View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 AM   #25
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Upcoming Album Update

04/02/07 - Alter Bridge Music news from Michael Tremonti on the ABB.net BB

What's up Alter Bridge Nation!!! I thought that I would give you an update on how things are progressing. First, I would like for everyone to read the post entitled Alter Bridge Acoustic Live Charity Event. It contains the details and ticket info for a live acoustic show on May 4th. Purchase tickets and be one of the first to hear new Alter Bridge songs! Next, on to the new album news.... the band has finished the Nashville portion of the recording process. Right now, all the equipment is being moved to a studio on a beach in Virginia. Drums, bass and most of the guitar work has been finished. Mark still has a couple solos and a few odds and ends to finish. Almost all of the time spent in Virginia will be on Myles' vocals. The negotiations with Alter Bridge's new label are coming along great and we envision it coming to a head in the next few weeks so stay tuned. And finally, the songs.... you are going to be blown away! No shit! When I got down to Nashville, I thought I had a pretty good idea of how the songs would be shaping up. I was wrong. The pre-production versions of the songs were very different, in some cases, than the demos that I had heard. For example, Buried Alive. Throw away the old, live versions all of you have of the song or keep it as a memento. The new version is a fucking monster! There is also a song being recorded that I did not even know existed until I got to Nashville. Another lyrical home run by Myles along with soaring melodies. Myles actually sang it for me acoustic the night I got there and I was covered in goose bumps. So I say again... you all have no idea what is going to be unleashed upon you later this year. Hell, I thought I knew and I did not. I'll update all of you again as soon as new news becomes available.

-Homer Simpson