View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
Creed_zakon
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
3rd PIECE

3rd PIECE

I don't have anything against Mark i must say ... also Scott P. cause i don't see anything wrong about them and i don't know what they think actually about all these things that i mentioned about Stapp and Creed. But Mr.Scott Stapp is trying to hard to be a rock star . He is the main reason why i am not a Creed Fan anymore . This that happend before New Year in Chicago is also very disrespectful to fans . Imagine you pay 50$ to see your idols and you are afraid that maybe tonight he will do something embarrassing . I don't know what any true Creed fan can say to defend Stapp . And i totally understand that girl here who said that she was there and she is very dissapointed of him and she just can't be Creed fan anymore .
You can say i am wrong and Creed sells millions . Ok. Who is buying their record . The most of the fanbase are under 16 who watch MTV and think Creed is the coolest thing today . I don't have anything against kids under 16 or so , but there is no way that a kid knows what is rock or what you have to respect . These kids didn't listen to many of the classic rock bands and that they can compare Creed and decide are Creed good or not , with this i can't accept every kid under 16 for a serious audience just for these reasons . I was 15 once and i also didn't know a lot about music in that time . Pearl Jam had this problem with TEN . Everykind of audience . Some of them were just loving Eddie , some of them thought that Pearl Jam is the coolest band in that time cause Jeremy and Alive and Even Flow were on MTV on heavy rotation . So Pearl Jam pulled back just to find the audience to be proud of , audience that loves their music , and THAT is definitely the most important thing.
The fans and the audience that don't like you cause of your music are not the right fans . Eddie Vedder said after releasing No Code(which sold about 1,2 millions) and Yield(1,7 millions) :
"I'm making music for music's sake, and I have an audience I'm proud of."
One of the greatest and most honest quotes i've heard in a while cause he proved that .
It seems Creed is not going to pull back a little . I only doubt how many albums will Creed sell after recording 4 more ... but i matured and Creed didnt ... and Stapps attitude started to get to me ... and those synthed strings!!! ......... maybe some day Stapp will change and Creed will change a little more so i will start to like them again like i used to . Right now i am just ashamed to mention to someone that is really into good rock music that i love Creed ... i don't know who wont be ashamed of that .

Recently i just typed "pearl"on the search engine on this forum and wanted to read what are you fans thinking about Pearl Jam . I'll go now with talking to many of you here :

DangerousDan85 said this :

1. Christina Aguilera- Stripped (deep thought
provoking and personal record by this sexy, but
sweet diva)

2. Justin Timberlake- Justified (great debut by
this talented performer, excellent voice)

3. Will Smith- Born to Reign ("Nod Ya Head"
should be song of the year, his best yet)

4. Nelly- Nellyville (great sophmore effort w/
catchy beats and lyrics, great to dance to)

5. Eminem- The Eminem Show (what can I say,
third times a charm, this boy got skillz)

i like to say to you dan85 this : if you mix Creed with all this pop stuff you are just someone who listens to popular(cool) things and you don't know anything about rock music .

to JenRN :
I am sooooo sick of this Pearl Jam thing!!!!
Eddie Vedder LOOSER he is just jealous of Scott!
Like I said before with Fred Durst "where the
hell has he been for the last 3-4 years?" Eddie
vedder has no talent that is obvious!!!!!!! He
is just another jealous "in the moment wonder"
rock star that fizzled out when people really
saw the lack of talent!!!!!! Get a new flannel
shirt Eddie!

shame on you JenRN ... you think Eddie has no money huh ? ... well i am sorry but i don't know if you know that more than 90% of the avenues where PJ played last 10 years were sold-out and the most of the money that every band earns are from touring ... this is a fact . So Eddie has no reason to offend Scott for selling less . Have you seen Pearl Jam video in years . No of course . Do you know how many bands that have made videos never sold much more than million and Pearl Jam without any video support and also any interviews and promotion sold more than 4 millions with No Code , Yield and Binaural . Also Pearl Jam is thinking much more for the fans and even released 72 live bootlegs ... and now is in the history of the Billboard cause in 2000 Pearl Jam 5 of the bootlgs were on the Billboard TOP 200 ... this is a little info about you . You will say after this what are they doing now with Riot Act ...... ok here is the answer : Pearl Jam felt that they made strong record ... So the thing is that they want to get at least a little promotion cause it would be bad a good record to be just skipped by any rock fan and also to ones that know what good music is. So they get together in the Chop Suey in Seattle and in 2 days they recorded 4 videos for Save You(you can watch it in MuchMusic , I Am Mine(non-US release) and also for Thunbing My Way and 1/2 full . The thing is that they get together in that local-club playing live(music on the videos is from playing live there , not studio versions of the songs) and not recording videos like Jeremy cause they already said they are against that . I read somewhere that the videos are not good . It is not about how good the videos are . It is about promoting the music . Some girl said that Eddie and the others are not dressed well and they don't look good ... so stupid from her but God forgives to ones that don't know what are they talking about ... you understand what i am talking don't you ... if anyone wants to look at pretty faces and expencive clothes rent movies , don't watch videos that has to promote music and even stop listen to music .

Xterminator27 i read this from you :
I think eddie is, like you said jealous
that creed is ahead of them in sales, fans and
time.

also Creed never trashed other bands!! Ur just maken
that up .

and this I havnt heard much of pearl jam, dont think their
very big in Canada

The same thing about you Xterminator ... you are so happy with the Creed sales that you even don't have to go to a CD shop and pick any other rock album(it doesn't have to be Pearl Jam's) and to say that you found another great rock album ...... i am sorry for you ...... Have Eddie ever offend Stapp for his voice ....... he just said nicely that Scott just have to relax and he might be more happy with his voice cause at this time everyone else out there except Eddie and Creed fans is accusing him that he is ripping Eddie. He even said that he was in the same position when he was starting and he was not so coumfortable with his voice but after a few years everything went well ........ about Creed never trashed other bands ... i already said a lot about that , you even probably don't know why Marshall was fired huh? ......
... and you probably need to hear that some band is really big in Canada and then you will buy their album huh? I am sorry for you but i don't consider you as a real music and rock fan in general ... real music fan is digging everywhere and finds by himself is the band great , good or just an average band ... i can't judge how good someones music if i don't listen to it by myself ...

continue with the last 4th PIECE