View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 05:56 PM   #14
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Re: Most in U.S. Favor Death if Saddam Is Convicted

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Bringing up Adolf Hitler is a completely valid argument. Using your logic, you wouldn't support going to war against a man that killed millions of Jews. That is your logic, I'm not changing anything here.

Iraqi culture and Middle Eastern society in general believe in execution as a means for carrying out justice. You don't have to agree with it, but it's a cultural form of sentencing in their society. A lot of Iraqis who lost loved ones at the hands of Saddam Hussein believe that watching him die will bring them with some sense of closure. To them, justice will be carried out. I was brought up in a Western society, but most Americans still believe that the death penalty is fair. If someone kills a pregnant women, or rapes and kills a small child... tell me why we as tax payers should pay for their jail cell for 50 years? It's very costly to keep someone in prison for life. If they killed someone in cold blood... why should they be allowed to live at the tax payers expense? In terms of Saddam Hussein, you should respect what the Iraqis want and what their culture advocates. They want him to die and they should be able to carry out that sentence.

YES, you ARE!!!!!

I dont see you understand about logic...because your points are ilogical...
I said I chose justice --waht means dont advocate executions/;death penalty because I dont believe in this as a real punishment...Its so clear! I cant believe you cant understand it!!!!
Ill try again: If Saddam dies he WONT pay for his CRIMES!!!!! He wont suffer in a prison jail for years... If he dies he wont suffer and pay enough for his crimes...Do you think that Milosevic paid for his crimes??????

NO he didnt pay...because he died...and if Saddam dies he wont pay for this terrible crimes against iraquian people...it s obvious!!!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too