View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #29
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrummer) Did you just use bullets as an example of what a song's lyrics should be...? Come on, Titan, I know you are better than that. What If is actually the only song I don't mind the lyrics. But One is the msot preachy song I can think of at the moment...

No, no, no, I did not use Bullets as an example of what a song's lyrics SHOULD be. I used Bullets as an example of the Creed songs that did not have spirituality in them. No way was I implying that Bullets is a lyrical masterpiece; it's far from that.

About One: I can't really spot any spirituality in that song. Is it preachy in that it preaches peace and unity? Yes and I think that's a good thing. Is it preachy in that it preaches religion? Heck no. That was why I cited that song as a Creed song that doesn't have any spirituality in it. In your posts you have made it seem like every Creed song is preachy about religion, which isn't true.

Never would I compare Stapp, lyrically, to Bono, lyrically. I like Stapp's lyrics more than Bono's(pretty much because I like Creed more than I do U2), but I know that Bono is a lot more respected as a lyricist than Stapp is. I also know that Bono is ranked among the best when it comes to frontmen and that U2 is ranked as a legendary band. I don't disagree with that at all, because U2 has done a lot of great things as a band and they've always been a pretty creative band. However, I perfer Stapp to Bono and Creed to U2. But I know not everyone does and that's why I wouldn't dare say Stapp is as good as or better than Bono.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!