++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #16
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Stapp and AB's relationship

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) You ever have someone do you wrong and when they try to come back into the picture, it's usually because they want something from you? You have to ask yourself; is this person sincere, or just looking to fullfill his or her own selfish needs? Sometimes when you give someone so many chances, is it really worth it when you know what to expect? Is it really worth all the hassle and grief? Let those who are negative in your life go. Life goes on, move on is what I say. If I were Mark I'd do the same - as a matter of fact I have, but with the negative people in my life.

What's that old saying? He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Think about your own lives before you pass judgement.
Exactly. We really don't know the extent of the damage to their relationship, or who's to blame. Some people find it easier to forgive and forget than others. It's all about perception.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:27 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »

We don't, but carrying on this stupid little feud really is doing little good to either side. It's time to move on and stop fighting about the past. It's time to forgive and leave it at that.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #18
J-Man
USER INFO »

I don't think there's a feud at all. As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can forgive, but you don't have to be buddies. Who's to say that Mark didn't forgive him? He may have, but has chosen not to be buddies. I do believe everyone has moved on. The only people who are still fueling the so-called feud are instigators, which are some fans and radio/media people by rehashing old and bad memories (that is several years old). Some of the old Creed fans do it because they want to see a reunion and some of the radio people do it because they think controversey boosts up radio ratings for some DJs with a certain reputation.

In my own experience with people who have wronged/hurt me will sometimes try to get back in the picture, I have chosen not to allow them back into my life, because my life is different now. If I gave them the benefit of the doubt by responding to them, then they'll think that they can re-enter my life, which is what I don't want. Giving them the impression that "we're friends" again is false hope. The reason I don't want to be friends with the negative people from my previous life is because I have moved on to better things that is healthy for me. Think of your past relationships. Also think about your old jobs. If you couldn't stand your boss or your work environment, you chose to leave to find other work where you will be better off. Do you see yourself going back to something that made you unhappy? I think not.

Last edited by J-Man : 11-14-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »

I'm not saying they need to be friends. All I'm saying is Mark's adding of "but I've heard it all before...I can't trust the guy" was unnecessary. Same with the things he's said in previous interviews about Stapp. I understand they're asked constantly about Creed, and I think, at this point, a simple "we're not going to comment anymore on the past" is sufficient. The same goes for Stapp.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #20
J-Man
USER INFO »

I've got news for you, Mark isn't the only one saying "I've heard it all before...I can't trust the guy" Scott's old fans are saying it too especially when he say's "I've changed." But it's all water under the bridge.

Last edited by J-Man : 11-14-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #21
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by J-Man) I've got news for you, Mark isn't the only one saying "I've heard it all before...I can't trust the guy" Scott's old fans are saying it too especially when he say's "I've changed." But it's all water under the bridge.
Obviosly.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #22
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

nagpo your a nag shut yo lips you charlie murphy.........
Old 11-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #23
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Creedmarine, let's keep the disagreements limited to the topics. Personal attacks aren't tolerated here.

Titan, I see your point, but I'd rather he at least be honest about how he feels, rather than cover up his feelings with pat, predictable safe answers. Maybe he hasn't been able to move on. Maybe he's still angry and bitter.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #24
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) nagpo your a nag shut yo lips you charlie murphy.........

seriously tho, i loled.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:53 AM   #25
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Titan, I see your point, but I'd rather he at least be honest about how he feels, rather than cover up his feelings with pat, predictable safe answers. Maybe he hasn't been able to move on. Maybe he's still angry and bitter.

I don't see why he has to bring it out into the public, though. I mean, I don't blame him for being angry and bitter about how things played out. I would be, too. But I think he'd be more respected if he took the high road and let that anger stay private.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #26
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

nagpo baby im just being cool man nothing personal........ forgive me broda? dogstar.. why you get so pissed off....... you dont even know me.. we always have these serious convo's but it doesnt hurt to try to laugh with one another every now and then.... take a chillz pillz mon....us from jamaica just lookin for a good time amongst ourselves..........
Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I don't see why he has to bring it out into the public, though. I mean, I don't blame him for being angry and bitter about how things played out. I would be, too. But I think he'd be more respected if he took the high road and let that anger stay private.
Well, Stapp made things quite public with is Chicago performance, which might have been the straw that broke the camel's back for Mark. Now, at first they kept it all quiet and private, but maybe he just got tired of the endless queries from the media. I do blame the media for not letting it go, but Creed was a big band at the time and more than a few people (read some of the old posts here) really wanted to know what was up. I'm not making excuses for the media or the hunger the public seems to have for the private details of celebrities' lives, but it is what it is, and the man has a right to answer the questions honestly, especially when Stapp makes public overtures about reconciliation and the love he supposedly has for his former band mates. For all we know, his public comments may be his taking the high road. They may be a lot tamer than what actually happened.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creedmarine81) nagpo baby im just being cool man nothing personal........ forgive me broda? dogstar.. why you get so pissed off....... you dont even know me.. we always have these serious convo's but it doesnt hurt to try to laugh with one another every now and then.... take a chillz pillz mon....us from jamaica just lookin for a good time amongst ourselves..........
Ehh, I'm not pissed off; I'm just reminding you about the protocol here, is all. Sometimes humor doesn't show through in a post .
Old 11-16-2007, 12:44 PM   #29
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

true dat dogstar....... nothing personal... its all good...... with arms wide open broda
Old 11-16-2007, 07:36 PM   #30
creedmarine81
USER INFO »

fuck it screw mark.. i dont know about you all .. ever sit down and watch them videos .. the guys in the band besides stapp you could see jealousy written all over their face.. lets face it guys.. if scott stapp never came out with tremonti, and phillips .. they would never have made it to the big time... creed was the right combo, time and place... for tremonti and phillips to move on thats cool and all but get to the root of shit and bring yourselves back down to earth.. yeah we all know stapp fucked up but common who doesnt... even if you want to never hang with the guy again.. try and remember the good and not just the bad.. we as a human race only want to see the bad and all the good seems to dissappear.. scott stapp has done many good things in his life... for one bringing music so people like me and you guys can air out on a website about some awesome music for one.. we need to stop bashing the guy.. he sings good.. he performs awesome. (ive seen him live) and he has a good heart when it all comes down... im sorry but im sick of mark and the others trying to make their move more then creed... it never wiil and never can.. creed was magic for the time it was out there and will always be.. if people talk down on them then their full of shit.. listen to the words the music and soak it up... its good stuff and positive words through the hard times... i dont care what anyone opinions or says if creed got back together it would mean so much to music cuz quite honestly right now rock needs someone or some band to step up....... sorry tremonti your one of the best guitar players ever.. and yeah myles can sing but he is not scott stapp and he never will be.. your song died out in this area of california the first week it came out and i havent heard you guys on our rock station for about a month.. give it up you guys arent creed and never will be as good.. i can say for my comments i dont care if i get kicked off.. i love creed.. they were good and if you dont like my opinions then oh well ... this website is called "CreedFeed" not alterbridge so if you choose to let me go at least i left saying and sticking for what i believe in... god bless and thank you creed for all the words and good times. god bless creedfeed .............