++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-05-2003, 03:19 AM   #91
souldancer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Been thinking back about the six Creed concerts I had the fortune of going to in 2002,,,and spending the evening watching some videos of other concerts,...and it is clear how much effort and heart that Scott puts into his music - his permformances. And, to think that some people persecute him for Chicago makes me want to just totally vomit in the froth of reality. How many threads do we have here that praise Scott/Creed for each of their single performances? Have we succumbed so low that we beat to the drum or criticism before we rise to the song of the spirit?! And, as Creed said,,,,"this song goes out to all the critics... <b> "I feel I've been beaten down by the words of men who have no grounds. I can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom When your ax has cut the roots that feed them. Forked tongues in bitter mouths can drive a man to bleed from inside out... </b>

I am going to close...as I watched Creed goodness, esp. at the Winter Olympics...with "Don't Stop Dancing." Peace....Good night...God Bless. Thanks, Creed for reminding me of that strength and hope and innate goodness. I need to go to bed now......PRAISING CREED FOR ALL YOU DO! GOOD< BAD< UGLY.. whatever, is all YOU !

...Don't have to settle the score
Cause we all live
Under the reign of One ...
Old 08-05-2003, 09:00 AM   #92
aprile89
USER INFO »
Quote: [b]Originally posted by souldancer
Been thinking back about the six Creed concerts I had the fortune of going to in 2002,,,and spending the evening watching some videos of other concerts,...and it is clear &nbsp;how much effort and heart that Scott puts into his music - his permformances. And, to think that some people persecute him for Chicago makes me want to just totally vomit in the froth of reality. How many threads do we have here that praise Scott/Creed for each of their single performances? &nbsp;Have we succumbed so low that we beat to the drum or criticism before we rise to the song of the spirit?!

Know what makes me want to vomit??? People that have their head so far up Stapps ASS they can't see the truth. He was DRUNK and put on a CRAPPY performance. There's nothing to discuss.... If you could look back and think about the 6 Creed Concerts and the 6th one he was DRUNK, couldn't remember the words, rolled around on the floor, LEFT the STAGE for a 1/2 hour wouldn't you be disappointed???? THEN to make it worse *to me at least* The put on a KICK ASS show for NYE. WTF happened to Chicago???? Why did we get the short end of the stick????? I think Scott is an AWSOME performer When he's NOT DRUNK. THAT'S the reason I went to see then 4 times!!!! not just ONCE. So the discussion here isn't "Scott sucks, I hate Creed" or anything like that. The fans that were there SAW what was going on and we're discussion our DISAPPOINTMENT in the performace, not Scott or the other Members.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:03 AM   #93
Julbright
USER INFO »
At the risk of joining on the bandwagon and being accused of being argumentative, I just want to reiterate that Chicago IS a big deal because it has shaken up all of what I thought Scott Stapp stood for. I still think most of us who are still disturbed by it are not so concerned about his actual lack of performance at this concert but much more disappointed in the lack of character he has shown in handling the aftermath. IT is BECAUSE WE CARE about Scott and understand his character that we are concerned - this has nothing to do with attacking him on my part. I am not a critic. I AM HOWEVER a consumer who was cheated out of the passion I paid for. I have seen other Creed concerts which were phenomenal! It isn't about capabilities, or whatever. It is about this HUGE mistake and his failure to accept responsbility for it. I am certain that his legal battles are preventing him from dealing with it in his own ethical way, but this is getting a little ridiculous. I prefered his being silent. At least that way I could give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ok - I am off my soapbox. Thanks
I laid beside you I'm not worthy
This jaded man's not who I am
I touched the flame and I've been burned
All I need's a second chance
Give me eyes of a child
And teach this man to relearn love
RELEARN LOVE _ SCOTT STAPP

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #94
Julbright
USER INFO »
Right on - Aprile!
Give me eyes of a child

When shadows paint the scenes where spotlights used to fall...I will be there for you Scottie
Old 08-05-2003, 09:24 AM   #95
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: And, sometimes life is about just accepting how we are!
You accept that he, in this case, is a liar?

Quote: You are argumentative and Scott is passionate.
Huh? No, he was not passionate that night. He was drunk and/or high. Gah! Passionate? What in the heck are you talking about?

