++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-17-2003, 12:59 AM   #16
bgivens33
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by mel!ssa

The thing with the ark, Noah didn't build it by himself.  God gave him the exact instructions on how to make it, and it took him ages.  Because God designed it, and God was backing it, it wouldn't have been impossible to fit every animal in.  Besides, if the evolution theory is true as so many say it is, there would have been much less animals in Noah's time, not so diverse as we have today right?  Kind of conflicts doesn't it.

2 things.

The evolutionary theory takes place over millions and millions of years, not a few thousand. And if the bible is true... then would evolution even take place? Yes, your statement is pretty conflicting.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:05 AM   #17
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
What i'm saying is, many who say "how did Noah fit all those animals in the ark?" also happen to believe in evolution, which means there would not be as many animals, so that conflicts with their own statement.

Many who don't believe in evolution also have no problem believing that God was backing it and therefore it wouldn't have been impossible. They go hand in hand, do you see what i mean?
Old 07-17-2003, 02:22 AM   #18
Lechium
USER INFO »
Here's the deal -- you claim that bible is always correct. Every time someone points out some very part of it that doesnt makes sence or is impossible, than you say "well there was divine intervention, so everything is possible!". This is kinda retarded really.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:21 AM   #19
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Um....The ark was 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits deep, with 3 floors.....A common cubit is 18 inches......

The titanic was 885 inches...teensy little thing

I love that H-D is searching like this, cos God has nothing to hide.

And bless U Lechium, for being so inspiring.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 07-17-2003, 08:45 AM   #20
Lechium
USER INFO »
Titanic was 885 inches what? 885 inches is about 22 meters (25 yards or so ) FYI. If you were refering to length or width or depth of it, than 22 meters are nowhere close to it.

300 cubits is under 130 meters. Now that is just bit bigger than a bootbal field. 3 floors, fine we got 4 or so footbal fields total.
Can you fit millions of animals + food for them on that space? No matter how big 4 football fields migh sound -- that is too tny to fit even a small fraction of all these animals.

P.S. aspiring? cool lol
Old 07-17-2003, 09:25 AM   #21
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
INspiring my dear, hehe.

http://www.titanic.com/story/11/Measurements Thats where I got the measurements from. Not my fault. If I read it wrong, lemme know. I can handle the humiliation if its in the name of truth...lol

Dont neglect looking at the other dimensions though. It's still pretty big.

And just in case it comes up, the unicorns were left out yes; cos they were running amok and impaling everyone.

And I would like to mention that the rosin and the trees that were used to make it do not exist today! Shame...I would've bin interested to hear what a guitar made out of that kinda wood woulda sounded like!

Wow the titanic went down 12,600ft! Man, they deffinitely drowned!

Sorry if i offended anyone, Im just a little silly tonight.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 07-17-2003, 09:37 AM   #22
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Oh yeh, and dont think full sized elephants and stuff, think babies, cos they are smaller obviously, and they have a longer breeding life. Look, I cant do this anymore, my brain is hurting!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 07-17-2003, 10:25 AM   #23
Sincirr
USER INFO »
DOH it was feet, bugga!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 07-17-2003, 02:55 PM   #24
Lechium
USER INFO »
You read way wrong -- Titanic is 885 FEET long not inches. Makes quiet a difference you know.

Also baby elephants, yeah, but think or MILLIONS of animals. And food for them. 3 footbal fields will never fit them all. And dont forget that cleaning shit for millions of animals is a job few people cant handle... many many things add up to a simple fact -- 2 of each animals in teh world + food + other stuff in a ship size of 3 footbal fields total (build by one person? that big of a ship? defently not possible) is just not possible.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:20 PM   #25
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
<b>Here's the deal -- you claim that bible is always correct. Every time someone points out some very part of it that doesnt makes sence or is impossible, than you say "well there was divine intervention, so everything is possible!". This is kinda retarded really. </b>

Well, God IS capable of anything. That's what I believe. Just because you don't believe it, is no reason to say my beliefs 'are retarted'. See, this is why so many people don't like you. Come on, we all know you're better than that, I've seen it. A little respect wouldn't hurt.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:14 AM   #26
Sincirr
USER INFO »
I dunno, I still think that's pretty big. But the poo factor does have me thinkin...

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 07-20-2003, 02:25 AM   #27
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ahhhhhhhhhh... this talk will last for ages and we won´t conclude anything...

let´s do the following:

-When Jesus comes back, He will explain it to us.

now, if all of that is BS and there´s no such thing like Jesus, meaning we´re all wrong... Lech will explain it to us!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:59 AM   #28
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
What do you mean by, when Jesus comes back?
Old 07-21-2003, 06:04 PM   #29
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
His 2nd advent

(remember He came once as a child?! )
Old 07-22-2003, 04:28 AM   #30
mel!ssa
USER INFO »
I'm sorry, i don't know what you mean. I'm not the same religion as you remember? :P What does 'advent' mean? Do you mean like he's going to come back to the earth as flesh and blood?