View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #14
BSC
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: who cares about chart positions?

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) ok you obviously missed the point of the post. i dont know exactly how many albums nickelback has sold, what i do know is that i haven't turned on the radio in the last 10 years without hearing one of their new awful songs on the radio in constant rotation. they have seriously released a new song every 2 months for the last 8-10 years or however they've been around.

my point was that record sales mean nothing, absolutely nothing. mastodon released an incredible album this year called "crack the skye" that sold maybe a few hundred thousand copies, does that mean that it sucks? no, that means that it just doesn't appeal to a large mass of people. like i said, coldplay sells way more records than radiohead, what do you have to say about that? please don't tell me you think coldplay is better than radiohead, or you have no absolutely no credibility in the music world.

oh by the way, nickelback sold about as many albums as creed, they have released 6 albums but their newest one, "dark horse" is their 4th since silver side up, which was their breakthrough album, before that no one even knew who they were. theyve basically sold the same as creed.

If you don't know how many albums Nickelback have sold then why state that they've doubled Creed's figures? Also in your last paragraph you say Nickelback have sold about as many albums as Creed, but once again, why did you say they doubled Creed's figures in your first post?

Oh, and they've actually released 8 albums.

Hesher
Curb
The State
Silver Side Up
The Long Road
Three Sided Coin
All The Right Reasons
Dark Horse