Quote: Just stop fucking messing with my favorite band
No. Creed's my favorite band too, but I'm not going to be so blind and accept whatever Scott does just because he's Creed's frontman. (That's what you're doing)
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-05-2003, 12:20 PM   #96
JenRN
USER INFO »
You know I have joined this conversation and given my thoughts many of times and I understand all of your frusterations BUT.......... the time has come to GET OVER IT!!!!! I agree with souldancer ok so he F**cked up! Do you actually think he is proud of that being the perfectionist he is? I think he has gotten himself in such a rut with this he feels cornered. Give me a break I have been to several concerts of theirs as well and I have seen 1 foot in front of me the hard work and passion put in their shows. Yeah it is unfortunate that this happened and some people did not get the "Creed experience" but oh well, life freaking goes on you know! Everyone feels like they are owed something all the damn time, guess what....... life is not always a bowl of cheeries! People make mistakes and that is life. It just so happens his mistakes are made in front of thousands of people! If we are not careful Creed may just though in the towel, would that make you all happy? It is enough that Stapp has been ridiculed over this, it was almost 9 months ago!!! Can you even imagine yourself being ridiculed over something you did 9 months ago, imagine how it would suck! Yeah he is a performer and yeah that is his job, BUT..... haven't you ever made a mistake at work? It is all the same in the realm of things, this is his job, and he was going though what to him was horrible personal issues and HE SCREWED UP! GEEZ....... everyone screws up! So if he comes out and tears up on camera and says the actual words "I'm sorry" do you actually think it would help? HELL NO!!!!! People for some reason what his blood, want him to make up and excuse as to why this happened. WE all know mostly why it happened, he reached his limit, personally, physically and emotionally.... and he just chose the wrong outlet. So to be sued over this is ridiculous and immature and selfish! I know people that were there that night and you know what, they looked at it a whole hell of a lot different, and they are NOT crying the blue streak demanding money back and an apology! What the hell good is an apology going to do 9 months later? Sorry I know this is going to piss off a lot of people but oh well, it is the way I feel and bottom line is IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-05-2003, 12:39 PM   #97
aprile89
USER INFO »
JenRN I agree with you mostly... and to be honest with you MOST of my posts sounded alot like yours till Scott opened his mouth. Ok so it was 9 months ago.. why did he open HIS mouth and spill out such CRAP?? I don't want Scotts Blood or an apology, frankly I don't want anything but the truth. Why you ask? Why do you want the truth? Is it going to make any difference? Nope, but from the comments Scott has made *allegedly* and from what I saw that night. I know *and this take ALOT for me to say* but I know he's NOT telling the truth AT ALL. So if Scott just wanted to brush this under the rug he shoulda kept his mouth shut. All he did was Stir the bucket and Frankly it smells like CRAP. I was over it but the recent comments make those of us that were there look like liars. My eyes and ears don't lie and they saw what 15,000 other disappointed fans saw. I don't want to piss anyone off at all. I Like ALL of you guys. and I STILL love Creed. If I didn't I wouldn't be here with you guys! I hope Scott and the guys make the 4th album *WOW did I show my age on that one?? LOL* a KICK ASS, blow your mind album!! I can't wait!!!! and yes.. I WILL be there in the PIT when they come back to Chicago!!! Anyone wanna come with me???? And for the Record, I don't believe in the law suit. Hell, I was one of the people that started the Creed petition!! I think I am 3# I will ALWAYS Love Creed!! Creed petition
Old 08-05-2003, 01:33 PM   #98
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>You know I have joined this conversation and given my thoughts many of times and I understand all of your frusterations BUT.......... the time has come to GET OVER IT!!!!! &nbsp;I agree with souldancer ok so he F**cked up! Do you actually think he is proud of that being the perfectionist he is? I think he has gotten himself in such a rut with this he feels cornered. &nbsp;Give me a break I have been to several concerts of theirs as well and I have seen 1 foot in front of me the hard work and passion put in their shows. &nbsp;Yeah it is unfortunate that this happened and some people did not get the "Creed experience" but oh well, life freaking goes on you know! &nbsp;Everyone feels like they are owed something all the damn time, guess what....... life is not always a bowl of cheeries! &nbsp;People make mistakes and that is life. &nbsp;It just so happens his mistakes are made in front of thousands of people! &nbsp; If we are not careful Creed may just though in the towel, would that make you all happy? &nbsp; It is enough that Stapp has been ridiculed over this, it was almost 9 months ago!!! Can you even imagine yourself being ridiculed over something you did 9 months ago, imagine how it would suck! &nbsp;Yeah he is a performer and yeah that is his job, BUT..... haven't you ever made a mistake at work? It is all the same in the realm of things, this is his job, and he was going though what to him was horrible personal issues and HE SCREWED UP! GEEZ....... everyone screws up! So if he comes out and tears up on camera and says the actual words "I'm sorry" do you actually think it would help? HELL NO!!!!! People for some reason what his blood, want him to make up and excuse as to why this happened. &nbsp;WE all know mostly why it happened, he reached his limit, personally, physically and emotionally.... and he just chose the wrong outlet. &nbsp;So to be sued over this is ridiculous and immature and selfish! &nbsp;I know people that were there that night and you know what, they looked at it a whole hell of a lot different, and they are NOT crying the blue streak demanding money back and an apology! &nbsp;What the hell good is an apology going to do 9 months later? Sorry I know this is going to piss off a lot of people but oh well, it is the way I feel and bottom line is IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </b>

