View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 11:43 PM   #22
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
One of the foundations of Catholicism is that they believe that they have the "mother "church, the only true church, because they believe that by bloodline, they have the only link to the true apostles power. This is why Catholics usually are not encouraged to go to a different denomination, even if it's still exalting Jesus Chrsit.

Of course it was not only the apostles that the Spirit was poured out on wasnt it?

Sadly, most Catholics don't actually know this stuff, but it looks like this has been embedded into them and your mother's set of values in some way.

Perhaps her issue is that it's simply important for her in terms of tradition that you stay in the Catholic church, or fear of other churches, as alot of the more conservative styles have a fear of certain things of the spirit and think they are evil. My mother thought I was in a cult until she came and had a look for herself!!!!!!!! Perhaps not her style of worship, but the people were real and down to earth & loving each other. I hope that through what God is doing in your continual relationship with Him, that she will see this when she is with you, and will come around.

ROCK HARD!!!