++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-05-2003, 04:45 PM   #106
aprile89
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
If ya don't like talkin about it go to another thread...it's real simple no one is making you read these posts. All I am doing is venting.... nothing more... nothing less
Old 08-05-2003, 05:01 PM   #107
Julbright
USER INFO »
I didn't mean to offend anyone or tell them that they weren't welcome here - and I don't think my panties are in a bunch! I am not the one with extremely animated postings and shouting and red faces. Nonetheless, it could possibly seem that we are collectively argumentative. Perhaps that is becuase we are being challenged on what we believe in. I am totally content with agreeing to disagree. If I hadn't seen this show live and in person I might possibly be on the other side of the fence. I guess my stance on this thread though is if it bothers someone that we are talking about it - then this may not be the thread for you. And I do resent being lumped together - we all have similar opinions on the matter and I am extrememly annoyed by the whole thing, but as I said before my agenda is to vent and comiserate with my fellow disappointees - not to change the minds of those whose perspective differs from mine. Therefore, I have no reason to really get my panties in a bunch. Please stick around if you like - but don't shout at me. thanks
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-05-2003, 05:51 PM   #108
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Julbright
I just want to reiterate that Chicago IS a big deal because it has shaken up all of what I thought Scott Stapp stood for, it is BECAUSE WE CARE about Scott and understand his character that we are concerned -
I'm sorry, but I didn't see the big "S" on the front of his shirt. People here accuse some of putting Scott and the band on a pedastal, and you just proved that true. What is it that you thought he stood for? Truth, justice and the American way? He's a man, nothing more nothing less.

Quote: understand that the primary issue is minimal respect for fans.
Ok, so what exactly are you demanding? Didn't the fact that they showed up and put on one hell of a show the other 364 days last year show any respect for the fans? If you get an apology, some will be happy, some won't. You will never get an admission of any wrongdoing because that would open a pandora's box of trouble. What is it that you are seeking?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 08-05-2003, 06:04 PM   #109
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Ok, so what exactly are you demanding? Didn't the fact that they showed up and put on one hell of a show the other 364 days last year show any respect for the fans?
Oh come now... you know as well as I do that true nature shows through when trouble comes about. To their credit, they have respected fans in the past when their shows were sub-par due to vocal or technical problems.

But why did Creed essentially say "screw you" to Chicago, and then continue to patronize and lie to them? I don't get it.

Quote: If you get an apology, some will be happy, some won't.
Apologizing is the right thing to due, not to mention the minimal standard of decency.

Quote: You will never get an admission of any wrongdoing because that would open a pandora's box of trouble. What is it that you are seeking?
I'd like to see an apology occur. That would be nice, but I know it's not going to happen; Scott's already dug such a deep hole for himself that's he's going to have to continue to lie.

I'd have to say that the pandora's box of trouble has already been opened. Had Creed AT LEAST issued a personal appology, none of this stuff would have happened. Again, it's a matter of respect. Fans don't like being disrespected and lied to, and some of them will respond by taking "legal" action.

I don't agree w/ the lawsuit, but hey, what did Creed expect? You should treat others as you would have them treat yourself.... it's as simple as that.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-06-2003, 12:29 AM   #110
ZION1010
USER INFO »
why would you have to tell that you our sorry for something you did not DO
Old 08-06-2003, 01:09 AM   #111
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by ZION1010
why  would   you  have  to  tell  that  you  our  sorry  for  something  you  did  not DO

Hmm... may I ask how old you are zion? About 15-20,000 fans can tell you he was highly intoxicated that night during that performance.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-06-2003, 08:29 AM   #112
Julbright
USER INFO »
Whew - I am certainly starting to see how one can be sucked into a debate around here - wow!

1. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior (I borrowed the wording from Dr Phil but as a licensed clinical professional counselor - I believe that to be true)

2. Every other Creed concert was incredible wonderful outstanding.

3. On a few occassions, due to voice issues BEYOND STAPP'S CONTROL, he determined his performance did not live up to HIS standards, and OUT OF RESPECT FOR THOSE FANS - he repeated a show for them.

4. On one occassion in Chicago, due to circumstances COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY WITHIN HIS CONTROL, his performance did not live up to what were previously defined as his own standards and the BARE MINIMUN Expectations for the 15,000 fans (we would have liked him to sing more than one song start to finish - I think he only made it through WAWO without fail)

5. This is also a man who writes song after song about respecting others and accepting responsibility for your life (My Own Prison - excellent example)

THEREFORE - those of us in Chicago who were actually there and know what we saw - based on Scott's past behavior - completely expected he would accept responsibility for his actions and show us the same respect he has shown other venues. I can honeslty say I walked out of there completely assured that we would get a repeat show - I even had my friend hang on to her ticket and warned my husband on the phone that I would be taking another road trip for the make up show. I had no doubts.

THEN - Silence was disappointing. Letter from management minimizing the whole thing was annoying. Continued silence was again disappointing but I was getting over the whole thing. The lawsuit was also diappointing to me- I do not agree with it. (Quite frankly if he is forced by the court to do anything that would not make me feel better. Has to come from him). THEN THEN THEN - he speaks. He insults me calling me a liar and someone interested in attacking his character. Now I am angry. AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE.

He is not Superman. But he is a man who by his past actions, lyrics and interviews struck me as someone who would do the right thing. I listen to Faceless Man when I need reminding - He looked me right in the eye direct and consise to remind me - to always do what's right!

I have sufficient grounds, then, to be disappointed in him. It is hard to forgive someone who acts as if they did nothing wrong. I will because it is the right thing to do - but it is totally hard.

