++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 10-15-2002, 02:16 PM   #16
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
<b>Having been raised in a Catholic environment and my father being born on "All Saints/Soul's Day" I was interested to read about what was beyond the Celtic period.....

"When the Romans conquered the Celts, they added their own touches to the Samhain festival, such as making centerpieces out of apples and nuts for Pomona, the Roman goddess of the orchards. The Romans also bobbed for apples and drank cider—traditions which may sound familiar to you. But where does the Christian aspect of the holiday come into play? In 835, Pope Gregory IV moved the celebration for all the martyrs (later all saints) from May 13 to November 1. The night before became known as All Hallow’s Even or “holy evening.” Eventually the name was shortened to the current Halloween. On November 2, &nbsp;the Church celebrates All Souls Day. &nbsp;The purpose of these feasts is to remember those who have died, whether they are officially recognized by the Church as saints or not. It is a celebration of the “communion of saints,” which reminds us that the Church is not bound by space or time." ( I LOVE THAT LAST LINE !!!)

And, living in California with a large Hispanic population I am fascinated but the rituals of Day of the Dead, "El Dia de los Muertos" &nbsp;- but that would be for another post..

SORRY, focusing now... </b>

Thank you for contributing that info souldancer! I appreciate that.

About "the day of the dead" could you try to post some info on it maybe in a seperate thread? I have no personal tie to it and seeing as you are from an area that prodominately celebrates this holiday then you'd be a great sourse of information. I personally would like to know more about it. Right now though I gotta get that pile of laundry done...:embarass:

~~~~~I am my kid's mom.~~~~~

~~~My Diary~~~~My Photos~~~
Old 10-15-2002, 02:33 PM   #17
souldancer
USER INFO »
If I did anything, I would post it in a new thread.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:01 PM   #18
creedfaner
USER INFO »
Currently:
let turn the tables on this topic...

What about aliens? Who believes? Who doesnt? Who just doesnt give a flying F? Speak your peace! :lol:
Old 10-15-2002, 08:05 PM   #19
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Lady Valkyrie Send a message via Yahoo to Lady Valkyrie
If I did anything, I would post it in a &nbsp;new thread.

Isn't that what I said dear? lol

Old 10-16-2002, 03:22 AM   #20
souldancer
USER INFO »
And if you said go vote for Bush or listen to Rush Limbaugh, would I do it? NO! You are your child's mom, not mine. I make my own decisions, thank you.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:23 AM   #21
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
And if you said go vote for Bush or listen to Rush Limbaugh, would I do it? NO! &nbsp;You are your child's mom, not mine. &nbsp;I make my own decisions, thank you.

'

WHO PEED IN YOUR FREAKIN' CHEERIOS SWEET PEA!? Don't you even jump down my throat over a mere suggestion. I asked you if you could give us more info on the Day of the dead celebration and post it in a different thread. Then you come off with an attitude that even if you would give the info you wouldn't dare put it in this thread... NO ONE ASKED YOU TO PUT IT IN THIS THREAD NOW DID THEY?! No they didn't. I specifically stated that it would be a good idea to put it in a different thread... intentions of that statement was to give your info the recognition that it would deserve on it's own. I wasn't even trying to boss you around. You need to carefully reread my previous replies in this thread and then exactly show me where I was bossing you around. You need to seriously chill dear! I was having a pleasent conversation with you and you read more into what I said than what was really there.

Old 10-16-2002, 12:47 PM   #22
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If I did anything, I would post it in a &nbsp;new thread.

Originally quoted by Lady V:
Isn't that what I said dear?
Then you come off with an attitude that even if you would give the info you wouldn't dare put it in this thread...

Hey, Lady V, can you explain to me just where the attitude is in the quote from souldancer? It seems to me that her post was plain and simple, if she wanted to answer your curiosities, she states that she would post it in a new thread. I see no sarcasm, no evidence of any pee in her cheerios. Now in your two posts that follow, I see major attitude. Perhaps your cheerios got mixed up with some pee of their own? Because both your posts are dripping with attitude. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just not reading between the lines here, but I don't see ANYWHERE that souldancer says she wouldn't DARE put the info in this thread. I dunno, maybe I need my eyes checked, but I just don't see any attitude in souldancer's posts.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:10 PM   #23
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady ValkyrieIsn't that what I said dear? lol

I was merely trying to tell her in case she missed what I said in my previous reply. Notice the little "lol" and the " "... that means I was being lighthearted and joking.

Quote: Originally posted by souldancer"And if you said go vote for Bush or listen to Rush Limbaugh, would I do it? NO! You are your child's mom, not mine. I make my own decisions, thank you."

You don't call that dripping with attitude??!! I just think you are a little biased is all, Teri.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:24 PM   #24
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Valkyrie
'

WHO PEED IN YOUR FREAKIN' CHEERIOS SWEET PEA!? Don't you even jump down my throat over a mere suggestion. I asked you if you could give us more info on the Day of the dead celebration and post it in a different thread. Then you come off with an attitude that even if you would give the info you wouldn't dare put it in this thread...

