View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 11:52 PM   #25
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I'm a huge fan of Stapp, but I never would rank him, technically speaking, above Myles. There is NO denying that Myles has more range than Stapp and is, overall, the better musician of the two. I say that because not only can Myles sing and hold incredible notes, but he is also a capable lyricist(see his lyrics in Mayfield Four) and a good guitarist who can compose songs. Stapp, in my honest opinion, is a very good lyricist(slightly better than Myles) and a pretty good singer. But he can't, that I know of, play guitar and compose songs like Myles did in MF4. However, Stapp easily ranks in my personal top 10 favorite singers, as does Myles, who actually is my favorite singer at the moment. Stapp doesn't have the kind of range Myles does, but Scott's vocals perfectly fit Creed. Who knows if they would have been a massively popular band if they had another guy as their lead singer.

Exactly.

Quote: I'll agree with Uncertain regarding Cornell/de la Roche. Nothing about de la Roche's vocals blew me away. However, having listened to just Audioslave's new CD(and select tracks off their first one), I can easily say that Cornell blows me away with his vocal ability. That dude has range!

Why anyone would claim Zack de la Roche is a great singer is beyond me...