View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 10:02 PM   #30
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) No, no, no, I did not use Bullets as an example of what a song's lyrics SHOULD be. I used Bullets as an example of the Creed songs that did not have spirituality in them. No way was I implying that Bullets is a lyrical masterpiece; it's far from that.

lol, I knew what you meant Titan, I was just giving you trouble for using Bullets as ANY kind of examples for lyrics, lol!

Quote: About One: I can't really spot any spirituality in that song. Is it preachy in that it preaches peace and unity? Yes and I think that's a good thing. Is it preachy in that it preaches religion? Heck no. That was why I cited that song as a Creed song that doesn't have any spirituality in it. In your posts you have made it seem like every Creed song is preachy about religion, which isn't true.

Meh, not preachy about religion. Just preachy. And they aren't ALL. As I have said many times, Creed's singles are their worst songs by far. MOP had some preachy songs (like One), but overall I liked the album, with four or five songs I didn't like too much. Then in HC and Weathered they went commercial. I hate it when bands with potential sell that potential for success.

Quote: Never would I compare Stapp, lyrically, to Bono, lyrically. I like Stapp's lyrics more than Bono's(pretty much because I like Creed more than I do U2), but I know that Bono is a lot more respected as a lyricist than Stapp is. I also know that Bono is ranked among the best when it comes to frontmen and that U2 is ranked as a legendary band. I don't disagree with that at all, because U2 has done a lot of great things as a band and they've always been a pretty creative band.

'Xactly

Quote: However, I perfer Stapp to Bono and Creed to U2. But I know not everyone does and that's why I wouldn't dare say Stapp is as good as or better than Bono.

You like Creed more than U2/ Someday you will change your mind