++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 AM   #16
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) At the top of the list I put Hendrix without any doubt, guys
Are you really serious? Ok... I can see why you would... cuz Hendrix does deserve alot for changing the face of guitar playing... but really... If you stuck Steve vai In the Same Room as Hendrix... hendrix would be crappin his pants... same goes with Eddie Van Halen... Randy Rhoads, Paul Gilbert, zakk wylde hell even slash...

Hendrix was an innovator no doubt... but if you compare his playing Unbiasedly verses some of the eighties guys there's no comparison...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 08-11-2005, 11:27 AM   #17
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) Are you really serious? Ok... I can see why you would... cuz Hendrix does deserve alot for changing the face of guitar playing... but really... If you stuck Steve vai In the Same Room as Hendrix... hendrix would be crappin his pants... same goes with Eddie Van Halen... Randy Rhoads, Paul Gilbert, zakk wylde hell even slash...

Hendrix was an innovator no doubt... but if you compare his playing Unbiasedly verses some of the eighties guys there's no comparison...

Indeed. Hendrix blows them all away. How much of Hendrix have you even LISTENED to? And do ever hear Steve Vai singing while he shreds? Uh-uh. And besides, Ygnvie Malmsteen can probably shred faster than anyone alive, ever. Does that make him the greatest guitarist ever? Most certainly not.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #18
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Indeed. Hendrix blows them all away. How much of Hendrix have you even LISTENED to? And do ever hear Steve Vai singing while he shreds? Uh-uh. And besides, Ygnvie Malmsteen can probably shred faster than anyone alive, ever. Does that make him the greatest guitarist ever? Most certainly not.
1 Yes... i have heard Vai Sing while Shredding.(but what the hell does singing have to do with being a great guitarist? Even Billie Joe Armstrong can sing and play guitar at the same time... and he's absolutely horrible!!!)
2. Yngwie is not the Fastest Shredder Alive... that would be either Paul Gilbert or Michael Angelo Batio.
3. I've heard plenty of hendrix.
4. Yngwie can play fast... but he's also one of the most melodic Players out there... He's called Neo-Classical for a reason. He Takes the Vibe of Classical pianists and transfers it into something no guitarist before him has done.
5. Hendrix should be very high in the list. but not number one.

Jesus + Guitars = Life

Last edited by Wylde-Tremonti : 08-11-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #19
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) 1 Yes... i have heard Vai Sing while Shredding.(but what the hell does singing have to do with being a great guitarist? Even Billie Joe Armstrong can sing and play guitar at the same time... and he's absolutely horrible!!!)
2. Yngwie is not the Fastest Shredder Alive... that would be either Paul Gilbert or Michael Angelo Batio.
3. I've heard plenty of hendrix.
4. Yngwie can play fast... but he's also one of the most melodic Players out there... He's called Neo-Classical for a reason. He Takes the Vibe of Classical pianists and transfers it into something no guitarist before him has done.
5. Hendrix should be very high in the list. but not number one.

I never knew about batio, I check out his video for speed kills, i didn't think it was possible to play that fast ...damn.
In my mind
I won't lie
It took some time

But I know one thing
It took me away from
All the things love gave me
So I have to let things go...

I can go another round
Despite you.....

I'm still healing...
No I'm not real and
Yes I'm feeling...
This is my fight song

Scott Stapp "FIGHT SONG"
Old 08-11-2005, 05:09 PM   #20
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) Are you really serious? Ok... I can see why you would... cuz Hendrix does deserve alot for changing the face of guitar playing... but really... If you stuck Steve vai In the Same Room as Hendrix... hendrix would be crappin his pants... same goes with Eddie Van Halen... Randy Rhoads, Paul Gilbert, zakk wylde hell even slash...

Quote: 5. Hendrix should be very high in the list. but not number one.

This is your opinion, not mine.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 08-11-2005, 10:05 PM   #21
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) 1 Yes... i have heard Vai Sing while Shredding.(but what the hell does singing have to do with being a great guitarist? Even Billie Joe Armstrong can sing and play guitar at the same time... and he's absolutely horrible!!!)

I have never heard someone play gutiar while singing as well as Hendrix. But yeah, I guess in terms of JUST guitar playing ability that doesn't mean much. In terms of overall talent, though.
Quote: 2. Yngwie is not the Fastest Shredder Alive... that would be either Paul Gilbert or Michael Angelo Batio.

Actually I am pretty sure Yngvie IS the fastest guitarist alive. Read he can get so many ntoes per second somewhere... can't remember. Maybe I am wrong.