This is what YOU posted, with regard to her post about putting the info in a different thread. Her post is most certainly NOT dripping with attitude. The post you claim is dripping with attitude is, in fact, a response to your cutsie little wink about "isn't that what I said, dear". That particular post, dear, is not cute, nor is it funny. It's sarcastic. Not lighthearted. Not funny. And furthermore, your use of the word 'dear' does not give one the idea that you are using it as a term of endearment. I've seen you use it in several other threads to others and it almost always comes off as disingenuous. Sorry, that's just IMO, dear.

Old 10-16-2002, 01:26 PM   #25
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
At the risk of stirring up yet another hornet's nest, I'll kick in with a little 'tude here. Lady V, I think it would help tons if you didn't condescend by calling people *dear*. It really is not endearing at all. Putting the smilies and the lol after your remarks doesn't take away the attitude. Sorry.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:50 PM   #26
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
Do either of you know me personally? Have either of you chatted with me away from posting replies on this board? Have either of you chatted with me via PM for any length of time?

Neither one of you know me personally. And because of this I will forgive your misinterpretation of my words.

I use the word dear a lot. I also use sweetheart and honey a lot... even to strangers. Growing up as a redneck hillbilly those were terms I used a lot. The term dear for the most part is not used by me in a condescending way. The ONLY... I REPEAT ONLY way either of you could possibly know for sure weather or not the term dear was being used condescedingly is if you actually hear the tone of my physical voice.

This is the problem with the internet... it doesn't convey "tones" very well.

You both need to settle down and actually think about what I've just said.

Quote: POSTED BY LADY VALKYRIE <b>"Thank you for contributing that info souldancer! I appreciate that.

About "the day of the dead" could you try to post some info on it maybe in a seperate thread? I have no personal tie to it and seeing as you are from an area that prodominately celebrates this holiday then you'd be a great sourse of information. I personally would like to know more about it. Right now though I gotta get that pile of laundry done...</b>

Those statements were indeed lighthearted and nice. When souldancer then stated that if she posted anything it would be in a different thread... I figured that she must have not seen what I had posted about the "seperate thread"... therefore I said...

[quote]POSTED BY LADY VALKYRIE <b>"Isn't that what I said dear? lol </b>

How can either of you possibly determine whether my tone is condescending or not without actually hearing my actual voice with your ears?!

After souldancer's obviously snide comment is when I got pissed and that pissy reply that I made is a valid reason for either of you to be upset... NOT BECAUSE I USED THE WORD DEAR!

Old 10-16-2002, 01:54 PM   #27
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
ALL OF YOU QUIT YOUR BITCHING AND TAKE IT OUTSIDE

honestly is it really worth fighting over some stupid thing. just let it be. for the love orf God if you dont like it here LEAVE! NO ONE cares about your views, NO ONE cares about your opinions. NO ONE is going to miss your stupid smilie posts. we were all happy before you got here we wil all be happy after you leave!

just..let..it..be

period, let the damn horse die in peace.....

(this was a lot better when i was stil pulling rank)
Old 10-16-2002, 01:54 PM   #28
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well, Lady V, I would gently suggest that you open your hillbilly mind up to the fact that not everyone shares your interpretation of the use of the word *dear*. Get your head out of the sand and realize that there are other perspectives besides your own.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:58 PM   #29
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Neither one of you know me personally. And because of this I will forgive your misinterpretation of my words.

Wow are you pompous. You forgive our misinterpretations of your words? I don't think I misinterpreted anything. Leaving the "dear" thing aside for just a sec, you are right, your reply was pissy. But I'm not going to forgive you. Forgiveness is something you give when someone is sorry for something they did or said. I a not sorry, and I do not want your forgiveness. And as for your use of "dear", it's one thing to say, you are a dear for saying something so nice. It's quite another to say, I disagree with you dear. Maybe I don't hear your exact inflection and tone, but I can read sarcasm. I myself use a lot of sarcasm, just don't blatantly condescend to people as you do.

Old 10-16-2002, 03:10 PM   #30
Lady Valkyrie
USER INFO »
It was a misinterpretaion... I meant it one way and you took it another way... you misinterpreted it. I can understand how you can misinterpret it. My head is not in the sand however, I will not apologize for what I said because I meant nothing negative towards anyone when I use the term dear.

And as for you Mulletman when did you become the Moderator of this board to be able to order someone off this board? *scratches head* Maybe I had my head in the sand when that happened. By the way Mulletman... don't you just love that report button ... when you feel that spamming, fighting, or other negative things are happening on this board that you do not like then you can just click that little report button and wash your hands of it... for the real moderator/administrator will take care of it... won't he mulletman.

No one is going to stop me from posting here. The only person who is capable of that is Steve. So I'll say this as politly as I can... no one makes you read any of my posts or any other post for that matter. So please grow up and stop pretending that you can bully someone into leaving. I've encountered far worse than you. :P

I just love those smilies!