View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #26
Tremontixriffs
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Exactly.

Why anyone would claim Zack de la Roche is a great singer is beyond me...

Guys,

I was not saying that Cornell and Kennedy are not really talented rock singers, but collectively as a band rage against the machine while together were unbelieveable, even though a little political. Uncertain is right when he says that there is potential with Alter Bridge, But whether or not collectively they will jell as well as Stapp and Tremonti and Phillips remains to be seen. Creed as a band before the problems were awesome and I understand that they aren't together anymore, but I cannot agree that alter bridge is a better band at this jucture, Tremonti's guitar playing may be at his best with AB , but Collectively Tremonti and Stapp as a duo were unbeatable...They were only one of the best songwriting duos around and I actually like the Mayfield Four..I actually think that band fit myles better than alter bridge, but thats my opinion. Oh yeah and uncertains take on Stapps Lyrics are a little shabby, especially when he claims all there songs were religious hub gub, but to tell ou the truth I never eally noticed. The songs creed wrote were lyrically awesome and held meaning as where with the exception of a few songs One Day remains seems to be a repetitve pot shots at Stapp and the creed days.Sorry but to me Weathered, Six Feet, Bullets, My sacrifice were really good songs and I'm sorry to say can't hold a candle to any song Alter bridge has put out so far, and that really says something because Weathered was considered to be the worst of the three Cd's. I actually hear those songs on the radio now more than I've heard AB on the radio and its been four years since they came out.