View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 02:49 AM   #13
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) Yes but the featus is alive and consious much before it is born. In fact most featuses are exactly the same as a newborn, only difference is that their still being fed by that cord thing
Umbilical cord
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) In fact even newborn babys dont have fully developed brains untill thier 4 years old,
Yeah, I know, I've studied neuroscience in college.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) and they have no "choice or whatnot" untill they are 2 (which is why you cant remeber anything before age 3-4, your brain isnt done yet and still growing so you dont have the mental things you do now)
Not exactly. Kids that old still know exactly what they're doing. Heck, they have to learn to walk, talk, and interact with others somehow. Just because you don't remember things from when you were that old doesn't mean they didn't happen. Since you're so young, your not held in high responsibility for them, but what you did still happened. Here's an example... when I've babysat my buddy Peter (from the time he was born until he and his parents moved when he was 4), he would knock over his brother's tower of blocks, laugh about it, and do it again when the tower was rebuilt. Point of the story: he knew what he was doing.
Quote: (Originally Posted by Xterminator27) so would a baby also be a "humanoid" because its no different then a 5 week old featus. and the only difference from a 5 week old featus and a 2 week old featus is its size.
No, just read what I already wrote. Let's put it this way... I BELIEVE that the fetus is the preliminary basis of a life. Beginning of a new life comes when the developed fetus (as a baby) is detached from it's mother physically and is an independant being. Like how a branch is not a tree unless is rooted and grows on its own, the baby must root (ie, become detached from it's mother) and grow (ie, grow up) on it's own.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"

Last edited by Higher_Desire : 10-27-2004 at 02:54 AM.