++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 01-11-2007, 06:00 AM   #1501
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Daily Bread

January 11th

"Petition for Mercy."

A plea to God for mercy presumes that the petitioner is guilty. It is the cry of someone brought low, dishonored, and in need of forgiveness. When God shows mercy, he isn't forgiving that person because of what he or she has done, but because God is compassionate to those who repent of their sins and ask for forgiveness. It is only because of God's goodness that sinners are forgiven. Asaph understood that it wasn't his worthiness but the Lord's greatness that prompted the Lord to rescue him. In light of this truth, Asaph dedicated this prayer to praising God for being so merciful.

Oh, do not hold us guilty for our former sins! Let your tenderhearted mercies quickly meet our needs, for we are brought low to the dust. Help us, O God of our salvation! Help us for the honor of your name. Oh, save us and forgive our sins for the sake of your name... Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will thank you forever and ever, praising your greatness from generation to generation.

Psalm 79:8-9,13

Heaven

Old 01-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #1502
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen,

As it is written for thy SAKE, we are killed all the day long, our sufferments and trials brings us upon low and are acounted as as sheep for the slaughter, AGAIN ACOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER, NAY IN ALL THESE THINGSSSSSSS WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS, THROUGH HIM THAT LOVED US, And Despised these things, FOR I,AM PERSUADED THAT NEITHER DEATH NOR LIFE NOR ANGELS NOR PRINCEIPALITIES NOR POWERS NOR THINGS PRESENT NOR THINGS TO COME NOR HEIGHT NOR DEPTH NOR ANY OTHER CREATURE SHALL BE ABLE TO SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD, Romans 8,32 39,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 01-12-2007, 06:16 AM   #1503
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 12th

"One."

One. Basic, simple, and easy to understand. When we become Christians through faith and baptism into Christ, we are made one with all other Christians around the world. Race, gender, and social status are gone. All that's left is One, the One, Jesus. Our lives are his and thus are connected to each other. Our destination is the same, heaven. Our family is the church. No barriers. No closed doors. We are one.

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:26-29

We may rise and fall, but in the end we meet our fate together.

~Creed

Heaven

Old 01-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #1504
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 13th

"Waiting expectantly..."

Abraham Lincoln once said, "I would be the greatest fool on earth if I did not realize that I could never satisfy the demands of the high office without the help of One who is greater and stronger than I am."

David realized this truth too. Although he was a powerful king, he daily acknowledged his dependence on someone far greater and stronger than he was. Not only did David begin each day depending on the Lord, but he waited expectantly throughout the day to see how God would work on his behalf. When you live each day looking upward, God often sends delightful surprises.

When we don't pray, we quit the fight.
Prayer keeps the Christian's armor bright.
And Satan trembles when he sees
The weakest saint upon his knees.
~WILLIAM COWPER

O Lord, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning... Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

Psalm 5:1-3

Heaven

Old 01-14-2007, 09:07 AM   #1505
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 14th

"Love!"

The word can mean anything. Many in the Christian community have tried to define it by a dictionary or lexicon, not realizing the key word for love, agape, is defined by action. Before Christians got a hold of agape, it meant the same thing our word today does: just about anything! But if you read 1 John, you see what love is by what God does. God demonstrates his love. He asks us to do the same for our brothers and sisters. Love must be more than talk, it must be genuinely demonstrated in action!

If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 John 4:20-21

All you need is love.

~Lennon

Heaven

Old 01-15-2007, 05:56 AM   #1506
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 15th

"God's formula for restoration."

When others wrong us, we cry out for justice. When we wrong God, we cry out for mercy. Fortunately, God is merciful. But if we don't accept his merciful gift of salvation, we are subject to God's justice, the punishment of eternal death and separation from God. Until God sets up his eternal kingdom, where perfect justice prevails, justice will continue to be needed here on earth... Both God's justice to urge us toward his kingdom, and law and order to keep anarchy from ruling. But we would do well to learn some lessons about God's mercy as we mete out justice. While justice provides law and order, mercy provides hope and forgiveness.

O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage.
Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, Lord, for my body is in agony.
I am sick at heart. How long, O Lord, until you restore me?

Psalm 6:1-3

"You have heard that the Law of Moses says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting like true children of your Father in heaven."

Matthew 5:43-45

Heaven

Old 01-16-2007, 05:35 AM   #1507
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 16th

"Glass houses."

How often do we see the evil around us and pray for God's justice? We wonder, Why does God allow this evil to go on! This kind of thinking leads to two of the most common double standards: (1) judging others more harshly than we judge ourselves, and (2) believing God should judge others but remain lenient with us.