And I guarantee that if this situation occurred in someone's personal lives with someone you knew personally - you would feel the same way. Scott is getting consideration from others simply because he is a celebrity.
Give me eyes of a child

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-06-2003, 10:08 AM   #113
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
Haven't we all covered this topic enough. It happened. Can't go back and change it and Scott should have never opened his mouth. It has been 9 months and I hate to say it but the apology that you all after may never happen! The respect you are looking for is gone. I have never really bothered to post in here because I wasn't there so I don't know how bad it actually was. I'm sorry that it sucked and that the NYE show which I was at, was so good. You guys got the short end of the stick and that shouldn't have happened. Now move on.

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "
Old 08-06-2003, 10:30 AM   #114
Julbright
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by SCOTTSMYMAN
You guys got the short end of the stick and that shouldn't have happened.

Thank you. This is all we are saying.
Give me eyes of a child

Old 08-06-2003, 10:55 AM   #115
Julbright
USER INFO »
I have spent a lot of time on these boards this week and as I review my postings I just want to say that you all have been so welcoming to me and I want to make sure I haven't offended anyone. The tone of conversation gets lost in electronic communication and I just want you all to know that I have not been truly insulted or put off by any of the debate here.

We are all here because we love Creed and as I do. I had one bad experience but that doesn't ruin everything! It changes some things but it is no different than being married for a couple years and the reality sets in that your spouse isn't perfect. That is where I am at.

Provided there are no more press releases, I will likely not speak on this topic anymore, unless I am just in the mood to comiserate with my fellow Chicago-goers. I don't want to seem argumentative with all you nice people simply because we disagree on this topic. Thanks!
Give me eyes of a child

Old 08-06-2003, 12:59 PM   #116
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
<b>I never said that... and I don't think that. I was trying to make an "academic" point and nothing more.</b>

I never said you said it. I said I resented the implication, which came through in the *writing off* comment. Sometimes the intent or meaning can get lost in the electronic translation, without the body language, tone and visuals you'd have in a face-to-face debate.

And to the some of the others who seem to think that just because we weren't there, we can't have an opinion, too bad!

Believe me, you all have made it perfectly clear what happened, and I felt as if I was there from all the discussion and description. And if you all want to commiserate, that's fine, but don't tell me or any other member of this board that we're not entitled to speak about this simply because we weren't there. THIS IS A FORUM, where ALL opinions are supposed to be welcome. This isn't supposed to be exclusionary. There's enough of that kind of crap going on at other Creed boards. That's why I like this one because there aren't these childish little cliques and competition going on.

For the record, as I have stated umpteen gazillion times, I don't agree with what he did in Chicago or the comments he has made since, however you want to put it. I do agree with souldancer and others who understand and accept that he is HUMAN, that he fucked up, that shit happens, and that people will disappoint the hell out of you sometimes.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:05 PM   #117
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Julbright
I have spent a lot of time on these boards this week and as I review my postings I just want to say that you all have been so welcoming to me and I want to make sure I haven't offended anyone. &nbsp;The tone of conversation gets lost in electronic communication and I just want you all to know that I have not been truly insulted or put off by any of the debate here. &nbsp;

We are all here because we love Creed and as I do. &nbsp;I had one bad experience but that doesn't ruin everything! &nbsp;It changes some things but it is no different than being married for a couple years and the reality sets in that your spouse isn't perfect. &nbsp;That is where I am at. &nbsp;

Provided there are no more press releases, I will likely not speak on this topic anymore, unless I am just in the mood to comiserate with my fellow Chicago-goers. &nbsp;I don't want to seem argumentative with all you nice people simply because we disagree on this topic. &nbsp;Thanks!

Speaking for myself, you haven't offended me, Julbright. I believe everyone has a right to their opinion/feelings whether I agree or disagree with them. Where some topics are concerned, people have to agree to disagree and that's okay.

Relearn Love
Old 08-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #118
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
I never said you said it. I said I resented the implication, which came through in the *writing off* comment. Sometimes the intent or meaning can get lost in the electronic translation, without the body language, tone and visuals you'd have in a face-to-face debate.

And to the some of the others who seem to think that just because we weren't there, we can't have an opinion, too bad!

Believe me, you all have made it perfectly clear what happened, and I felt as if I was there from all the discussion and description. And if you all want to commiserate, that's fine, but don't tell me or any other member of this board that we're not entitled to speak about this simply because we weren't there. THIS IS A FORUM, where ALL opinions are supposed to be welcome. This isn't supposed to be exclusionary. There's enough of that kind of crap going on at other Creed boards. That's why I like this one because there aren't these childish little cliques and competition going on.

For the record, as I have stated umpteen gazillion times, I don't agree with what he did in Chicago or the comments he has made since, however you want to put it. I do agree with souldancer and others who understand and accept that he is HUMAN, that he fucked up, that shit happens, and that people will disappoint the hell out of you sometimes.

As usual you are the woman who always know how to put things in words!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-06-2003, 03:21 PM   #119
Julbright
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Sheila63
Speaking for myself, you haven't offended me, Julbright. &nbsp;I believe everyone has a right to their opinion/feelings whether I agree or disagree with them. &nbsp;Where some topics are concerned, people have to agree to disagree and that's okay.

Thanks for your kind words. It is nice to know that I am able to say what is on my mind and not be bashed for it. I felt myself tending toward defensiveness and that isn't who I am or why I come here. It is just interesting for me to share my stuff because I don't know anyone else around here who went to the concert and for ME it helps to talk to people who shared my experience (it is called seeking validation). Others have opinions which I am very interested in listening to , but I really am not here to debate. Just to comiserate. That's all. So, I'm chillin'

I do visit other threads and am capable of talking about other stuff too! I swear!
Give me eyes of a child

Old 08-06-2003, 03:34 PM   #120
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
I agree with Sheila Everyone has the right to their own opinion wether we all agree or not I'm not offended by anything said here or anyone here either
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot