in their little interview segments - and it was funny. I was trying to be funny but in that I still think his personality comes off that way depending on how you interpret it. I too find his confident presence very attractive. Perception, however, is more powerful sometimes than reality and he has a tendency to turn people off who don't know him by that presence. AND - given how the game turned out - it makes that segment even more pronounced. Just MO
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-08-2004, 12:36 PM   #70
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Frankie) pretty sure all Scott said was I'm in a God band
Boy do I hope you're right!
Quote: And show me a man who wouldn't notice a girl in a room dressed like the drink girl was...and I'll show you Stevie Wonder
... VERY True!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:08 PM   #71
Julbright
USER INFO »
We are going to have to start having relaxation workshops around here - I WAS FRIGGIN KIDDING PEOPLE! I was exaggerating all the stuff trying to be funny!!! Good grief. I know that most men (AND women) would notice a women like that but did he have to say it like that on national television??? It really is no skin off my nose but I just wanted to hang on every word he said and those were not what I was looking for!!
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 01-08-2004, 01:41 PM   #72
Charmin
USER INFO »
I didn't get to see it--I don't get Bravo

But, I think I would have just been happy to see him

I would place no judgement on the way the man looks or plays - I'm no beauty queen or promising poker player myself.

Charmin
Old 01-08-2004, 01:44 PM   #73
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Julbright) I WAS FRIGGIN KIDDING PEOPLE! I was exaggerating all the stuff trying to be funny!!! Good grief. I know that most men (AND women) would notice a women like that but did he have to say it like that on national television??? It really is no skin off my nose but I just wanted to hang on every word he said and those were not what I was looking for!!
We knew you were kidding. And for the record ... I'd prefer not to hear him talking like that either ... it makes me feel like he's cheating on me!
Old 01-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #74
Charmin
USER INFO »
I didn't get to see it--I don't get Bravo

I would place no judgement on the way the man looks or plays - I'm no beauty queen or promising poker player myself.

Charmin
Old 01-08-2004, 03:28 PM   #75
Jooji_2
Banned
USER INFO »
I haven't actually seen it yet either....

Quote: (Originally Posted by Charmin) I didn't get to see it--I don't get Bravo

Charmin

but a tape is on its way. Yeah Charmin, you would think that people would just be glad to see him. I tell ya he must be a glutton for punishment, cause you know he has to know that people will pick apart everything he says and does, but he still did it anyway. I guess people were expecting him to sit there and say nothing and notice no one around him....just not interact? If he had done that not only would he be arrogant, but they would say he was antisocial too.