The Lord despises double standards because they elevate one person at the expense of others. These man-made standards also lack the mercy of God.

In our cry for fairness, we should not forget the frightening consequences of justice. As sinners, God could justly destroy each of us today for missing the mark of perfection. When we remember that God's patience and mercy block his judgment towards us, we will more likely show others patience and mercy.

The Lord despises double standards of every kind.

Proverbs 20:10

Never pay back evil to anyone. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible. Dear friends, never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God. For it is written, "I will take vengeance; I will repay those who deserve it," says the Lord.

Romans 12:17-19

Don't say, "I will get even for this wrong." Wait for the Lord to handle the matter.

Proverbs 20:22

Heaven

Old 01-17-2007, 05:54 AM   #1508
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 17th

"The stars we are!"

Stars. They've always been a source of constant hope for God's people. "Your descendants will be like the stars," God told Abraham. "When I see the stars, what is man that you are mindful of him?" the Psalms ask. The Wisemen from the East followed a star to Jesus. Luke reminds us that Jesus was a bright star come to us from heaven to shine God's light to those in darkness. And now, we're stars. God's points of light in the dark sky of the universe. So let's make today a day where our light shines God's glory to a dark world around us.

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life.

Philippians 2:14-16

Heaven

Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 AM   #1509
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 18th

"A complaint concerning injustice from my 12 year old..."

Why is it that those who get ahead always seem to be the ones who lie, cheat, and steal? They not only get away with their evil deeds, but their actions are admired and paraded around the world.

~I will ask him to pray; Dear Lord, thank you for watching over me as those around me plot evil…

~And discuss this with him this evening; Daydreaming about wicked people getting their just desserts may bring a smile to your face, but thinking about revenge isn't healthy for your soul. Instead, we should commit the wicked and the evil they do to God in prayer. We can't stop others from speaking lies or taking advantage of us, but we can and should cry out to the Lord who watches over his people. God knows the truth about all people, and he hears and responds to the cry of his people. This truth can give us peace amidst all the evil of those around us.

Help, O Lord, for the godly are fast disappearing! The faithful have vanished from the earth!
Neighbors lie to each other, speaking with flattering lips and insincere hearts.
May the Lord bring their flattery to an end and silence their proud tongues…
Lord, we know you will protect the oppressed, preserving them forever from this lying generation, even though the wicked strut about, and even is praised throughout the land.

Psalm 12:1-3, 7-8

Heaven

Old 01-19-2007, 06:07 AM   #1510
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 19th

"The Golden Rule"

Golden because it's genuine, lasting, and valuable. Imagine how different our world would be if we practiced this principle, not just in our "church life" but in our daily life with our family, with our coworkers and employer, with the people we manage, with the folks on the freeway and in the neighborhoods where we drive, toward the waiters and waitresses who serve us. What a wonderfully different world it would be if the Golden Rule were to be practiced.

In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the prophets.

Matthew 7:12

Heaven

Old 01-20-2007, 05:58 AM   #1511
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 20th

"Hey Ref!!! Are you blind?"

In football, referees tell you whether a catch was made in bounds or not. In tennis, linesmen render instant judgment calls on whether a ball landed in or out. In baseball, umpires signal fair or foul. But in life if often seems as though the game isn't being played fairly and that no one is around to call foul. Flagrant violations of the rules go unnoticed, and so many people are playing out-of-bounds and getting away with it.

Sometimes we do see the harmful effects of playing out-of-bounds ( see Psalm 7:15 or Numbers 32:23 ). But other times the Lord's ruling extends farther than our mortal eye can see. Paul told the Athenians that God "has set a day for judging the world with justice" ( Acts 17:31 ), so we can trust that he will one day set everything right, although we may not see his ruling in our lifetime.

Let us thank God that he is the just Judge over all the earth.

God is a judge who is perfectly fair.

Psalm 7:11

Don't say, "I will get even for this wrong." Wait for the Lord to handle the matter.

Proverbs 20:22

Heaven

Old 01-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #1512
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 21st

"The joy of obedience."

We all live in a web of relationships dependent upon obedience to authority. Like a loving parent, God sets standards for our good and to protect us from evil and harm. God desires obedience motivated not by fear buy by love and trust. Ironically, obedience actually frees us up to enjoy life as God intended, because it keeps us from becoming entangled or enslaved to those things that distract us and cause us heartache. Even though God's command is sometimes difficult, or doesn't make sense from our human perspective, obedience will always bring blessing, joy, and peace.