Very well said, Jen!!

Relearn Love
Old 08-05-2003, 01:35 PM   #99
JenRN
USER INFO »
Who knows why he opened his mouth, maybe he felt "cornered" like I said! I just know that he probably is "getting it" not only from the fans, but the management and probably also the band. I agree he should of kept his mouth shut, but he did not, and now it stirred the pot even more. I by no means am saying what he did is right, I just know that obvioulsy he was feeling pressure from somewhere to speak out after 9 months.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 08-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #100
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by aprile89
Know what makes me want to vomit??? &nbsp;People that have their head so far up Stapps ASS they can't see the truth. He was DRUNK and put on a CRAPPY performance. There's nothing to discuss....
I don't doubt that is true. But, still seems to be a lot of discussion. And, I am sure it's a great dissappointment...and i DO know about that in life, but also about putting things into perspective. So keep doing your discussing - I think I am done with this thread.
Old 08-05-2003, 01:57 PM   #101
ZION1010
USER INFO »
Rock on And Iook Away Peace
Old 08-05-2003, 02:01 PM   #102
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
<b>Who knows why he opened his mouth, maybe he felt "cornered" like I said! I just know that he probably is "getting it" not only from the fans, but the management and probably also the band. &nbsp;I agree he should of kept his mouth shut, but he did not, and now it stirred the pot even more. &nbsp;I by no means am saying what he did is right, I just know that obvioulsy he was feeling pressure from somewhere to speak out after 9 months. </b>

I agree Jen He had to of been pressured by someone I personally think he shouldn't of said anything either Why he did though who knows
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 08-05-2003, 02:09 PM   #103
velocityidp
USER INFO »
I don't think a lot of you understand why those of us at Chicago are still talking about this...

It's not about the performance at all. It's not about the money at all. It's not about the experience. It's not about the dumb lawsuit.

It's about the issue of respect for fans. To this date, Chicago concert-goers have gotten nothing but disrespect from Stapp and patronizing statements from his management on multiple occasions -- the last of which occurred only a few weeks ago.

So please, even if you don't want to talk about this issue any longer, understand that the primary issue is minimal respect for fans.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 08-05-2003, 02:33 PM   #104
Julbright
USER INFO »
I think whomever said it above was correct - be done with this thread if you don't want to talk about it anymore! We who were there obviously are still working it out in our own time. We are the ones who were "hurt" by it all and we will decide when we are ready to move on. I am amused at how many people keep coming back just to tell us to be quiet. There are so many other threads - lets us process this among ourselves in peace. I find it frustrating that so many of you are able to just write it off because he is a celebrity, he is gifted and talented, and he is gorgeous. BUT if that is how you would choose to go on with your life I will not judge or criticize that. I can't speak for others, but my goal here is to share my experience with others who understand - not to change the minds of those who have chosen to focus on only the positive stuff. SO, let me do my whining with others who were there and stop telling me to get on with it. Thank you very much.

AND just one more thing - yes I would feel MUCH better if he looked sqaure at the camera and admitted he was wrong - that would make a world of difference for me. His ludicrous responses thus far just rub salts in the wounds. I would like to see him behave consistently with what he had created his image to be. No one is perfect - not even him - but for all of us the important thing is dealing with our imperfections with integrity and honor. That is what I expect from him - didn't happen.

OK I'm done
Give me eyes of a child

Old 08-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #105
JenRN
USER INFO »
Well no one here said to STOP talking about it. You all get your panties in a knot when someone does not agree with you Go ahead talk to your hearts content but please try to realize that there are OTHER things here to discuss! It seems that there are so many other things in life to worry about other than this don't you think? So yeah I can take a hint those who did not go to the show and who don't dwell on this are not welcome here in this thread. I never once said he is above anyone or did not wrong, you all seem to ignore that fact. I just think enough is enough already! So go on discuss to your hearts content! Yeah I am SO done here too!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"