++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #31
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Yeah, that would be pretty weird. The 3 Rock stations that come in around here(Banana 101.5, Wrif 101.1 and 93.3, I forget the title of that one) play the stuff you mention. Wrif plays some classic stuff, too. Then there's the Alternative station, which plays some Rock, some Alternative, some pop(like Good Charlotte, unfortunately) and I've even heard Eminem on there a few times.(probably cause he's from Detroit, and the station is based there) I think it'd be weird hearing "More than Fine" on Banana, as that song is pretty poppy.(not that there's anything wrong with that, I love the song) But, then again, Banana did play "The Reason" back when it first came out.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-20-2005, 07:02 PM   #32
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
AB didn't get a Grammy because the grammy's are given to crap "artists" like Green Day who know about as much about music as I know about golf.

Oh well, I'm glad. Alter Bridge getting a Grammy would be bad.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:33 PM   #33
NeedforCreed
USER INFO »
I agree.
Old 02-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #34
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) You know, after seeing the nominations(and then seeing the winners) I noticed one artist was missing, an artist who had 2 hits in 2004:SWITCHFOOT! Where the heck is the nominations for these guys? If you can nominate an artist with one hit in 2004(Franz Ferdinand, Hoobastank, Incubus, the Killers and I'm sure there's more) how can you NOT nominate an artist with TWO hits in 2004? It's ridiculous, and if I was Switchfoot, I'd be pretty angry. The Grammy's COULD(and should) have nominated Switchfoot in the best Alternative category, because that's where they fit. And if they consider Franz as being a rock artist, well then, they could have put Switchfoot in there. Meant to Live and Dare You to Move were big hits and this just goes to show how messed up the Grammy's are. I believe they never gave Creed the nominations they deserved, too.

I recall Creed winning best rock song for WAWO, which probably started a lot of people on the same discussion we are having now:

"Why are the grammy's so messed up?"

Lol, but you know its true. Most people would put Creed in that same category with all the crap bands this year. Now I would rather see LULLABY win a Grammy than Boulevard of Broken Dreams, but you get my point. I think.