No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what it right. O Lord Almighty, happy are those who trust in you.

Psalm 84:11-12

This is what I told them: "Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Only do as I say, and all will be well!"

Jeremiah 7:23

Heaven

Old 01-22-2007, 07:29 AM   #1513
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 22nd

"Trust in The Lord."

It is frightening to listen to the decrees made by some of our world leaders. They hold the lives of so many people in their hands, and all too often they seem bent on destruction, not only of themselves, but of as many people as they can take with them. Were it true that they really had the ultimate power, there would be no reason for hope.

We know better, however. The only true power in this world is the power of God, and our fate will not be decided by men and women, but by God. We are created for eternity, and so we do not need to fear the decisions made by corrupt human beings in this age. Our trust is in the Lord of all creation, and in Him there is never reason to fear or doubt.

Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight. Put them in fear, O Lord: that the nations may know themselves to be but men.

Psalm 9:19,20

Heaven

Old 01-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #1514
HeavensOnFire
USER INFO »
Amen And Amen ,

David, IN WHOM SHALL WE FEAR, FOR THE LORD MY GOD IS MY STRENETH MY SHELTER MY ARMOUR AND MY REFUGE, I SHALL NOT FEAR WHAT CAN DO UNTO ME, FOR MY GOD IS WITH ME AND WITH HIS PEOPLE, AMEN, FOR It Is Better To Fear HE THAT IS ABLE TO CAST BOTH BODY AND SOUL IN TO HELL, AMEN, LETS GIVE THE LORD SOMEV PRAISE, TESTIFIY AMEN, Someone once Asked Me, when i was speaking with theme of matters of reward, FOR THE LORD THY GOD GIVETH LIFE, HE GIVETH TO THE POOR HE GIVETH TO THE ORPHANS, JUST AS THE SAME HES GIVES LIFE TO EVERY LIVING THING UNDER THE SUN, GOD IS NOT THE REWARDER OF EARTHLY TREASURES HE IS NOT THE GOLD DIGGER OF YOUR WALLET AND STATUS, HE SHALL SUPPLY OUR NEEDS, BY HIS GIVING WILL, BUT WHEN I AWAKE, I WANNA KNOW THAT HIS WILL IS BESIDE ME, THAT MY GOD IS NOT FAR FROM ME, AND ONE OF THE REMINDERS, OF HIS PROMISE, IS THE AIR I BREATHE, GLORY TO GOD, GLORY TO HIS PRECIOUS REWARD THAT WAS GIVEN TO US FREELY HAAAAAAAAAAAAA WITH OUT WORRY WITHOUT STRIVE WITH OUT WORKS, IS THAT I SHALL NEVER LEAVE THEE NOR SHALL I FORSAKE THEE FOR MY PROMISE IS WITH YOU, GLORYYYYYYYYYYY MAY The Lord Feel Brother Davids Life, For Being So Faithfull Of Sharing The Precious Word With Us Daily, Faithfull Is The Word, And i know how hard it is brother to deliver daily AMEN AND AMEN, KAZILLON BLESSINGS, AND MAY THE PEACE OF GOD BE WITH YOU,
When NO One Else Can Understand Me When Everything I Do Is Wrong You Give Hope And Consolation You Give Me Strength To Carry On, And Your Always There To Lend A Hand In Everything I Do That The Wonder The WONDER Of You And When You Smile The World Is Brighter YOU Touch My Hand And Im Queen Your KISS To Me Is Worth A Fourtune Your Love For Me Is Everything I,ll Guess I,ll Never Know The Reason Why You Love As You Do Thats Just The Wonder The Wonder Of You
Old 01-23-2007, 07:32 AM   #1515
HeavenBesideYou
USER INFO »

January 23rd

"Making time for Him."

A successful corporate leader once said, "It's not that I don't believe in God, it's just that I don't have time for Him. If I did all the things that God wanted me to do, I'd never have time left for business." What a telling statement! Being a Christian means so much more than just believing in the existence of Christ. Many people believe in Christ, but they consciously remove Him from their hearts and minds. They don't have time for Him. Too many people see life in Christ as slavery rather than freedom. They feel oppressed by the only true liberator that exists.

To understand Christ, we must spend time with Him. As Christian people, we need to keep God close by us. We need to read His Word, dwell upon Him in our hearts, and speak of Him wherever and whenever possible. Keep the Lord close by you, and you will never feel alone.

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.

Psalm 10:4

Heaven