Quote: 4. Yngwie can play fast... but he's also one of the most melodic Players out there... He's called Neo-Classical for a reason. He Takes the Vibe of Classical pianists and transfers it into something no guitarist before him has done.

Meh. Yngvie bores me. Very repetative.
Quote: 5. Hendrix should be very high in the list. but not number one.

Without Hendrix, there wouldn't even BE Steve Vai's, or Yngvie Malmsteens. That makes him #1 for me.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:36 PM   #22
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I have never heard someone play gutiar while singing as well as Hendrix. But yeah, I guess in terms of JUST guitar playing ability that doesn't mean much. In terms of overall talent, though.
You musta never heard of James Hetfield, Dave Mustaine, Paul Gilbert, Jerry Cantrell, Warren Haynes, zakk Wylde, Kenny wayne Shepherd (his new album,) Jon Schafer (iced earth,) MYLES KENNEDY, Chris Cornell???
Come on dude... When hendrix sings the stuff he's playing isn't that difficult while he sings... i can sing and play Voodoo Chile and Purple Haze with no problems...

JIMI IS A LEGEND. NO DOUBT. But he set the bar so high that the people come after him have gone to great strides to become better... and THEY HAVE.
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Actually I am pretty sure Yngvie IS the fastest guitarist alive. Read he can get so many ntoes per second somewhere... can't remember. Maybe I am wrong.
Yngwie plays alot of arpeggios Which make him sound alot faster than his hands are playing... Paul Gilbert is the Fastest Picker ever... and Michael Angelo is the fastest of all... the Batio can't play in the context of a song worth beans... Tho he can play Right handed and Left handed at the same time!!!! lol

Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Meh. Yngvie bores me. Very repetative.

YngWie does have that effect... he plays arpeggios which... if you know the theory behind arpeggios... they're the 1st, 3rd, and 5th note of a scale (those are the notes that make up chords) played in many octaves... so essentially one arpeggio is the same 3 notes over and over again... tho there are as many arpeggios as there are keys...
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Without Hendrix, there wouldn't even BE Steve Vai's, or Yngvie Malmsteens. That makes him #1 for me.
That's Speculative... if Hendrix hadn't done it... that doesn't mean there wouldn't have been another player that came out very similar to him...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 08-12-2005, 06:48 AM   #23
RoffeDH
USER INFO »
First of: Yngvie have had the guiness world record for most notes in ONE second.
second: To say things like "If Hendrix hadn't existed they would have never been great guitarrists" is just not woth responding to. You could go on and on and on for days of how the war would have changed it's course if Hendrix never existed. It's like saying "What would have happend if Hitler never existed", it would have that same inpact on the world history, so no such things can ever be saved, if you don't want to talk about how the world would have changed its face if Hendrix hadn't existed.

Mark aint up at the top 100, I belive, but he's damn close. I'm not a great guitar knower so I'm just guessing. You have forgotten the guys in Pink Floyd, shure they might not have been able to shred out or do a flash fast solo, but their stuff is by far the most ginues things you can find out there, including their guitarr playing... Just listen to Polars Apart...

Who is the topp singers?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:00 AM   #24
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: That's Speculative... if Hendrix hadn't done it... that doesn't mean there wouldn't have been another player that came out very similar to him...

OF COURSE IT IS SPECULATIVE!!

It is just one opinion. Like you said, he set the bar high. Well if he hadn't set it that high, there wouldn't be a need for newer players to jump quite that high.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #25
geletmote
USER INFO »
Hi guys im from australi huge creed and alter b fan, jimmy page is the best guitarist of all time with a solo like stairway , you really just cantcompare best solo ever, tremonti on the other hand is brilliant his best piece yet i think is the intro to one last breath i play guitar and it has so many technicalities, its an amazing intro.. i dont know were he gets the mind to create that... what do you guys think?
Old 09-05-2005, 05:49 PM   #26
Sam Look
USER INFO »
song guitarist

Mark is a great song guitarist. He knows how to make songs work and that was further shown on the AB cd. He can whale, but he stays within the song. Is he Yngvie or EVH???? No, but hes the best guitarist out of the past 10 years IMO.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:52 PM   #27
Anna1011
USER INFO »
hey sam look welcome to the board

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 09-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #28
Sam Look
USER INFO »
Thanks Anna...its nice to be welcomed!!
Old 09-06-2005, 07:07 AM   #29
Anna1011
USER INFO »
its great to see new people over here. we are a really friendly bunch so you should really get on with everyone

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here
Old 09-06-2005, 11:37 PM   #30
Sam Look
USER INFO »
thats great to hear. Im enjoying the board and the subjects already!!