View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 03:21 AM   #79
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
I'm not goiong to wallow through all the bickering, I was a young teenager when Clinton was Pres, so I'll just give my two cents-
Yes, Clinton was good for America economically, but so was his cabinet, his advisors the two hundred ppl a day who told him the facts, gave him reports, etc. I think it's a little naive to just hand a good economy to him. He wasnt a great president, however.
Personally, I cannot trust anyone who can first cheat on their wife, then lie to her about it,then, on a much more personal level, lie to me, an American citizen, under oath, while being the President of the United States. I personally think he should have been impeached. He committed the crime, he shouldn't have gotten away with it.
Bigger picture-what was America suppossed to do? Sit back and say nothing? Become the land of 'heartless, greedy capitalists' who not only stab each other in the backs for money, but cheat on their wives as well? The President is the image, the figurehead of America to the rest of the world. It was bad enough that he did what he did. Then he showed the rest of the world and America that he did not even have the courage and decency to admitt he did it. By lying under oath, and breaking our laws to suit him, he undermined everything a president stands for.
again, just my two cents.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller