View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 11:02 AM   #27
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Oh, I'll agree, at this point, Alter Bridge doesn't compare with Creed. I just pulled out MOP for the first time in a couple of months and I listened to the whole thing, without skipping a single track. I forgot how amazing that CD was. I mean, no track on that CD, imo, is skippable. You've got solid track after solid track after solid track. Whereas on ODR, I skip a couple(namely 2 out of the last 3 tracks) tracks. Even though there are some great solos and great tracks on ODR, it still isn't as good, imo, as MOP. But it is a excellent debut CD for AB, considering the amount of time they took recording it.

However, AB still COULD become better than Creed, maybe not from a success standpoint, but from a creative standpoint. What I'd like to see for the next CD is Myles writing all the lyrics(Mark's a decent lyricist, but I think Myles would be a better fit), a few more solos and if there are ballads, I'd like to see better ones. If AB can improve upon the first CD on the next album and then carry that momentum over to the third CD, then they could very well end up a creatively better band than Creed.

As far as the lyrics in Creed, there definitely wasn't religious stuff in every single song. Is there anything religious about Bullets? How about What If? Or My Sacrifice? Or One? See what I mean? There were spiritual meanings sprinkled into some songs, but not all. U2 does the same sort of thing. You'll see spiritual stuff in some songs, but not all songs by them. If the lyrics come from the heart and if you're a Christian(whether that's a committed one or a struggling one), spirituality will find its way into your lyrics. I speak from experience, being a lyricist myself. It's not like I TRY to infuse spirituality into my lyrics; it just happens.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!

Last edited by titan9 : 07-28-2005 at 11:06 AM.