View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #104
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'll defend the heck out of Scott Stapp the musician, but the person? I just can't do that.

I get my opinion of Stapp's music questioned here, but I don't mind it at all. It doesn't make me feel un-welcomed here. Because, again, it's just my opinion.
I would like to address this, Michael (may I call you Michael? ). I don't think the issue here is Stapp's ability as a musician. I think many, if not all of us agree, musically as well as lyrically, he's fantastic. Ok, maybe his voice was stronger in the MOP/HC days, but his ability as a songwriter cannot be questioned.

When you defend your position on how you feel about Scott, his music, his persona, whatever, you do so in a respectful manner. There is a way to voice your opinion, and there is a way to make people feel belittled. Being condescending is not the way to go about it. If that is done, you can bet your ass you're going to be jumped on (not you personally, just in general).

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.