View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 03:15 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Some more Jerry news, courtesy of the Jerry Depot

JERRY CANTRELL Performs At Fashion Show In L.A.: Photos Available - Apr. 3, 2004

CARDBOARD VAMPIRES, the new "jam" band featuring former ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell and vocalist John Corabi (ex-MÖTLEY CRÜE, BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION, THE SCREAM), performed at the Rock & Republic Fashion Concert at the Avalon in Hollywood, California on Thursday (April 1). Check out pictures from Wire Image and LFI.

In other Cantrell-related news, Jerry will reportedly be performing Saturday night (April 3) as part of Paul Rodgers' (FREE, BAD COMPANY) backing band at the Brandon BBQFest in Brandon, Florida. Also included in the group's lineup is guitarist Howard Lees of HEART.

"It's basically a Seattle band," Rodgers told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. "What I always try to put together is a band that can really rock, and that's what I love about these guys. They've just got so much energy and enthusiasm."

One great thing about Rodgers' current band, he said, is that they've inspired him to refresh, and even reinvent, some of his older material.

Even "All Right Now", the semi-novelty song that became a No. 4 hit for FREE in 1970, doesn't feel dated to the singer.

"FREE was a blues band, and 'All Right Now' was based on that blues influence," he told the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. "That feeling comes out again in the way we're playing it on stage with this band. I keep finding new interpretations of the old songs."

They are doing some charity stuff as well, a performance in a week or so, I believe, in California.