++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 09:34 PM   #1
John 3:16
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Are Christians welcome here?

How Christian friendly is this forum?

John
Old 10-14-2002, 11:03 PM   #2
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
This forum is open to anyone that would like to join as long as simple rules are followed -

don't flame others and cause problems
don't flame me
don't bash creed without having a logical reason for the bashing

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-14-2002, 11:34 PM   #3
souldancer
USER INFO »
- and I would like to add my three cents....
don;t bash any NON-Christians, that includes Buddhists, Hindus, atheists, agnostics. etc... just NO nasty bashing of fellow humans. In my spiritual view, we are ALL ONE.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:38 AM   #4
creedfaner
USER INFO »
Currently:
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
- and I would like to add my three cents....
don;t bash any NON-Christians, that includes Buddhists, Hindus,  atheists, agnostics. etc... just NO nasty bashing of fellow humans.  In my spiritual view, we are ALL ONE.

true...but every major religion whorships the same God, the same big man, the same big cheese. In all of the religions, there is one dude (in one-God religions, i am not very fluent in other religions, so correct me if i'm wrong). But the difference between the religions on this earth, is how we got that God. Either through Jesus's preaching, or Muhammad, etc.

So there is no real reason to fight over religion here unless some people from Isreal and Pakistan come here. And/Or, extremists come here. Either way, fighting over religions here is pretty much not an issue. I am guessing most people here are American correct? For the exception of maybe few.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:51 AM   #5
souldancer
USER INFO »
No, I don't believe in fighting over religious views either, unless someone tells me I am going to hell because I don;t believe, as they believe! And if you look at many wars, they have A LOT to do with religious differences....and I bet if you look at our Faith/Religion area on the BB - you will see that it probably has the most contraversy - not that, that is bad. I think we just hold our beliefs SO TIGHTLY to who we our and how we view the world, it is very unique and personal. I agree with ya, CF - there is that One God/Source - but we all get there unique ways. ...like rivers to an ocean. We're all bathing in the same salty sea!
Old 10-15-2002, 12:52 AM   #6
creedfaner
USER INFO »
Currently:
yes...very true! Nicely said there!
Old 10-15-2002, 08:07 AM   #7
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Just remember that I myself have experienced that if you explain with Bible scriptures as to why we Christian believe as we do some get "flamed"... yet people expect for you to back up what you believe with something and not just pull your beliefs out of your rear. and if Christians say that we believe as the Bible states that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Heavenly Father God, then people are "flamed"...but why should we deny what we believe in for the sake of political correctness? Some believe that there are "many paths to God" however that is not my belief and for the most part Christians in general don't believe that either... however there is the occassional exception to the rule. Yet because I don't believe there are many paths to God as the Holy Bible says I am ridiculed and labeled as intolerant... in reality it is "they" who are the intolerant ones.For "they" are expecting us Christians to deny what we believe and to keep our mouths shut... for what Christians believe is not the "popular" thing to believe. Why should we downplay what we believe to be the infalliable word of God? In the beginning Christians were made fun of for believeing certain things... we were ridiculed in the beginning. HOWEVER... THE TIDE HAS CHANGED...People are actually letting Christians speak their peace and letting us be. People are actually respecting us. As it should... they want respect... they need to show respect as well. Christians believe what they believe for a reason. To deny ANY of what we believe all in the name of political correctness is denying our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I wouldn't expect anyone to deny their beliefs and faith. Don't expect me to deny or keep quiet in a public faith and religion forum about what I believe in.

I believe that most realize now that political correctness is not something I do well... never have and never will. I have never demanded that anyone agree with me... nor have I ever demanded that non-christians conform to my way of thinking. However, I will state my opinion as others do, I will not back down, and I will stand strong for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 10-15-2002, 02:25 PM   #8
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
<b>Just remember that I myself have experienced that if you explain with Bible scriptures as to why we Christian believe as we do some get "flamed"... yet people expect for you to back up what you believe with something and not just pull your beliefs out of your rear. and if Christians say that we believe as the Bible states that Jesus Christ is the only way to the Heavenly Father God, then people are "flamed"...but why should we deny what we believe in for the sake of political correctness? Some believe that there are "many paths to God" however that is not my belief and for the most part Christians in general don't believe that either... however there is the occassional exception to the rule. &nbsp;</b>
EXCEPTION HERE!
Lady V, of course you stand strong by your belief, I admire and respect that, just don't suggest that yours is the only way and that mine is not worthy.
No flaming intended here...but I STAND FIRM IN MY VIEWS too. From other conversations like this, it seems often there is a major fork in the road between those that believe by 'faith', and those that believe through 'experience' of God. I travel a path that includes the Christian mystics Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross and St. Francis, along with Emerson and others (IMHO) that bear the insight of being touched by Divine Presence.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:04 PM   #9
creedfaner
USER INFO »
Currently:
my belief shows in some of my songs/poems. I dont think i have showed anyone a song that has a religious influence here yet.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:11 PM   #10
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Souldancer I ask you humbly to clarify something. You say those who have "faith" and those who "experience" God. Are you suggesting that those who have faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior don't "experience" God? How do you know what exactly I experience. Everytime I pray, commune, and meditate I "experience" God's Holy Spirit. There is a sense of love that envelopes me like a bubble. It's pure peace that envelopes me. In that place I find peace and rest. I "experience" my heavenly Father all the time. So I ask again how exactly can you know what any Christian experiences in their heart and soul?

Old 10-15-2002, 08:18 PM   #11
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
So I ask again how exactly can you know what any Christian experiences in their heart and soul?
I only KNOW what THIS Christian feels. My comment was " it seems often there is a major fork in the road between those that believe by 'faith', and those that believe through 'experience' of God." I didn' t even suggest knowing exactly what YOU experience. It was a comment within a previous context.
Old 10-15-2002, 09:09 PM   #12
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Again I ask souldancer are you saying that those who have "faith" in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior do not really "experience" God?

Old 10-15-2002, 09:12 PM   #13
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
My point is that it's not just a person believe by faith and that's it. But rather because of they believe by faith they do experience God in the fullest... as fully as one can this side of heaven, that is.

Old 10-16-2002, 03:17 AM   #14
souldancer
USER INFO »
???? My comment had to do with "belief by faith" and "belief by experience". Very different than having faith in Jesus Christ. Your points have been made. Mine too. I prefer to broaden beyond all these friggin reductionist points. Have you ever seen a forest ?
Old 10-16-2002, 01:47 PM   #15
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Re: Are Christians welcome here?

Quote: Originally posted by John 3:16
How Christian friendly is this forum? &nbsp;

we are very friendly (except for a few stubborn asshats) and you are more than welcome here just dont spread your propaganda here...
Closed Thread